Ready to get started with Community Events? We’ve got you covered! The steps below will help you get set up and ready to use your calendar’s new add-on features.
If you are new to our core plugin, The Events Calendar, you’ll want to make sure to familiarize yourself with it before continuing here.
1. Download and install the plugin. Don’t forget that all of our paid add-ons require The Events Calendar to be installed and active as well.
2. If you’ve just purchased Community Events, the license key will be automatically added for you. Just in case you don’t have the license activated, see our guide on how to input your license key. The plugin will work without the license key, but you’ll need it for automatic updates when a new version is released. Need updates on both your dev site and your live site? We can do that.
3. Configure your settings. Choose from our many options so that Community Events works just how you want it.
4. Add a link to your event submission page so that users can submit their events.
5. Make sure you know how to manage submitted events so that you’re ready when the events start rolling in.
6. Use shortcodes to embed Community Events in custom locations throughout your site.
Hooray! Community Events is now up and running! You can stop there or further tailor the plugin with the options below.
- Integrate with your site’s theme
- Integrate with Virtual Events to enable virtual event submissions from your community.
- Require specific fields on the event submission form
- Modify the Community Events page titles