The community tickets and RSVP

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets The community tickets and RSVP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shah
    Participant

Dear all at the Events community tickets and the Event calendar Calendar:

I am saddened to report that my questions are not being answered. I had posted the error messages when I tried to upload the latest update /upgrades of the Event pro and the community events. Anyway, this is about “The community tickets”. I have purchased, The event ticket, the event ticket plus and The community tickets.
    I had heard that this was a good plugin that would allow selling tickets and also allow RSVP just like the event rocket did.
    So here are the problems.
    I wanted the event organizers to have options to either sell tickets through us or sell through other means like through their event website or directly over the phone etc. I tested my site by adding a test event while all ticket plugins were active. I did not put any price in thicket price field. Two very serious things happened.

Firstly, it said Free at the end of the Event listing.

Secondly, the system sent printed tickets to the visitors, attendees.
    Attendees could take those tickets and claim free entry. A few days ago, an organizer posted an event that cost 999.00 I had to log in and deactivate the tickets. Moreover, add tickets and add RSVP is confusing.
    Here is what I expected to happen.
    The organizers should be asked the following:
    1. Do you have the tickets for your event or it is free? This could cause legal problems.
    2. If yes what are the various packages/offering?
    3. If yes how do you want to sell your ticket: Through this site or sell them directly or through other means? Over the phone, email, the event website etc.
    4. Would you like to send an RSVP to the organizer indicating your intentions to attend(without buying tickets through this site?
    5. Number of people from your org or group intend to attend?
    6. Instead of sending a ticket to the seller, we should send a simple message that the organizers have been informed about your intentions to attend.
    7. We should also send an automatic message to the organizer about their intentions. We may force registration and login to make sure that the RSVPs are not phony. The e-mail addresses and other contact info for these potential attendees can be provided to the organizers with permission.
    If your customers like myself is not ready to sell tickets. We should be able to inform the organizers with a message saying that currently, we are not ready to sell tickets. Later, we should be able to activate ticket sales feature. But RSVP intentions must be available. There was a lot of talk about the community tickets, but I find it incomplete.

Lastly, we should have a disclaimer and terms and conditions clicked to accept the terms and conditions.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Shah,

I’m sorry you are running into issues trying to update the plugins! We have had a few other users reporting issues as well and are looking into what could be causing the errors. In the meantime, you should be able to update manually following the instructions that I sent in your previous thread. Did this work for you?

If you do not include a price for a ticket, it will show up as free. If you would like to hide the price altogether, you can do this with CSS or via a template customization. RSVPs are typically used for free events, although as you saw when you left out a price for your ticket, you can create free tickets as well.

While adding new form fields to the community submission form to ask organizers the questions you mentioned would involve a heavy code customization, I believe you can get the same effect with the existing functionality…

To allow organizers to sell their tickets on your site or another site, I would recommend instructing users who want to use your site to create their tickets directly on the event, but for users who want to sell tickets externally, you could set up a custom field on the event where they could enter the link/phone number/email they want users to go to to purchase. If you went this route, the organizers could still allow RSVPs on the event so that users could indicate that they intend to attend.

The number of people attending is typically registered by the number of tickets purchased/RSVPs submitted, which lets you control the number of people that can register if you wish to do so. If not, you could also create a custom ticket field where attendees could simply enter the number in their party when buying a ticket/RSVPing.

If you would like to send a simple message to the attendees instead of a ticket, you can do this by customizing the email template. Our themer’s guide has instructions on how to customize our templates, and the file you’ll want can be found at wp-content/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/email.php.

You can require both the event organizers (those actually creating the events on the front end) and attendees to login before being able to submit/register for an event.

There is not currently any built-in functionality to email the organizers when users register, but there are a few ways you could go about getting this set up. This post has some good recommendations!

If you would like to temporarily disable the ability for organizers, you can go under Events > Settings > Tickets and uncheck the Events post type. This will prevent users from being to add tickets to events, and when you are ready, you can simply check it back! In the meantime, you could add a message to the community submission form to let users know that you’re not ready to allow ticket sales yet. This would again require a template customization (wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php).

For a terms and conditions box, there are also a few ways you could go about this, but here are a couple recommendations:

I would also recommend taking a look at the following articles, which have some really good information on how our plugins work and what features/options are available:

New User Primer: Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus

Settings Overview: Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus

Managing Your Orders and Attendees

New User Primer: Community Events

New User Primer: Community Tickets

Configuring Community Tickets

Community Tickets: Configuring PayPal and Split Payments

Community Tickets: Tracking Sales and Getting Paid

I hope that helps clear things up and point you in the right direction on some of the functionality you’re looking for that isn’t currently available out of the box. We would also love it if you could post anything you’d like to see added as a feature over in our Feature Ideas Forum. This is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts.

I know that was a lot of information, so please let me know if you need any further clarification on anything or if I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking for!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Shah
    Participant

Thanks for a detailed and well-researched response. You mentioned, “If you went this route, the organizers could still allow RSVPs on the event so that users could indicate that they intend to attend”.
    I have added an additional field for a link to purchase tickets but don’t understand how they can RSVP without purchasing tickets?. Did you notice that on facebook events you can indicate by clicking on interested?

please do not close this thread since I am working on other issues

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Shah,

I hope you had a great holiday weekend!

If organizers want users to purchase tickets on another site but still indicate that they plan on coming to the event within your site, they can add the link to the custom field you set up and also add RSVP tickets to the event. This will let users indicate that they are coming within your site, but the actual ticket sales will take place on the site that the organizer added the link to. So the RSVPs and ticket purchases would be separate, this is just meant to provide a way for attendance to be indicated in both places.

If you want RSVPs/ticket sales from another site to be automatically indicated on the event within your site (such as when users click “interested” on a Facebook event), this would require a customization. Our themer’s guide is a great place to start when making customizations, and we also have a list of recommended developers that you could contact.

I won’t close out the thread, but threads are closed out automatically after two weeks of inactivity. If this happens, please open up a new thread whenever you’re ready (you can include a reference to this one), and we’ll be happy to help you with any issues you’re still having!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘The community tickets and RSVP’ is closed to new replies.