Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Julien
    Participant

– possibility to view past events with a list view and not the grid view

Nick

Hi guys,

I run a few private events – that are distributed by URL only. The ‘hide from list’ feature is great – but I need a ‘hide from calendar’ option also – so the events are invisible to the causal browser – but visible to those I send the URL to.

Hope it makes the list!

Rob

Julien, you should already be able to view past events by toggling back in list view (using the link that appears at the bottom of the page). Are you looking for something different?

Nick: that’s a good suggestion. I think we’d initially intended for something along those lines but put it on the backburner. Let me check.

Julien
    Participant

I should say : possibility to view DATED past events with a list view (tld.com/events/2011-10 -> currently only grid view)

Rob

Ah, gotcha. That’s a good suggestion. Thanks for clarifying 🙂 Something like that shouldn’t be too hard to implement.

Bill
    Participant

Ability to toggle order of upcoming events to present day instead of just far future. I have a lot of monthly meetings set thru 2013 and it takes too much time to scroll and page to current date to check on something. Only alternative is to do search which doesn’t always work well or to go to actual calendar and select date and event and then edit. So a fix that allows admins to set appearance of stored upcoming events in one step would be helpful.

Rob

Thanks for the note, Bill. So you’re saying: the ability to determine when “list” view starts? Would what you’re envisioning be acceptable as a widget?

Joe

Infinitely recurring events. Things like “every Wednesday” or “the second Tuesday of every month” without having to enter an ending date. Many of the events I need to enter are along these lines.

Joe

Also, in the mini calendar widget, little navigation arrows that would let you see the adjacent (before and after) months without loading a new page. Please!

Dokuchie Rob
    Participant

Can someone please unsubscribe me from this thread?

It’s driving me nut!

Nick

@Joe – we have already had our developers build this – see http://mccyclery.com.au/event/mcbff-ride/2011-11-29 (the calendar widget on the RHS has small AJAX arrows ready to go). Happy to share the code if it helps.

Also – re: more advanced recurring events (ie. first Tuesday of the month), 100% agree – and need it quickly!

Lastly – @Rob, any news on my little suggestion re: hiding events from the calendar view as well as the list view? You were going to check how far down the list it was.

Nick

Rona

@Nick, I would love to have that code, if a mostly non-techie can figure out where to drop it in and make it work. On November 30, I realized I could not show the widget coolness to a client because their event would not show up there until the next month, available only by “View All.” Will you need an email address, if sharing is going to happen?

Rob

@Joe: The infinite recurring events is a good idea. We’ve had a few folks request that. As for the widget, we intentionally developed that as a super bare-bones way of just displaying this month’s current events…but have plans to ultimately build that out to include toggling forward/backwards like in regular grid view. No guarantees on when that’s going to happen though.

@Rob: Sorry man, I think only you can unsubscribe yourself from follow-up emails by unchecking the “Notify me…” box when posting a response.

@Nick: Thanks for sharing re: the widget. If you would be willing to share the code, we’d be happy to work this in sooner rather than later. On the hide from calendar view – I’m seeing that on the radar for 2.1, so it will likely be sometime during the 2.1 lifecycle but probably not in the 2.0.x releases anywhere. I’ll let you know if that changes.

Thanks again, all! Keep the suggestions coming.

Andy Fragen

Any way to add an alert to an ical subscription for a specific event or a specific recurring event?

Rob

Hey Andy. The most we’ve got at this point is the ability to add an event to iCal; if you wanted to add an alert it could probably be done, but I think the user would have to configure that on the iCal side. This is a good feature idea though, so let me see what it’d take to implement.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 172 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.