In our constant quest to make using The Events Calendar and it’s add-ons as awesome a process as possible for everyone, we’re gearing up for our first round of usability testing. We’re looking for a handful of users who are available next Thursday (June 14, 2012) to give us about 30-60 minutes of their time. Anyone who participates will be given a free personal Events Calendar PRO license as a way of saying thanks.
Interested in participating? Fantastic. Here are the specific criteria of the type of people we’re seeking this round. All participants should be:
- Adults over the age of 18. Sorry, but no children will be able to participate.
- English-speaking. Either English is your first language or a strong, clear command of it.
- On a fast internet connection. This one is important — we’re going to be doing screensharing and other actions that will not work on a slow network.
- In a quiet place. We realize a lot of folks work out of coffee shops, but you’ll need to be someplace where there isn’t an ambient or otherwise distracting sound.
- Most important of all: you should have absolutely no experience using the plugin. This round of testing will specifically be aimed at improving the experience of first-time users as they activate and jump into the plugin, so we want this group to be entirely comprised of users who are interested in the plugin but haven’t actually tried it yet.
If you think you meet the criteria above, shoot us an email indicating as much and providing a bit of background on your WP experience. We’ll be in touch and will confirm a time next Thursday — between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. PT — to jump into it. Once you’ve given it a go we’ll grant you a coupon for your PRO license key.
Thanks in advance to any participants who have time to contribute. We’re confident your feedback will make using the plugin a better experience for all.