Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Steven Kaufman
    Participant

My request: The ability to have an event recur indefinitely.

Use case: We’re a church, and have Sunday Services (and other events) every week. It would be very weird for people to see that Sunday Services will happen *until* a certain date!

Rob

Hey Robert. Thanks for the thoughts here; these are solid ideas. Can you elaborate on the first point? I’m not sure I understand and am not seeing any overlap on my Organizer list. A screenshot would be awesome πŸ™‚

I can hear you on the additional fields, for sure. We actually pre-launch had a ‘paragraph’ block but killed it because we thought people woud be confused by having two text fields. The fact that there is demand for it means we should probably add it back…

Steph
    Participant

Two things- not sure if they have been requested or not.

1) When on a single event page, there are links at the bottom left and right to go to the previous and next events which is great, but an arrow in either direction, along with the link titles, might be a nice addition for those that are more drawn to graphics than text. A number of folks have mentioned to my team that they are so used to having arrows as visual indicators so just a text link confused them.

2) I’ve noticed that clicking on a “organizer” link in a single event opens that external website in the same page as my website. We have all external links on our site opening in new tabs/pages and I think it would be wonderful for the organizer’s site to do the same.

Juergen Fraundorfer
    Participant

three cool ideas and features for the future πŸ˜‰

1. Sort Events by
    * Province
    * State
    in a Dropdown Menu

2. Zip Code Drop-Down MenΓΌ
    sort all Events with Zip-Code
    1x
    2x
    3x

3. Event Newsletter
    People can subscribe Events and get them per mail … like all Events in Florida or all Events in Townhall / New York

thx for this great plugin – love it

javier
    Participant

– To expire events: delete it or event becomes a historic content.
    – Calendar templates and styles!!!
    Regards!

Rob

Steph, Juergen, Javier: thanks for the thoughts so far. Most of these have been mentioned at one point or another, so your vote just strengthened their position; a couple of others (like the newsletter) are definitely neat.

Organizers will probably be getting their own frontend page eventually so their link will behave more like a frontend venue. But I can see the need to have those organizer links within that sub-page behave as Steph noted.

Jim McClain
    Participant

As has already been mentioned, sometimes the venue is the same as the organizer. I was thinking it might be a good idea to have a check box to indicate the organizer is the same as the venue and the system would automatically populate the relevant fields. Sorta like shopping sites that have that box to indicate the shipping address is the same as the billing address. One click and done with that part.

Often enough, the title of the event is the same, when events are repeated, but not able to fit into the recurrence options available. I’d like to see the system “remember” as I type.

Speaking of recurrences, I would like to see more options here. I have events that recur every other Wednesday, or every second Friday, or the first and third Monday of every month. I would like to see the kinds of options available that are similar to those you find using Outlook.

For those events that just won’t fit, I’d like to see a “clone” button that will repeat all the data for the event and allow me to make some changes and save it as a new event.

I’m also concerned about duplicate content and like the idea someone came up with about linking all duplicate events to a single entry.

These are just a few I’ve thought of since I began using The Events Calendar 2 weeks ago. These might have been mentioned already. Consider my suggestions just one more vote. It’s the best events script available, in my opinion, but I’m sure you will agree, it can always be better.

Thank you,

Jim

Rob

Thanks for the note here, Jim – the idea to have venue information duplicate into organizers with a checkbox (consistent with most online orders I too have placed) is a great one. Thanks for the suggestion there.

Advanced recurrence patterns are definitely on the docket. We probably won’t have those ready for primetime until 2.1 is launched later this summer, but we have gotten a lot of feedback from the community on this and it sounds like this is one of the most-needed features out there at the moment.

A “clone” button is an interesting one; so, just the option to duplicate given events and use that duplicate as the basis for a new event?

Linking all events to a single entry has been discussed…but given how we’ve architected the plugin so far it may not be possible to modify recurrence to that degree. A few users have brought it up, though, so it something we’re discussing as a team.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, and your ideas for helping make a better product. We would not be able to keep this plugin going without ideas from users like yourself…and we appreciate every idea that comes across. Thanks again.

