Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Viewing 7 posts - 166 through 172 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Torstein
    Participant

uh… I cant post code? and not edit my own post?

Frank
    Participant

How about a countdown timer? A timer that is ticking down as we approach a given event? Counting the days, hours, minutes, and seconds! This would be an awesome widget.

Tom
    Participant

Feature suggestion: Many of our recurring events do not fit a standard “recurrence”, but the details are the same for each successive event in the series. Currently we have to enter each event individually. It would be very helpful if we could bring up an existing entry and simply copy it to a new date.

Timothy
    Participant

When creating a new Venue, currently you can add address & phone number. It would be wonderful if there were also a website URL field for venues. Most venues have websites and it would be useful to my readers to display their URL along with address & phone.

Will
    Participant

The upcoming events widget is great for what we’re doing right now. I would really love to be able to run it horizontally though. I saw a couple of threads that brought up the same issue and just wanted to +1 it. Thanks!

Grant Bivens
    Participant

+1 to Timothy’s suggestion of a URL field for venues (July 14, 2012)

Also I might like to suggest that we have the ability to either rename the .ics files or have it set with the blog’s name. Currently the .ics file is hard-coded to download as “iCal-TriveEvents.ics” which might confuse some users. Either making that “-Events.ics” or adding a field in the settings for the plugin to be able to put in whatever name we wanted would be most excellent. As of writing I’m using ECP 2.0.7.

Rob

Wow, it has been quite a while since I checked this thread last. These are all solid suggestions guys – while I won’t address each of them individually here, what wasn’t already logged in our projects system based on the ideas these past few months should pretty much all be in now. Obviously we won’t be able to do all of these things – but we hear your voices and will do our best to craft the plugin based on what the community needs. Thanks to each of you for helping us define that.

Since we’ve got a lot of great ideas in here, and since this discussion is pretty full of ideas that it’d take us years to execute in full, I’m going to make an executive decision and close this thread out for now. Our next major push (outside the monthly maintenance releases) is 2.1. Once we’ve got our intended feature set pretty well defined for that build, I’ll post a sticky thread here on the forum noting what we’re planning and allowing you guys to have a say in what’s most important to you. Stay tuned.

Viewing 7 posts - 166 through 172 (of 172 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.