Hey there! We are excited to announce that we just shipped a maintenance release for The Events Calendar, Eventbrite Tickets, and Community Events! This release features an updated “Compact Date Format” and support for Promoter to help avoid plugin conflicts. We’re also refining the design of Community Events on the front end.
Before we jump into the changelogs, it’s worth mentioning that this round of updates is a Maintenance Release. In other words, this is a smaller update between major updates and is mostly comprised of bug fixes, tweaks, and small but meaningful improvements. It should be safe to update without breaking changes, but we always suggest backing up your site as you would with any WordPress update.
Now onto the changelogs!
- The Events Calendar 4.9.10
- Eventbrite Tickets 4.6.3
- Community Events 126.96.36.199
- Not Updated This Release
The Events Calendar 4.9.10
- Tweak – You may have heard that we’re overhauling the look of our calendar and each View type. In this release, we made some adjustments aimed at providing a solid base for forthcoming features in Events Calendar PRO and other optional add-ons. You may not notice any changes yet, but it will ensure things are working when we launch our big redesign. We added the tribe_sanitize_deep function to clean and validate input values. This will help maps load with a valid Google Maps API key.
- Tweak – As part of the upcoming redesign, we’ve added the ability to use the tribe_sanitize_deep function to sanitize the values returned by the tribe_get_request_var function.
- Tweak – We have renamed the setting “Datepicker Date Format” to “Compact Date Format.”
- Tweak We have adjusted Promoter’s loading order to increase compatibility with other plugins.
- Tweak We added support to verify a Promoter account using an HTTP authorization header.
- Hooks – https://docs.theeventscalendar.com/reference/since/the.events.calendar4.9.10/
- Hooks in Tribe Common – https://docs.theeventscalendar.com/reference/since/tribe.common4.9.20/
- Language – 2 new strings added, 25 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 1 obsoleted
- Language in Tribe Common – 2 new strings added, 21 updated, 1 fuzzied, and 2 obsoleted
Eventbrite Tickets 4.6.3
- Fix – We fixed the notifications for any dependent plugins when one is disabled.
- Language – 0 new strings added, 2 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 0 obsoleted
Community Events 188.8.131.52
- Fix – We resolved a problem with CSS styles missing from the ZIP package of the last release. Your Community Event pages should look awesome once again!
Not Updated This Release
The following plugins have not been updated this release and will remain at the version numbers specified here: