Single event showing on correct day of event AND day before in calendar view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Single event showing on correct day of event AND day before in calendar view

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    inikosoft
    Participant

Hello,
    We set up an event that starts at 9am on August 18th and ends at 12noon the same day. In the calendar view you see it appear on August 18th as well as August 17th. If I hover over the event on the 17th, it says “August 18th”. How do I get the event to only show on the correct date? We tried changing the time of the event and it fixed the issue but once we put the time back, the duplicate showed up again. Help! (see screenshot)

Schoolwide Calendar

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! Can you look under Settings > General and verify that the timezone setting there is correct for your area? If the setting is correct, the next step would be to test for conflicts with your theme and other plugins to see if this works properly using a default WordPress theme (such as Twenty Seventeen) with all of your other plugins disabled. The WP Staging plugin will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing, if you would prefer not to do this on your live site.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jennifer

inikosoft
    Participant

Hello,
    We are hosting this site on WP Engine so I was able to duplicate the site to a staging area there. I deactivated all plugins except The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO and the issue was still occurring. I then changed the theme to another theme, still there. I reverted it all back so that it matches the site again since the plugins and theme weren’t the issue. How do we go about troubleshooting this issue? School is starting next week and parents are calling about events showing 2 days in a row so we’re trying to fix this issue as quickly as possible. Oh, I also checked the timestamp and have it set to Los Angeles. I tried changing it to UTC and that didn’t help either.

This is the staging site. If you go to this page and click over to Oct 9th, you’ll see “University of Florida” is doing what I’m referring (showing on 2 days even though it’s a single day event).

https://kehillah.staging.wpengine.com/calendars/schoolwide-calendar/

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by inikosoft.
    inikosoft
    Participant

I also wanted to point out that this is only happening in the month view. I’m using shortcode [tribe_events view=”month” category=”schoolwide” tribe-bar=”false”] and this event showing on 2 days is only happening with the month view (which is what we want). For now I’ve changed the live website to a list view while we troubleshoot the issue on the staged site.

inikosoft
    Participant

I’m trying troubleshooting steps while I wait for a reply since we need this fixes ASAP… Just letting you know I also logged in and downloaded older versions of the plugin to see if it’s just a newer release causing the issue and that didn’t help either. Still the same issue with an event that is on a single day lasting only a couple of hours showing on the correct day calendar view as well as on the day before (though if you hover over the duplicate it shows the correct date it should be on). Just FYI.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for the updates! I did some testing but was not able to recreate the issue on my end. However, I did find that some other users were able to resolve this by going into Events > Settings and adjusting the End of day cutoff setting. Could you give this a try?

Could you please also send me a screenshot of the event settings screen for one of the events that this is happening with?

Thanks!

Jennifer

inikosoft
    Participant

Jennifer, you are my HERO! That settings change worked like a charm. All of the duplicates are now GONE! Thank you so much, what a relief that it was just a simple setting issue. Thanks again!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Awesome, so glad to hear that worked for you! I know how frustrating it can be when these issues pop up that seem to have no cause!

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but please feel free to open up a new one if you have any other questions or issues.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Single event showing on correct day of event AND day before in calendar view’ is closed to new replies.