Workaround for enabling archive pages excerpts

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Workaround for enabling archive pages excerpts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Leander Wattig
    Participant

Hi from Berlin,

I love The Events Calendar and use it every day but I got one problem I really need a solution for:

I want to enable excerpts on WordPress archive pages but when doing so the events page …/events doesn’t work any more as shown on the screenshots. It’s the same on the pages …/events/… for the different event categories. The rest works fine. Enabling excerpts causes that.

Is there a workaround so I can use excerpts on archive pages but it doesn’t block the calendar on …/events?

I really hope we can find a solution.

Thanks and best,
    Leander

Barry

Hi Leander,

If you craft an excerpt for your events that should already be used in both month and list views without any further adjustment. Am I misunderstanding the problem?

Let me know!

Leander Wattig
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I suppose we’re talking about different things. My problem: When I activate excerpts on archive pages in WordPress it doesn’t show the event calendar eny more. I want to activate excerpts on archive page but still have the calendar working. Is there a solution you can think of?

Best,
    Leander

Barry

OK, thanks for clarifying.

My problem: When I activate excerpts on archive pages in WordPress it doesn’t show the event calendar eny more.

Can you confirm which setting are you using for this and if it is a theme specific setting, or else describe the code are you adding to enforce it?

Thanks!

Leander Wattig
    Participant

I’m using the Make theme and activating the excerpt function there: https://thethemefoundry.com/wordpress-themes/make/

Thanks for your support!

Barry

OK – unfortunately I’m unfamiliar with that theme and the feature you’ve described.

Perhaps their support team can guide you toward a hook that lets you disable this behaviour selectively, though? You could then make use of the following The Events Calendar functions to test and see if you are in month view or list view and disable it:

Does that help?

Leander Wattig
    Participant

I found a solution with the help of the plugin “Easy Custom Auto Excerpt”. It allows me to use excerpts without blocking the Events Calendar.

Thanks for your support, Barry!

Barry

Excellent!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Workaround for enabling archive pages excerpts’ is closed to new replies.