Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Robert

I vote for adding an organizer page much like the venues page. So when a user clicks on the organizer it brings them to a page with their information and upcoming events.

Rob

Heck yeah, Robert – thanks for the vote. That is definitely on the roadmap 🙂

leviticus
    Participant

I have a lot of venues and organizers that have the same (or very similar) names. In the event edit screen, it is difficult to tell them apart in the venue and organizer drop down selectors. It would be very helpful to see the city/state along with the venue and organizer name either in the drop down or have the location information appear after a venue/organizer is selected so I can be sure I’ve selected the correct one.

Christina
    Participant

Another +1 and a pretty please for
    1. Import other calendars (ical feed?)
    2. Filtering (ala http://demo.theseedstudio.com/)

Pack

More robust RSS feeds for Events.

I run the site for an organization that publishes our events to our web calendar. I personally like to pull the RSS feed of events into my smart phone. I can then enable alerts and notifications for events. It would be nice if other users from our site could as well.

The big problem is that as discussed in this thread:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/enabling-private-events/
    Private events are hidden from everyone even admins when looking at the calendar or events list.

I used the work around in the thread for allowing logged in users to see Private events, but they are still left out of the RSS feed.
    The RSS feed with the private events would need to be hidden from the public (published only in the dashboard) but would still be great to have.

Pack

Another request would be for notifications\alerts.

The system we are migrating away from allows us to send notifications to users of upcoming events. Without having to add every event to mailchimp or eventbrite, it would be nice to select users or roles in the event to send reminders to, like 3 days out of an event send an email to everyone that the event is coming up. Multiple reminders would be great. 5 days out, 3 days out, the day before, two hours before, etc.

Henry

Hi guys

I am aware that you’re building venue and organiser templates into 2.1. Although this feature is great for me with reference to venues, I do not necessarily want to have a webpage for all of my organisers.

It would be great if you build in the option to turn off venue or organiser pages. This way users could just choose if they want to have them or not.

Cheers

Tineke
    Participant

+1 for filtering , but not just by category, also by country would be really nice

Robert

I think an absolute must is being able to show a Google map with all of the events on one map. and maybe a separate map that has a single Google map for all of the venue locations as well. I am following a post in the forums but having no luck. Please, please, please add this feature! It would also be cool if you added in the Geo map location pop up the information and details of event or venue.

erica

Hi Everyone,
    I’d love it if the Events Advanced Widget could show more then 10 events out. I’d like to be able to show at least 15 if not a whole month. Thanks so much!

Chris
    Participant

CSV based importer for bulk creation. I was very surprised when this wasn’t part of the PRO after I purchased it.

Carlos
    Participant

Things I’d like to see:
    – social media buttons for venues and organizers viewable in the single event page

-“I’m attending” sidebar widget with gravitar integration

– dropdown filter widget for event categories, venue, organize, and city

-and I’d second the google map with all events! add it alongside the Event List & Calendar buttons.

Darren
    Participant

I’d like to set a default start and end time just like you can with Venue. It would make entering info so much faster for me.

Rob

Hey folks. There has been a lot mentioned here since I last checked, and all are good ideas that we now have on record. Thanks to everybody. To make note of a few specific items that I saw mentioned…

* More robust RSS feeds have been requested quite a bit so are probably sooner on the radar than some other features.
    * Importing will first arrive in the form of a CSV-based importer (currently beta testing for anyone interested), with other methods possibly to follow thereafter. There’s also a Facebook Sync plugin that a user built (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sync-facebook-events/) which should help if you’re looking to integrate more with FB.
    * Notifications are going to be a feature of the Community Events add-on (included in 1.0), and I suspect the code could eventually be ported over to the core plugin as well.
    * Tons of requests have been coming in for integration with some sort of element that shows all events on a single map. I agree that this would be really cool. Henry, who has posted above, has provided some helpful suggestions on how to hack this yourself in other threads. We used to maintain a geo-tagger plugin that has since been abandoned, but the team and I have all discussed bringing that back to live so it can integrate with the calendar. No promises but I’m going to push to see this happen since I agree in the value.
    * The idea of a default start/end time surprisingly hasn’t come up much yet, but that would definitely ease event creation. Thanks for the suggestion Darren.

Keep the ideas coming, guys. We appreciate all of you and your suggestions more than we can say, and it’s feedback like this that helps keep the plugin competitive. And keeps us doing it from day to day. Thanks again!

Robert
    Participant

Less of a Pro request but improvements to the current plugin.
    1) The list of Organizers in the drop down overlap (the text) when more than 1 line. A line spacing issue – very minor but needs a clean up.
    2) When adding addition fields there needs to be a larger text box for the “text” option. On the event editor page, it can be a little frustrating to write a couple of text in a custom field into a short 150px wide textbox. An option for “paragraph” or “long text” would be nice. Come to think of it, the cost box is also too short. The reason is, a lot of the cost info isn’t just a set price but also conditions attached e.g 25 dollars on the door, but 20 if you buy in advance etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 172 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.