Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Timothy
    Participant

And what I mean by that is can I import into The calender, not export to Outlook. But I want to import my events from say facebook into this calendar.

Rob

Not yet, Timothy – but that’s a solid suggestion and an idea we’ve been kicking around for a while (technical limitations and timetables have been the biggest obstacle thus far). That being said we’ve had a number of requests for this since 2.0 came out so I suspect we’ll be working it in eventually.

Marc
    Participant

* As suggested before, I’d like to see the option to have recurring events combined on one event post, rather than 10s or 100s of separate event posts.

* It would be good if the combined recurring events on one event post could still have different venues or different starting times (night performance vs. matinee performance; or performance on 01/01 is at location A and performance on 01/05 is at location B).

* End time optional and left blank if not selected.

Seppe

+1 vote for having the option to select which calendar categories you would like to view. Would be nice if this could be with a checklist, that it’s possible to select more then one. (dropdown menu would be limited to just viewing one, so having the option to select the categories you would like to view seems more ideal).

I’m using this plugin for some websites and this feature is wanted for all of them. Would be a great add to this plugin.

Rob

Marc, Seppe: Thanks for the feedback. This is great stuff and is helping shape the future of the plugin. You guys have both given solid suggestions and we appreciate you taking the time to do so. Cheers!

Hi Rob! I have been using Pro on this site (http://greatmaineoutdoorweekend.org) in conjunction with Simple Map. Would be a really cool “pro” feature to include a map overview functionality with Events Calendar. Currently, we’re just exporting venues every couple of days, manipulating the data as needed & importing it into Simple Map’s locations, so not that huge of a deal, but would be great if it just happened on its own.

Robert

A request that I have is to allow multiple organizers. I am running a site that is extremely event heavy and I have a need to allow multiple organizers.

Robert
    Participant

I have a suggestion for the maps functionality.
    Sometimes when I enter an address, the exact shop or venue location can be off be say 100ms, sometimes a block or two. I use another plugin called “map-press” for inserting google maps and one feature they have is the ability to drag the red pointer to pinpoint the actual building. It’s a very cool and extremely useful bit of functionality.

Julien
    Participant

Template single-venue.php lists upcoming events.
    Why doesn’t it show past events ? Like category pages.
    I think it could be really appreciate.

Adam
    Participant

I love this little plugin. So worth the money!

Idea 1:
    I’d like to see more design things in the admin settings. I find myself constantly adjusting the width of the events list for various themes. It seems like you could make that happen. Also, setting the background colors for various elements would be rad, colors of those buttons would fit the same way.

Idea 2:
    When you set up a category, it’d be great to pick a category color for the calendar.

Jen
    Participant

I would dearly love if exceptions to recurring events would still display in the “See All” list alongside the other occurrences. For instance, I have a recurring class where I’d like to post the readings and study guides in the descriptions, but still be able to display all of the sessions in the same list.

Also, I second Marc’s request to have the end times be optional and left blank if not selected.

Rob

Kristel/Robert: The map item is definitely in our broader plans. Not sure how quickly we’ll be integrating it, but we used to maintain a WP Geo Tagger PRO plugin that has since been outdated…but the eventual idea is to bring that back, build it up and then make it integrate with the calendar. Unfortunately no idea as to timetable on that at this point though.

Julien: The idea with the venue page is that we don’t want it to show past events as they could start to clutter it up. Let me know if you feel differently, but the idea is to show people what’s coming up at a venue. Do you think your users would benefit from the other way around? Let me know and I’ll kick it around with the team.

Adam: Thanks for the words man. I definitely agree on the flexibility you’re requesting re: idea 1, and I’m hoping the new templating approach we introduce in 2.1 will work well in achieving that. Colored categories are a solid feature. We prepared that tutorial on how to do it a while back which generated a solid response, and if there is enough demand here it could certainly be worked into the code at some point as well.

Jen: For your first request, you’re saying just to have an event that’s technically broken out of the pattern still appear in the broader pattern if somebody elects to view the entire recurrence…right? Just want to make sure 🙂

Arthur
    Participant

@Nick from http://mccyclery.com.au/(December 1, 2011)
    Could please share the code you’ve used to add the AJAX functionality to the mini-calendar – would be really really helpful! Thanks

Lynne

Option to display one week only in the calendar view.

Rob

Lynne: thanks for the vote. We’ve got an open issue for this so it’ll be included somewhere in the 2.1 lifecycle (though when has yet to be determined). Keep the ideas coming!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 172 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar PRO Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.