Help Desk

Events Calendar PRO

•  
    • Comments
    • Updated
    • Solved Closed
      Can the size of the featured image on a event page be increased?

Posted by: Lydia
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/29 at 9:22am

See pic http://www.siddhayoganyc.org/images/Image1.jpg. Have another question to the events page so I separated the issue on the discussion board. The feature image appears as one size on the upper left hand corner of the event page would like to make the i…

• 5/29/12
    • Solved Closed
      Removing default stylesheets from head

Posted by: Jesse
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/29 at 9:11am

Hello… I’m trying to remove the default event calendar stylesheets from the front-end of my theme. I started with this function but I get a server error: `add_action( \’wp_print_styles\’, \’my_deregister_styles\’, 100 ); f…

• 5/29/12
    • Solved Closed
      Embed the calendar in a page

Posted by: Arjun
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/29 at 8:25am

Hello everyone, sorry if it is a repost, I searched and sorted through a good number of posts but could not find the answer. If I have missed the actual answer in a post, please paste the link to that and close this thread, thanks and sorry for the trouble. Q…

• 5/29/12
    • Solved Closed
      List upcoming events until the event end time

Posted by: Kelly
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/25 at 8:36am

I’m currently using tribe_get_events with eventDisplay = upcoming to display upcoming events on the home page. It displays all events for the current day, is there a way to modify the query to display events only until the event endtime? Thanks for yo…

• 5/25/12
    • Solved Closed
      Single day view…

Posted by: javier
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/23 at 6:01pm

Hello! Where can I find the “Single day view” feature? Where can I enable it? Thanks!

• 5/23/12
    • Solved Closed
      Annual Archives?

Posted by: Marty
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/23 at 7:56am

Hi there, I need to create list-style views for given years. Right now the direction I’m considering is creating page templates that execute a specially constructed query. But that seems like a very manual approach and I sense there’s a better way…

• 5/23/12
    • Solved Closed
      Event Creation With Roles and Capabilites

Posted by: Yancy
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/23 at 7:35am

I’m attempting to use Roles and Capabilities to manage Contributors ability to create and edit events. While the capabilities are showing up in the admin, they seem to have little effect. A Contributor is able to publish — however, their dates def…

• 5/23/12
    • Solved Closed
      Calendar of Events Broken

Posted by: Matthew
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/22 at 12:34pm

Just upgraded to the Pro version and it seems to have broken my Calendar of events. The days that don’t have events in them are super skinny and the days with events are super wide, instead of being spaced evenly along the columns. Any help would be gre…

• 5/22/12
    • Solved Closed
      Still a problem

Posted by: Mark
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/22 at 12:28pm

I am having this issue on my client’s site: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/updating-button-keeps-spinning-not-new-publishing-either/page/2/ Both versions are 2.06 – same issue. Creating an event from scratch works all around b…

• 5/22/12
    • Solved Closed
      Adding calendar to specific pages

Posted by: Morena
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/22 at 12:08pm

Hi, I purchased the plugin today and I am looking to add a smaller version of the calendar to a couple of my pages. Searching the forums I understand the plugin does not support short codes… I also found various references to template tags. Unfortunatel…

• 5/22/12
    • Solved Closed
      wp_dropdown_categories 1 2

Posted by: Javier
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/21 at 10:50am

Can I get something like the wp_dropdown_categories but with the category events?? What code is it? Thanks

• 5/21/12
    • Solved Closed
      Recurring events not showing redirect loop

Posted by: Laura
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/17 at 2:47pm

I’m reaching out not only to congratulate you guys and the awesome work you do, but to ask about a problem I seem unable to resolve. It’s probably something staring at my face but I can’t see it. We’re experiencing a problem with recu…

• 5/17/12
    • Solved Closed
      1970 Bug

Posted by: Anthony D’Arco
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/16 at 5:36pm

I know there have been a couple of threads about this before (but when I searched for 1970 Bug, I couldn’t seem to find what I was looking for). First off, I know the problem before was that the Pro version was not the same as Free version. I can assure…

• 5/16/12
    • Solved Closed
      Upcoming and Feature Widgets sometimes don't display content

Posted by: Byron
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/15 at 3:22pm

Hi, We’ve got our install of ECP working nicely and we just found something interesting. On top level page in a sidebar we have the featured event and upcoming event widgets and they work perfectly well and display the content as expected. All good, e…

• 5/15/12
    • Solved Closed
      The 'View all Events' and 'Past Events' break after a while

Posted by: Fabien
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/15 at 3:12pm

Hello, on http://www.bcfa.eu/ the http://www.bcfa.eu/events/month/ (and some others) link breaks after some time has passed, I think it has something to do with the fact the site is setup in multiple languages & someone has seen the calendar in another la…

• 5/15/12
    • Solved Closed
      Community Events

Posted by: karen
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/15 at 3:02pm

I am sorry, but I Looked over the information that I could find on the Community Events and it was not clear if the community events page is separate from the EVENTS or in fact could be if one wanted.. like everyone could have their own which could then go on…

• 5/15/12
    • Solved Closed
      Release: The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.5

Posted by: Rob
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/15 at 2:59pm

Almost a month to the day after pushing our 2.0.4 code base, today marks the release of The Events Calendar & The Events Calendar PRO 2.0.5. The code includes some bug fixes and new features (a snazzy, totally re-done Settings page among them)…along…

• 5/15/12
    • Solved Closed
      Current Menu Item in Navbar – No CSS/No Breadcrumb Trail

Posted by: Danny
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/15 at 2:54pm

Hello, I am having an issue applying a style to the current menu item in my nav bar that links to my events calendar. http://grassrootsvolley.ca/camps You will see that “Schedule” does not have the current menu item styles that the other pages do,…

• 5/15/12
    • Solved Closed
      Can I turn off AJAX loading in grid calendar view

Posted by: Steve
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/14 at 7:56am

Hi, I have a calendar with quite a few events–about 6 per day–and it seems like the AJAX loading from month to month is painfully slow. Is it possible to disable this? Here’s the calendar in question: http://dpractice.postmodernsublime.com/e…

• 5/14/12
    • Solved Closed
      Event Calendar Pro not transitioning to new URL

Posted by: rob
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/14 at 7:55am

Hi, I had The Event Calendar Pro installed on a URL for testing purposes and since the switch to the live (different) URL some functionality is missing. For example, the ability to add a field is now gone, and on my Event Calendar settings it suggests updati…

• 5/14/12
    • Solved Closed
      Event calendar widget doesn´t work

Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/14 at 7:17am

Hello! The event detail upon hover doesn´t appear, in its place appear the mouse symbol of select text. The month detail and “View All” link that appears in the “badass features” jpg of tribe web doesn´t appear either. How can I fix…

• 5/14/12
    • Solved Closed
      Add custom taxonomy (custom tags) to my events

Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/10 at 9:20pm

Hi Again! I´m a designer… so I don´t know much about programming, php, css… just a little (liiiittle) bit. I need to create a custom tag (custom taxonomy) for my events. Looking in the search option I have seen results to add the tags in the event backe…

• 5/10/12
    • Solved Closed
      Event Calendar iniatializing

Posted by: Laurie
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/08 at 4:33pm

I have an issue with Calendar Pro where my error_log is filling with: [08-May-2012 00:53:53 UTC] The Events Calendar Log: Initializing Tribe Events on May, 8th at 12:05:53 am This can happen every few seconds! What’s going on?? Thanks

• 5/8/12
    • Solved Closed
      Licence Key – Offline development

Posted by: Paul
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/08 at 4:32pm

Im trying to do some further offline development of a site ive built using the events calendar pro plugin, but keep getting a server error. Ive tracked it down to the events plugins, could this be something to do with the licence key being linked to the onlin…

• 5/8/12
    • Solved Closed
      Events Calendar widget conflicting with

Posted by: Michael Andre
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/07 at 12:40pm

Hi, Having some trouble adding the Events Calendar widget to some pages on my site – it seems that if the template includes the “php the_content” function and I add the widget on to that page it will override what should be pulled (say a blo…

• 5/7/12
    • Solved Closed
      Events Calendar changing Nav Menu? 1 2 3

Posted by: corey
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/07 at 12:37pm

Hello, I just recently installed Events Calendar Pro and notice on my calendar page my header navigation buttons titles are changed to “calendar of events” for all of them. http://is.gd/dYMH3h‘ Any idea why that would be?

• 5/7/12
    • Solved Closed
      Getting error message for community events

Posted by: Ken
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/07 at 12:36pm

I was looking for the front end form and type the url like in the video and I am getting this error. Fatal error: Call to undefined function has_post_thumbnail() in /home/relyloci/public_html/shoplocallansing.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-communi…

• 5/7/12
    • Solved Closed
      Changed URL slug

Posted by: Katrina
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/07 at 12:30pm

Hi! I started using Events Calender Pro and was able to see it live on my site but I changed the title page of it and the calender does not show any more. I also changed the url slug and it still does not show. I been researching on how to fix and tried many…

• 5/7/12
    • Solved Closed
      Title and Months

Posted by: AJ
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/07 at 9:12am

I cannot get the title show at all on my calendar/events/venues/etc. Also every other month the month navigation is messed up. I don’t know what to do!! http://www.musicalertsnow.com/events

• 5/7/12
    • Solved Closed
      Additional fields not appearing, venues not showing

Posted by: Yorgos
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/04 at 11:59am

Hi I just installed Events Calendar Pro on my site, where I already had The Events Calendar. I have defined a few custom fields, and added some venues. I have two problems entering new events or editing existing ones: 1) The additional fields do not appear at…

• 5/4/12
    • Solved Closed
      +Google Calendar 414 Error

Posted by: Simon
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/03 at 2:53pm

When I click the “+Google Calendar” button on my site I get the following error: “414. That’s an error. The requested URL /calendar/event… is too large to process. That’s all we know.” It looks like Events Calendar PRO is pas…

• 5/3/12
    • Solved Closed
      tribe_get_linked_day parameter format?

Posted by: Jesse
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/03 at 1:58pm

I’m wondering in what format the two strings in this function have to be in: tribe_get_linked_day($date, $day) $date and $day It doesn’t say in the comments in the original file (template-tags.php in PRO) or in the documentation. Thanks! Original…

• 5/3/12
    • Solved Closed
      Issue with Calendar Pro Installation

Posted by: Jaish
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/03 at 1:55pm

We are having some issue with creating Events and other features with the Calendar as below. Please suggest the solution. We are PHP version as 5.2.17 and WordPress version as 3.3.2. Also we are using lates version of Calender Pro. 1. Add Event Page: In Updat…

• 5/3/12
    • Solved Closed
      Misaligned header on Events page

Posted by: Jessica
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/03 at 1:54pm

Hello, This is our events calendar: http://www.seattleglobalist.com/events/ I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the Page title and the text below it correctly aligned, like it is on all our other pages: http://www.seattleglobalist.com/about-the-…

• 5/3/12
    • Solved Closed
      Strange Double Rendering with Thesis 1 2 3

Posted by: Albert
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/03 at 10:43am

I had a very old version of Events Calendar Pro installed on this site (Thesis 1.8 theme) that was starting to show some issues with the most recent version of WordPress. Therefore, I scrapped it and did a complete new install of Events Calendar Pro 2.0.3. I …

• 5/3/12
    • Solved Closed
      Don't diplay past events in Single Venue view.

Posted by: Ken
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/02 at 4:01pm

I have noticed that when viewing a single venue page that under the “Upcoming Events At This Venue” the events listed start with first event of the month and list the next 4 events for a total of 5 events. However they are not the “Upcoming&…

• 5/2/12
    • Solved Closed
      Feature Request: Rich Snippets for Google on Events Grid Page

Posted by: Brian
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/02 at 11:39am

I see that rich snippets data is there for the single event page but there aren’t any on the events calendar grid template. (I have the pro version.) It’s a massive SEO benefit to have events indexed on Google like this: http://www.google.com/webm…

• 5/2/12
    • Solved Closed
      Event List display shows "Venue" twice

Posted by: Yazmin
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/01 at 6:36pm

On the Calendar of Events > Event List display, there is a column on the right that lists, Start, End, Venue, Phone,and Address for each of the events. In every listing, the location is displayed twice under “Venue.” It’s only listed once…

• 5/1/12
    • Solved Closed
      Event List Styling / Calendar Navigation Odd when no Events

Posted by: Joshua
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/05/01 at 12:23pm

My apologies up front as it seems this plugin might be geared towards someone with a little more WP programming experience than I have so I’m guessing these are probably rather basic questions. So here’s my questions: 1 – When in Calendar Vi…

• 5/1/12
    • Solved Closed
      Events Show Oldest First on widget and page

Posted by: Pedro
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/05/01 at 10:39am

Hello, I am having an issue with TEC Pro where older events (like events that started in march for example) show up before current / upcoming events. This applies to both the list widget on the sidebar and on the actual events page. Can anyone please tell me …

• 5/1/12
    • Solved Closed
      Order by start date list view

Posted by: Chad
      Most Recent by: Jonah on 2012/04/27 at 10:19am

Hi, Maybe I am missing something completely obvious, but out of the box it looks like events are not ordered by event start date and I can find no code in the docs, faq or forum to do so. Please let me know how to do this or where to find the information.

• 4/27/12
    • Solved Closed
      ical and gcal link issues

Posted by: Chad
      Most Recent by: Rob on 2012/04/26 at 3:19pm

my ical buttons just redirect back to the event detail page, also i can’t get the gcal function to return the proper info within a loop of my get tribe events. tried passing the event id like below. <a href="” class=’gcal-add cal-ad…

• 4/26/12

You must be logged in and hold an active support license to create new topics in the support forum. Please visit our products store to purchase a license.