The Test Data Generator extension adds a new settings screen in Events > Settings > Test Data that provides an automated tool to generate high quality, life-like data for The Events Calendar family of plugins.
- Download the extension ZIP file
- Log into the WordPress dashboard and navigate to Plugins → Add New
- Click the “Upload Plugin” option and choose the extension ZIP file
- Activate the plugin once it has been installed
Once activated, there will be a new settings tab in Events > Settings > Test Data. Within this tab you can select how many Organizers, Venues and/or Events to generate.
- Generate test Organizers with real-life-like names, phone numbers, websites and email addresses.
- Generate test Venues using real-life, mappable addresses, alongside real-life-like phone numbers and websites.
- Generate test Events within a selected date range. The creation process will pull from your existing Organizers, Venues and Images. You can also select to add RSVPs and/or Tickets to your generated events, if you have Event Tickets installed and active.
- Upload randomly selected images from Picsum.photos into your WP site so that all your events can have a Featured Image.
- Delete only the generated test Organizers, Venues and Events. This won’t touch your pre-existing or imported Events-related data!
- Need a blank slate? Delete ALL existing Organizers, Venues and Events with this option. This will not delete your uploaded images or any other Posts or Pages.
- Need a reset? Delete TEC-related options and transients to “factory reset” your Event Settings.
- Version 1.0.5 (October 29, 2020)
- Enhancement – Display request time-out warning across the UI, to let users know which requests may time-out and next steps.
- Feature – Add option to generate events marked as “Featured event”.
- Feature – Add custom Event Category for generated events.
- Feature – Add custom Tag for generated events.
- Version 1.0.4 (August 11, 2020)
- Enhancement – Add WP-CLI support for creating Virtual and Recurring events, and support for the TEC Reset functionality.
- Feature – Add progress bar to WP-CLI functionality.
- Feature – Add Event Category and Tag for generated events.
- Fix – Update event cost meta after creating RSVP or Ticket so the event cost info can be displayed correctly in the calendar views.
- Version 1.0.3 (July 30, 2020)
- Feature – Ability to create Recurring Events.
- Feature – Option to reset TEC settings to “factory defaults”.
- Enhancement – Updated UI to allow more detailed control over the amount of Venues, Organizers or Events that can be generated, as well as to provide a wider range of options for the event’s date range.
- Version 1.0.2 (July 14, 2020)
- Feature – Ability to create Virtual Events with YouTube embed or Zoom meeting link. Requires Virtual Events 1.0.1 or later.
- Version 1.0.1 (July 7, 2020)
- Feature – Add WP-CLI support.
- Version 18.104.22.168 (June 29, 2020)
- Fix – Prevent crash in Admin page if Event Tickets is not available.
- Version 1.0.0 (June 26, 2020)
- Initial release.