The Test Data Generator extension adds a new settings screen in Events > Settings > Test Data that provides an automated tool to generate high quality, life-like data for The Events Calendar family of plugins.
- Download the extension ZIP file
- Log into the WordPress dashboard and navigate to Plugins → Add New
- Click the “Upload Plugin” option and choose the extension ZIP file
- Activate the plugin once it has been installed
Once activated, there will be a new settings tab in Events > Settings > Test Data. Within this tab you can select how many Organizers, Venues and/or Events to generate.
- Generate test Organizers with real-life-like names, phone numbers, websites and email addresses.
- Generate test Venues using real-life, mappable addresses, alongside real-life-like phone numbers and websites.
- Generate test Events within a selected date range. The creation process will pull from your existing Organizers, Venues and Images. You can also select to add RSVPs and/or Tickets to your generated events, if you have Event Tickets installed and active.
- Upload randomly selected images from Picsum.photos into your WP site so that all your events can have a Featured Image.
- Delete only the generated test Organizers, Venues and Events. This won’t touch your pre-existing or imported Events-related data!
- Need a blank slate? Delete ALL existing Organizers, Venues and Events with this option. This will not delete your uploaded images or any other Posts or Pages.
Version 1.0.1 (July 7, 2020)
- Feature – Add WP-CLI support.
Version 126.96.36.199 (June 29, 2020)
- Fix – Prevent crash in Admin page if Event Tickets is not available.
Version 1.0.0 (June 26, 2020)
- Initial release.