Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    myriam
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to have a “print to PDF” option, for all yearly or monthly events.

Next would be the possibility to filter the events per category.

On the admin interface, it would be nice if we could assign css class dynamically to a category. Currently, whenever a category is added, the css has to be hardcoded with the category name.

Thanks!

Andy Fragen

@Rob, In iCal you can’t set an alert for a subscribed calendar. The alert has to exist within the subscribed .ics file. At least this is how I see it on iOS.

Bill
    Participant

Theree has been some discussion about export to iCal. My question is if there is a way to import an iCal Calendar like the 2012 Steeler schedule that I imported to my own iCal. That way I can just add ical feed from various non-profits as they are posted.

Rob

Myriam: We do have something along the lines of your “Print” suggestion in the works. No guarantees it’ll make it to 2.1 but it is on the radar. Filtering events per category has been requested a lot so that probably will be fit into 2.1; either way, it’s certainly on the list. Assigning CSS to a category dynamically is a good idea but would probably be somewhat complex to implement & make foolproof on the frontend. Since we have the hardcode option I think that’s what we’ll stick with for the time being. Depends how many people request something like this.

Andy: when I tested this on my Mac a minute ago, it worked: http://cl.ly/3P2q142t1k3Q0G1q1i1F. The alarm option was available for imported events just as it was locally created ones. Or have I misunderstood the request here?

Bill: We have been kicking something like that around the idea bin; we decided to first focus on a CSV importer, which we’ve finished and are currently beta testing. Importing from something like iCal may be added down the road but it’s a significantly greater effort so won’t be anytime in the immediate future.

Andy Fragen

@Rob – if you subscribe to the calendar (webcal://troop262ps.org/events/ical/) you cannot set an alarm for a specific event. As the calendar changes it’s easier for me to subscribe to it rather than import each event of the calendar as a whole. Otherwise I’d be constantly updating and reimporting, etc.

If there was a way for ECP to add a notification alert when writing out the ics file then I think it would work as I’m imagining. There would also end up being a setting on each event whether to notify or not and how much time before the event to notify. Some default at 15 min prior to the event would be a nice start.

Rob

Thanks Andy; I understand the issue now. You’re the first to request this but I do think it’s a nice idea…adding it to the list for discussion accordingly. No guarantees when and if it’ll make it, but once we’ve nailed down the 2.1 (and subsequent) feature set(s), we’ll post them here for review.

Mike
    Participant

I’d really like to be able to integrate the Event Categories with my regular Post Categories so that when I list all the posts in a particular category it would include any relevant calendar entries. Or is this already possible and I’m missing something.

Rob

Hey Mike: not currently (without some hackery), but given the amount of feedback we’ve had along the lines of what you reported we’re planning on working this in for 2.1. So you’ll have relief shortly!

Seth
    Participant

Hoping to get this bumped up in the list. I’m in need of using the function tribe_get_start_date() for reoccurring events using a post ID. I see in the comments above the function that it is already known and planned.

Also a reoccurring() function might be nice too.

Seth
    Participant

is_reoccuring() *

Rob

Thanks for the suggestion, Seth. I know that tribe_get_start_date() for recurring is in the works, but not sure about your second suggestion…it’s probably worth working in too, though. Let me review this with the team when we next meet to discuss 2.1 releases and we can get it in the system from there (assuming there are no conflicts or reasons not to). Most appreciated!

Seth
    Participant

Thanks, keep up the good work!

Rob

Thank YOU. Keep the suggestions coming 🙂

Terrance

It will be great to be able to pull in Public Holiday RSS feed into the calendar.

Adam
    Participant

I would like there to be an easy way to specify the zoom level of the embedded google map(s). On a per-map basis would be best but a global option would be better than nothing.

Right now, it looks like it’s hard-coded to display at zoom level “8” but that’s too far zoomed out to be useful on the site I’m working on.

Ideally you’d implement this as an optional input field on a per event basis, with the ability to set a “default google maps zoom level” under “customize defaults” on the events calendar settings page…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 172 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.