Adding tickets to your website is a great way to generate revenue and recover your overhead event costs. Because there may be costs connected with getting your events off the ground, you might want to start with a free ticketing plugin to get your feet wet before investing in a premium plugin.
Below, we’ll outline some of the best free WordPress event ticket plugins to help you narrow down your search.
PS – Looking for the best calendar plugin? Learn which WordPress calendar plugin is right for you.
We’re a little biased, but we think Event Tickets is an excellent plugin for all of your ticketing needs. With Event Tickets, you can add tickets to any WordPress custom post type and start using it right out of the box.
- Collect ticket fees from attendees by connecting to a PayPal business account.
- Generate attendee reports and export attendee data as a CSV file.
- An optional ticket stock countdown shows the number of remaining tickets.
- Works in tandem with The Events Calendar.
- Tested on the major theme frameworks such as Avada, Genesis, Woo Themes, Thesis, and many more.
Active installs: 40,000+
Related blog: Do I Need Event Tickets or Event Tickets Plus?
Tickera is another ticketing plugin that allows you to add tickets to your site for free. Users can sell and digitally send tickets directly to customers. Tickera also offers a premium version with additional payment gateway options.
- Comes with 2Checkout payment gateway, custom offline payments, and free orders.
- Integrates with a barcode scanner plugin to check in attendees.
- Add WooCommerce with a premium add-on.
- Cart feature allows users to purchase multiple tickets to multiple events at a time.
- Create different ticket types and add additional fees.
Active installs: 6,000+
Ticket Tailor allows users to create an online event ticketing system that integrates with PayPal, Stripe, MailChimp, Facebook, and Zapier.
You can embed registration forms directly onto your site where customers can purchase tickets.
- Intuitive dashboard and friendly customer interface allows for quick set up.
- Add your own booking fee to tickets.
- Automatically send tickets with barcodes and QR codes to your event attendees.
- Create customizable ticket forms.
- Multiple language support.
Active installs: 3,000+
Events Manager is a popular event registration plugin with lots of features. They also offer a premium version to extend the free plugin’s capabilities with extra payment gateway options and customizable forms.
- Multiple event registration types (single day, recurring, multi-day).
- Various location types (physical venues, online events).
- BuddyPress support.
- Timezone support.
- Widgets for events, locations, and calendars.
Active installs: 100,000+
My Tickets acts as a standalone ticketing plugin and also integrates with My Calendar. You can sell tickets for box office pick up, shipping, or accept print-at-home and e-tickets. They also have a number of premium add-ons available for purchase.
- Generate ticket sales reports.
- Manually add new tickets when someone pays by phone or mail.
- Use your mobile phone or QR code reader for printable and e-tickets.
- Send emails to single purchasers or to all attendees at a time.
- Multiple ticket types available.
Active installs: 1,000+
Choose the best free ticketing plugin to meet your goals
Each of the free WordPress plugins above is a great option depending on your needs, so take your favorites for a test drive to find the right fit.