Events Calendar PRO

•  
    • Comments
    • Updated
    • Solved Closed
      Event Description Box

Posted by: dmvsthemove
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:17am

Hi, Love the plug in quick question: On a single event post there’s a gray description box that list venue/map/ etc. Currently it shows at the bottom of the event post, how would I change that to show at the top of the post above the event information? …

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Templates / Template Overides – New Meta Templates

Posted by: ddbuster
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:16am

Trying to follow the 3.6 guidelines below: > The first technique is to set up template overrides for the new meta templates (which live in the views/modules/meta directory) and make your changes there – please review our Themer’s Guide if you are unfam…

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Venue Permalinks

Posted by: deepdalefarm

I’ve noticed that when you create a new venue as part of the event submission process, it picks up the same permalink as the name of the event rather than the name of the venue. For example someone added Wiveton Hall Farmers Market to our calendar. The…

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Day Header Colors on Calendar Widget

Posted by: kweeding

How can I change the color of the day headers on the calendar widget. They are showing as dark grey on a dark grey background which makes them difficult to read.

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Upcoming Events Widget

Posted by: fccilm
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:15am

New to EP but I was curious if if possible the change the way the upcoming events are displayed in the widget?

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      events in rss feed

Posted by: hackauf
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:15am

hello, i added my events to the wordpress rss feed and added the starting date instead of the publishing date to the feed according the manual provided here https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-add-events-to-your-rss-feed/ . and that works fine. one problem o…

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Multiple events on same day

Posted by: adamcrouchley
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:14am

I’m sure others have faced this issue, but if my calendar has (for example) 10 events on a single day, is it possible to just have a number (10) to show the events, then have something happen when the visitor clicks on that number? Thanks Adam.

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Day View – previous & next day links not working

Posted by: Lynden Jones

When viewing the events in day view the previous and next link don’t work. The url that the page should be going to is correctly showing but it doesn’t activate. I have tried it without any other plugins running and with the default theme.

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Creating Columns in Events Page

Posted by: robpoole

I need to display logos on an event page, but have not figured out a way to position the logos in organized columns. Right now, they’re in one, long single column. How do I create multiple columns?

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Display Additional Field in Event List Widget

Posted by: gosprout
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:13am

Hi, I have added a custom additional field called “Link”. How do I enable it so that it displays in the Event List Widget? (What would the line of code be and which files would I add it to?) Thanks, Jen

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Pop-up Calendar in "Events in" Box not displaying

Posted by: dkiessling

Our client is reporting the calendar pop up box does not appear when placing the cursor in the “Events in” search field. The client is using Chrome in a networked environment on a slower connection. The issue appears to be isolated a single compu…

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      iCal creates new calendar versus adding to personal calendar

Posted by: clintre

We have noticed that when we create events and someone clicks on the iCal link for that event it is created in a new calendar (site name) versus just being added into the persons personal calendar. This is very messy and the visitors do not like it Is there a…

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Hiding Address in mobile/responsive view

Posted by: tonypantello
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:12am

Hi – how would I hide the address line in the mobile/responsive view (not in normal view)? For example, I’d like it to display in mobile formats like: Venue Name | Google Map In normal full view the full address would still be listed. Is this po…

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Responsive Featured Image Sizing

Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:11am

Hi! On the single event page, how would I change the size of the featured image for devices? For example, on a smartphone that are certain sizes of images I’d like to change while not changing the image size on a laptop or tablet. I know how to do @spec…

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Recurring Events 404 Error

Posted by: audaciouscreate
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:11am

Hi. There seems to be a major issue concerning the recurring events. I know I am not the only person to have run into this issue. I run a site that allows users to view and book onto fortnightly networking meetings and so it’s imperative the users can v…

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      ical import on iOS

Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:09am

Hi – the ical import button does not take users to their calendars on an iphone or ipad. I sure you know this already but is there any way to make this import work on an iOS device? Given most people keep their calendar on their phone I’d love to …

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Get event types

Posted by: hodephinitely
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:09am

Maybe I’m missing something, but I can’t seem to just get a list/array of the currently displaying event’s categories (when viewing a single event). Is there one?

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      google maps and venue issue

Posted by: accessrose
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:08am

I just installed a new WordPress theme to my site and now I can’t figure out why the google maps is acting up on my site. Also, the events calendar widget won’t change dates when you choose a different day.

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Hide "Event Tags" title

Posted by: Hunter
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:08am

How can I hide/change the “Event Tags” title? I don’t want to hide the tags themselves, just the title. I’ve been hunting forever and can’t find where it’s being called from.

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Map view page not working

Posted by: simone
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:07am

Hello I’ve switched to a new template, currently my Events Map page does not load the map. Week, day, etc views work fine. It seems that the page is empty. How can I reset the event map-view page ?

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Venue permalinks

Posted by: yvrmark
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:05am

Hi, I have an odd situation. When someone creates their own event and adds a new venue the event Permalink is showing as /venue/name-of-event/ as opposed to /venue/name-of-venue/.

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      problem with styling the Events List Widget

Posted by: peterarthurwierenga
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:04am

Dear Tribe, We use the Events Manager Pro and use the Events List Widget in the footer. It takes up a lot of space, caused by 1. the space between the event-title and the event-date@time 2. the big space between the Title line and the first event. In the foru…

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Is it possible to set categories to membership levels?

