Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Excellent – thanks for this info, Greg. This makes sense and gives me something to go back to the team with.

Rob

Here’s a good one that came through from Robert Baker, on our Facebook page: incorporating the ability to add email addresses to the backend when creating an event, so they’re automatically invited to the event upon publication; and then, the ability to register for that event upon receiving the email invite. Not sure what it’d take to implement but this is a nice idea and I do want it logged here in case anyone else would see value in such functionality.

Timothy
    Participant

Hey guys, I would love to have the ability to put little date icons on the post and the upcoming events list sidebar. Sort of like this site does.
    http://gorillathemes.com/demo/nightclubbing/events/
    Any plans on that, or ability to now?
    I have a site like it about events and places to go
    http://www.wheretogointampa.com
    I am hoping to st the dates to pop out like that. I think that makes it very easy for someone to see the day and month itโ€™s happening

Seth
    Participant

I would like a way to add random dates to an event. Many of my dates don’t have any rhyme or reason to how they repeat.

Seth
    Participant

Many of my events*

Seth
    Participant

Currently there is no great way to link to a recurring event. You can link to a specific occurrence, to the series list, or to the base URL which by default goes to the first event of the series.

Maybe there could be an option in the settings:

Base URL for recurring events links to:
    [ ] First event in series
    [x] Next upcoming event in series
    [ ] Series list

That way I could link or tell someone go to http://www.website.com/event/event-name/ and know that it will always take them to the next upcoming event of that series.

A.J.

I believe I’ve seen this request in another thread, but wanted to add it here in the feature requests: a website/URL field for venue. There is currently one for Organizer and I can add custom fields to an event entry, but no way to add this to a venue. I would be satisfied with a website field, but perhaps the best way to accomplish this and meet the future needs of others is to allow custom fields for venues and organizers as well (as they are currently allowed for events). I really enjoy the plugin, but hope this is something that gets incorporated very soon!

Rob

Seth: thanks for the suggestions. On your first, regarding random dates…do you mean just the ability to have fields where you input a date of your choosing, and can add more (similar to how the “Add another” option for custom fields works, on the settings page)? I believe I understood the issue here but want to be sure. I like your idea of having the system know to link to the next event in the series; would be cool if that was something that was controllable on an event-by-event basis. Not sure what it’d take to implement but this gives me something to bring to the team. Thanks.

AJ: Yes! That has been requested and is on the radar for 2.1 or a subsequent release. Thanks for throwing a vote for that feature.

Jason
    Participant

It would be great to be able to list events by Organizer, like you can by Venue. It would also be great if you can somehow link Organizers to a WordPress profiles.

mike

My biggest request would be for a more user friendly interface.

Rob

Jason: good call in re: the frontend organizer view. I can see the value in this and it shouldn’t be too hard to add.

Mike: thanks for the suggestion. Any suggestions regarding what could be changed on the interface to make it more user friendly?

Jason
    Participant

Being able to set Default Start and End times would be great. The current site that I’m working on has 95% of their events at the same start and end times and being able to set that as a default would save a couple of seconds on each entry.

Also along the same lines of saving time for submitting entries, after setting the start date, the end date should automatically change to the same date rather than staying on current date. Even its a multiday event its more useful to have the end date match the start date than the current date.

Rob

Default start/end times is a great suggestion. I believe we’ve got an issue logged for the second point, but if not I will make sure that gets done for 2.1 – I agree that this is a necessity. Thanks for the ideas ๐Ÿ™‚

Seth
    Participant

@Rob, yep just like you said. I was thinking of an “Add another” type of feature for dates.

clearwater
    Participant

I’m not sure there’s enough demand for it, but I would love the option to link ALL recurring events to a single detail page, rather than have it create a unique page for each instance. I have a series of events that occur weekly for the foreseeable future, and it’s quickly adding up to hundreds of entries. It’s cumbersome to sift through in the backend, and also presents duplicate content issues for SEO. For now I’ll probably disallow all the events in my robots.txt file – not optimal, but it works.

Thanks for a great plugin, guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 172 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.