Upload the Plugin on FTP Server – Problem also with Multisite

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upload the Plugin on FTP Server – Problem also with Multisite

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dana G. Stratil
    Participant

Hello Guys,

because I’m using Multisite, the button for “uploading Plugins” doesn’t show up. So I uploaded the Plugin on my FTP-Server in /wp-content/plugins/ and I was told, that it should work. It worked with another Plugin, but not with the Events Calender Pro 4.4.14. Also the old Plugin “The events calender” isn’t there anymore after I uploaded the “events calender pro”
    The Plugin doesn’t show up on the List in WordPress. Therefore I can’t use this Plugin.

What to do? Hope you can help me!

Greetings,
    Dana

Patricia

Hi Dana,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I’m very sorry about this issue you are experiencing. Let me help you with that.

The best way to install a plugin in an individual site in a WordPress network is by accessing the My Sites -> Network Admin -> Plugins menu, upload the plugin from there (but don’t activate it for entire Network), then visit your individual site and activate the plugin from there.

Let me know if this solution works for you. If you have any other questions, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patricia

Dana G. Stratil
    Participant

Hello Patricia,

thanks for your advice! It works. But now I have another problem… The Plugin is activated and there was written “You have to update “The events calendar” to use the “Events calendar Pro”.
    So I updated this Plugin and a few other Plugins but now the Website is gone. It doesn’t matter which link I type in, there will be just a white Browser Window.

This is my (white) Website: http://voicepow.myhostpoint.ch/

I just can’t do anything, because it’s white….

Greetings,
    Deborah

Dana G. Stratil
    Participant

I deleted the Plugin “The events calendar” on my ftp-server but nothing changed. So I uploaded it again. The white screen is still there.

I really need help, because the website should have go online today…

Patricia

Hi Dana,

I’m very sorry about this issue you are now experiencing! It seems that there’s a plugin or theme conflict causing this 500 internal server error.

To immediately identify the PHP Fatal error that is causing this problem, I would suggest you to either contact your hosting provider and ask them to share the errors they find in your server log or enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG to print the errors in your screen (and save them in the /wp-content/debug.log file as well).

Once you identify which plugin (or theme) is generating the PHP Fatal error, you should disable/rename or remove the culprit via FTP. Everything should work as expected after that. Please share the PHP errors you find in your debug.log (or PHP error log) with us.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else and I’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Upload the Plugin on FTP Server – Problem also with Multisite’ is closed to new replies.