Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    S.
    Participant

What I’d like to see in the next update:

No. 1—An option to put “Until” as the ending time for an event, or, alternatively, just to leave the ending time blank. I have a lot of reader-submitted events that only list a starting time. I have to choose whether to make up an ending time or categorize it as “all day” and let people read the start time in the event description.

No.2—I’d like an easy way to customize the output on the event listing. I don’t need the state, country and zip codes showing in the venue address. I’ve tried to fiddle around with the php but have been unsuccessful. I realize the state and zip are needed to generate the Google map but it’s necessary to output it for our readers, especially with the map underneath it.

No.3—I second the suggestions on previewing recurring events (I’ve got it figured out but not so sure of our new interns, who will be inputting events soon) and setting the zoom level on a per-map basis. I’ve changed the hard code to “12” which works pretty well, but it would be nice to have the option.

Other than those nit-picky things, the plugin has been doing quite nicely.

S.
    Participant

I forgot to add that I’d like to be able to assign the calendar view to a template with no sidebar, and the list view and individual events to my default template with sidebar.

Rob

Terrance: that’s definitely a solid idea. If nothing else, offer the ability to plugin custom event-based RSS feeds like that.

Adam: This is in the works for (probably, no guarantees) 2.1 — if not then, it’ll come shortly thereafter. From the looks of things it’ll be global to start, but this is on our radar.

S: #1 is something we’ve had difficulty implementing but can re-evaluate. Not sure what you meant re: #2, though; any chance you can elaborate? On #3 – we’re discussing this now.

A few people have brought up the no sidebar item. Let me see what can be done on that for the 2.1 release.

S.
    Participant

Rob, before clarifying No. 2 I’m going to add No. 4–an option to choose “Same as Venue” under “Organizer.” For the majority of the events (public community-type events) the venue and the organizer are the same entity.

Re: No. 2: At the top of a single event listing there is the event, venue, organizer, category and address. The address lists all of the info entered into the venue details when the event was created. For example, I have: “Venue: Covington Farmers Market. Address: 609 N. Columbia Street, Covington, LA, 70433, United States”

I would rather just the “609 N. Columbia Street, Covington” be displayed and not “LA, 70433, United States.”

I’m sure it’s an easy fix somewhere in the code, but I was suggesting an option for choosing which fields would be displayed in the event on the website.

Seth
    Participant

A way to link to the next upcoming event in a series would be nice. That way if someone ends up viewing an event that has passed you could link them to the next one.

“This event has passed. The next upcoming date for this event is March 1, 2012.”

Rob

S: Thanks for the follow-up. For your #4, you’re just saying you’d have it repeat the venue details twice? Couldn’t you accomplish the same thing by just not using an organizer? Or would you have different details about that same entity in each section…

For #2, I understand what you’re saying now. Thanks for clarifying – that makes sense and I agree it wouldn’t be too hard to implement. Thanks for the suggestion.

Seth: I like your suggestion. Sort of like what you did on the site you’ve been building, right?

Seth
    Participant

Yep similar, with the addition of linking to the next upcoming event.

Bill
    Participant

remove

Rob

Bill: remove what, exactly?

Rob

Bill: remove what, exactly?

Greg
    Participant

Hi Rob, is there a way to share the “venue” taxonomy with other custom post types already in use on a site? For example, I created a “photo galleries” custom post type and would love to be able to use the “venues” taxonomy so that I could have a relationship between the two kinds of posts. That way, I can have a loop of relevant photo galleries associated with the venue on each venue page.

Jason
    Participant

It would be great if we could add Holidays to the calendar. Where there are no Venue or Organizer. Even if it were just non linked text in the Calendar View only.

Greg
    Participant

I second the “holidays” feature request. In order for the band site I’m working on to have days on the calendar listed as “vacation” I had to create a category called “vacation” and then code an if/else statement into the calendar grid to be like “if in vacation category display the non-linkable word ‘vacation'” else show the normal listing info with venue, city, state, etc. info. Also, I had to do something similar for “Private Party” entries. It would be nice if you could choose what information to show/hide based on the type of event (maybe on a category by category basis). The band I did the site for wanted private party entries to show as the words “Private Party, City, State” and NOT have a link to a single entry page for the event. I had to hard code all of that with if/else statements.

Rob

Hey guys, thanks for the notes. Greg, to address your first point: this is a good question. I don’t believe it’s currently possible (going to check with the team to be sure), but I can definitely see the value. Let’s check as to what it’d take to implement.

The holiday calendar you guys are noting has been requested by a few folks so far. No guarantees as to when/if this will be included, but judging by the number of requests we’ve had for it I’d be surprised if this didn’t make it into a future release.

Greg
    Participant

If we had access to the register info of the “venue” taxonomy we could just add into an array:

register_taxonomy(
    ‘movie_name’,
    array( ‘reviews’,’news’ ),
    array( ‘hierarchical’ => false,
    ‘label’ => __(‘Actors’, ‘series’),
    ‘query_var’ => ‘actor’,
    ‘rewrite’ => array( ‘slug’ => ‘actors’ )
    )
    );

But, obviously it’s a little more complicated as that with how you have the plugin set up… we would need to override your settings (which is probably a dangerous thing to make available to most people because it could render the events plugin useless if someone’s settings were incorrect) OR you’d have to build that array into the admin area settings for the plugin… like having a text input field for us to add in our own custom post type names. Then the events calendar code would then pull in the data from that field into the array.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 172 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.