I downloaded the latest release and now calendar doesn't work

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO I downloaded the latest release and now calendar doesn't work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jamie
    Participant

Hello! I downloaded the latest calendar and now my calendar does not work. It displays a calendar but when I click on the event I get an error message. I also tried downloading the new color filter bar and that also created an error. I deleted that one but it did not help my calendar. Please help! Thank you!

Geoff B.

Good morning Jamie and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the error messages you are getting while clicking on events.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

This looks like a 404 error message.
    There are 2 ways to go about this:

1. Head over to Settings > Permalinks and re-save your permalinks
    2. If that does not work, try entering one of the events and re-saving it. See if that helps for that specific event.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Jamie
    Participant

Hello! The events work as long as they are not recurring events. I found I
    can remove the recurrence and it works. If I make a new event that is
    recurring it does not work. Seems to only be an issue with recurring
    events.

Geoff B.

Good morning Jamie,

Thank you for writing back and running those tests.
    You did not mention if you re-saved your permalinks.

If you did not, this is the first thing I would recommend since it cures most 404 issues.
    In fact, while you are at it, I would recommend going through the following article: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/fixing-http-404-errors/

One thing I am noticing is that you are using a version of PHP that is getting quite old.
    I cannot say for sure that this is related to the current issue, but I would very strongly recommend updating to PHP 5.4.x+

In fact WordPress recommends PHP 7+.
    This will ensure a much more stable environment.

There are a couple of additional troubleshooting steps we can take:

1. Can you try temporarily reverting back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if that helps.
    2. Try updating to the Events Calendar 4.5.9 and the Events Calendar Pro 4.4.15

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘I downloaded the latest release and now calendar doesn't work’ is closed to new replies.