Jim McClain
    Participant

Rob asked, “A β€œclone” button is an interesting one; so, just the option to duplicate given events and use that duplicate as the basis for a new event?”

Yes, but pardon me for using the term “clone.” I saw that term on a couple other event type plugins and I certainly don’t mean to copy the terminology or the technology. But duplicate the event so that it isn’t necessary to completely produce a new event when much of the data, including categories and meta data are the same.

That might also appease some who are concerned about duplicate content issues. An event can be duplicated with a single click and then the content can be edited some to prevent duplicate content. Or, for those who don’t worry about duplicate content, an event from last year (or whenever) can be brought to the editor, then duplicated, changing only the dates, time or any other meta data that was necessary.

Something else I thought of on my way to Reno today: tags. WordPress already has a tag system, or you could create a TEC tag feature specific to the plugin. This adds even more ways to narrow a search. The way it is now, it seems like the category list could get rather unwieldy.

Just some thoughts.

Jim

Joshua

Rob,

I’m not sure if any of these requests have been made or not, but here what I think would make the Pro Calendar even more amazing than it is!….

1. Have an option in the “Settings” (or wherever) for the backend user (such as myself) to select enabling auto-deletion of expired posts. The reason I suggest this is because I’m using the calendar for a church, and I have reoccurring events for the next year (such as Youth Group) and it adds all the events individually for the next year to the Events list… which is fine. But it seems to get a bit messy when trying to manage the events. It would make it easier to manage if there was an option to allow the old events to automatically delete.

2. Speaking of Reoccurring events from 1… would it be possible to add an option to not have the reoccurring events list every event individually? I’m not sure if that makes sense or not.. but it floods my backend events page and makes it harder to try and find what I’m looking for… even though I know there is a “search” and a “filter”…

3. Is is possible to add an option for reoccurring events so that it “never ends”??

So, those are my ideas! Thanks!

Joshua

steve

Recurring events –
    I would like to be able to have recurring events that have different times.

For example, a theater may have a run of three shows. Thursday at 8, Friday at 8, and Saturday at 3. This is pretty common practice, so it’d be really nice if it could be supported.

I think Eventbrite’s multi-date selection functionality works really well (from a usability perspective), so something along those lines would be prime.

I use the Eventbrite plugin, which has additional complications with this. But the first part is adding start/stop times for each date, rather than just setting it once.

Thanks.

Irene
    Participant

Desperately need the sidebar widget view of the calendar to be able to be set for a specific month. I hired developers to write some code to make that happen, but of course it gets tanked every time the plugin is updated. It would be fabulous if when you brought the widget in, there was a dropdown to specify the month and year. Thanks.

Bob
    Participant

1. Add a vote for indefinite recurring events.
    2. Easier deletion of a single instance of a recurring event.
    3. Specifying certain event categories to include or exclude in the Calendar widget. I just started looking into customizing a widget to do this myself, but since it’s all new to me, it’s going to be painful πŸ™‚

Robert
    Participant

I’m with Steve. There is a great need to have custom dates because I also have event dates that are not sequential. They could be 3 some week, 2 another week and multiple times (Monday and Wednesday @ 10am / Friday and Saturday @ 8pm). Currently we have employees entering the events into Eventbrite and it works very well in this case. Is there a chance to have something like Eventbrite’s? Would be huge for us and the thousands of events we need to manage.

Torstein
    Participant

A couple of requests here, and one crude solution:

1: Show the monetary unit behind the price – or not if the event is free. I made a simple solution for this, crude (as my php skills…) but it works (twice as crude since I have a WPML-integration as well…) :

kr

kr

As I said – crude, but it works. A better solution would of course be to let the user set a monetary unit in the settings πŸ™‚

The second request:
    WPML-integration… please… I realize that is really their job, not yours, but could you talk to those guys and see if you could cooperate to make a wpml+ECP-plugin, similar to what they have for marketpress, woocommerce, gravity forms +++? I think they have gotten quite a few requests for this as well, so if you could just give them a very very soft kick in their rear end and give them some support on it, you would probably both profit from it πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 172 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.