Posted by: Peter
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 8:01am

Hi there, I am setting up a membership site with 5 levels and would like certain categories of events to only be seen in some of the membership levels. For example meeting events for organisers only that the public dont have access to? Is this possible with t…

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Map is blank for all events on individual event pages

Posted by: Del Sol
      Most Recent by: Casey on 2014/08/14 at 7:59am

Hello there, We are now in the final 3 days of our 30-day refund period for The Event Calendar PRO and are somewhat concerned that we are still encountering a problem. We did as suggested; All plugins have been deactivated and we tested functionality across S…

• 8/14/14
    • Solved Closed
      Menu link to upcoming recurring event

Posted by: peopleschurch
      Most Recent by: Barry on 2014/08/13 at 7:38pm

I was wondering if there is an easy way to link to the next upcoming recurring event. We would like to have a link in our navigation to link to an event that happens weekly but not need to update the link in the nav weekly. When adding an event as a menu item…

• 8/13/14
    • Solved Closed
      what permalink to use?

Posted by: screenrage
      Most Recent by: Brian on 2014/08/13 at 2:58pm

I’m confused. What are pretty permalink? Or more importantly what should my Event Calendar Pro and Community Events permalinks be set to?

• 8/13/14
    • Solved Closed
      Events Calendar Pro v3.7 Bug?

Posted by: Daniel
      Most Recent by: Casey D on 2014/08/13 at 2:29pm

I’ve just updated to v3.7 and the custom fields I’ve had setup using PODS are now acting funny. Using Relationship->Simple with multiple-selectable fields, the information no longer saves and isn’t available on the front end. Any idea on …

• 8/13/14
    • Solved Closed
      Best way to copy events

Posted by: xrossglobalgroup
      Most Recent by: Casey D on 2014/08/13 at 1:06pm

I organise a lot of events that keep coming regularly, but at irregular intervals or same events but different locations. Instead of continuously copying all texts etc, is there an easy to copy an event, change what is necessary and publish it? Thanks for you…

• 8/13/14
    • Solved Closed
      How can I remove fields from being displayed?

Posted by: Barbara Spence
      Most Recent by: Casey D on 2014/08/13 at 1:05pm

Is there’s a way to remove the below unnecessary repetitive text that gets posted to recurring events. Takes up valuable space. |Recurring Event (See all) Every 2 weeks on Friday until December 11, 2014 Default to (check) Venue and uncheck City/…

• 8/13/14
    • Solved Closed
      Background Color

Posted by: tgolas
      Most Recent by: Barry on 2014/08/13 at 12:35pm

I’m using The Events Calendar (not pro) for one of my nonprofit sites, and trying to figure out how to change the background color on the calendar and individual event views. You can see them here: http://expresstheatre.com/events/ and here: http://expr…

• 8/13/14
    • Solved Closed
      French Translation Question

Posted by: tcoopee
      Most Recent by: Leah on 2014/08/13 at 12:16pm

When I view the calendar in French, only part of it is showing up as translated, even though some of the strings are translated in the language file. An example I am viewing the calendar by week by default and when I go in, the phrase “Events for week …

• 8/13/14
    • Solved Closed
      Yoast still causing tons of 404s

Posted by: Micha McLain
      Most Recent by: Barry on 2014/08/12 at 6:31pm

Hello. I recently started a topic at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/1000s-of-404-errors-caused/. Brook provided a solution that seemed to work for removing these date driven 404s. I verified that the code <meta name=”robot” …

• 8/12/14
    • Solved Closed
      Key Expired

Posted by: Steve LaBadie
      Most Recent by: Leah on 2014/08/12 at 1:24pm

My key 2f9b81561205[deleted for security]b5c1b9e58a has expired, but I don’t see it under my profile to renew.

• 8/12/14
    • Solved Closed
      Reusing same event on another site

Posted by: aling
      Most Recent by: Barry on 2014/08/12 at 10:58am

Hi, I have a question. I work for Light Group which owns quite a few nightclubs and lounges. My question is, is it possible to have all venue events on 1 site but somehow pull specific events for specific venues into their own individual site? For example, …

• 8/12/14
    • Solved Closed
      Page Not Found

Posted by: Angela Giovine
      Most Recent by: Casey D on 2014/08/12 at 10:54am

I’m having trouble adding events to the calendar. So far, I’ve tried to ad two different events and when I click on preview, I get “page not found.”

• 8/12/14
    • Solved Closed
      Calendar Page Title Showing as Event Title

Posted by: industry11
      Most Recent by: Casey D on 2014/08/12 at 10:50am

I’ve read through the FAQ on this subject and am still having issues correcting this major bug in the Pro plugin. Can someone from Tribe correct this on our site and subsequently correct the product so this doesn’t occur. We’re using Full Wi…

• 8/12/14
    • Solved Closed
      How to search by country?

Posted by: persyst
      Most Recent by: Casey D on 2014/08/12 at 9:53am

I have an August event that I’ve posted on my site that is located in Belem, Brazil. Here’s the link. http://cypherspot.com/event/red-bull-bc-one-latin-america-final-livestream/ It does not show up on the event map, and the only way I am able to f…

• 8/12/14