Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Hey folks. We’ve had some users requesting a location where they could add feature requests they think would be make a future build of Events Calendar PRO more valuable. No guarantees that all of these will make the cut, but if you add an item to this list it guarantees it’ll be added to our list of items for discussion as we plan the next 2.x release. Fire away!

Bob
    Participant

The Organizers list currently identifies the contact info (name, email, phone, website) for each Organizer. In some sites, the Organizers are the same people as the Staff for an organization. Often, a staff page includes a description for each staff person, for example: text bio, video bio, audio bio, and photo (or photo album) of the person

Therefore, this a feature request for the Organizer to include an additional Description field that is a big white text block like a Page has, where one could include bio-text, bio-photos, bio-video, bio-audio etc. describing the Organizer. The text block would give site Editors or Authors the most flexibility – where they could use Edit Page interface to bring in video, audio, photos from libraries used by other plugins (e.g., WordTube, NextGenGallery (NGG) in addition to the WP standard Media Library).

Then, I would want to display the Organizers in my Staff page for the organization – using perhaps a Shortcode that would display the organizers in a table format, where both which fields and the order in which fields (table columns) are displayed are specified in the Shortcode, including Name, Email, Phone, Description.

The Organizers table (List) would need to be able to be formatted/styled using different options: custom CSS, inheriting the theme’s CSS for a table (if there is such a thing) or use Events-Calendar-defined-Organizer-List-CSS.

Benefit: You don’t have to repeat the contact info (that is already in the Organizer entry) within the Staff page that you already have on the site.

Rob

Thanks Bob. Logged per our email exchange 🙂

Nick Ciske
    Participant

Bob, if you could link an organizer to a WP User and use the built in user profile fields (and/or one of the many plugins available to extend a user’s profile like CIMY Extra Fields) would that accomplish what you’re looking for?

Bob
    Participant

NickC. Yes. I think that could work. I was unaware that plugins existed that extend a user’s profile with extra fields. I briefly tried out CIMY Extra Fields, but so far, see no linkage with NextGenGallery there (to select NGG photos), like a standard WP Page or Post has in the horizontal menu bar for the text block. I need to find other plugins, perhaps, that integrate a text box with NGG, WordTube, WP Media Library; in the User’s profile. Then, I need to find a plugin which will display selected User info on a WP Page.

Nick Ciske
    Participant

The button you see in the menubar on posts/pages is added by NGG. CIMY has a rich text field, but I don’t believe it would ‘inherit’ the extra buttons that a page/post has.

My guess is NGG just inserts a shortcode, which could be entered into any text field (that has shortcodes enabled) but you’d lose the pop-up NGG provides (unless it could be added to the CIMY rich text box — not sure if this can be done via a filter/hook or not).

These things generally fall into the realm of a developer building you a custom theme – (e.g. gluing the functionality of several plugins together) – not ‘out of the box’ plugin functionality.

That’s not a decision — just some context.

Ofer

Rob, we talked via email but thought it would be good to add it here too.

1. Ability to add reoccurring custom date events. I sent you a screencast of eventbride process
    2. Ability to customize the layout of the event page. Not much but let utilize spaces and remember that most screens are wide, not tall. If you can allow us to avoid scroll down for primary content that would be great.

Ofer

Rob and team, please watch this movie for another feature request (bug?)
    http://screencast.com/t/G0dQZOZViJoc

Dokuchie Rob
    Participant

I’d like more conditional template tags – one of them specifically being ‘is_grid_view’.

Also in the documentation for each of the template tags, I’d like actual examples of how to use each.

Rob

Thanks for the suggestions, Rob. The is_grid_view suggestion is a solid one that I could see adding value. As for the updated documentation…definitely, we’re working through that now and should have the entries updated to reflect that over the next week or two.

Christina
    Participant

My dream request would be a way to preview my reocurring event setting before I publish. I wish there was a way to check my setting visually before I click publish

Rob

That’s an interesting question, Christina – when you say preview, do you mean just to see what the recurrence pattern meta details (within the broader event box) or something more?

Christina
    Participant

Yes, I mean a way to see the recurrence pattern is visually. Even with your video tutorials and documentation, I’ve had a difficult time explaining to my clients how to set custom recurrences. Several times mistakes have been made and I’ve found clean up to be difficult. I think if they had a visual reference, it would help. I’ll leave the implementation up to you, but I’d envision something like this:
    http://www.iostudio.net/ECP_preview.jpg

Rob

Cool! Very slick. I could see something like this being very helpful. Adding it to the 2.1 pile now – thanks Christina!

Mathieu
    Participant

Hi !
    Maybe a function that could list the nearest events or venues could be really useful and probably not hard to implement.
    I’m currently working on it, but if it’s in your list, i will wait a little longer 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 172 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.