Hey friends, it’s release time! The Events Calendar 5.1.4 has shipped and features updates to the Event Aggregator Service, as well as improvements to the user experience on a fresh install.
This is a minor release that should be smooth sailing when updating. That said, it’s always a good idea to backup your site and test changes in a development environment before installing this on your live site, as you would with any other WordPress update.
Here are the detailed changes included in this release:
- Tweak – We have improved the fresh install experience by setting the default template to the Default Events Template upon install.
- Tweak – We have created a new method with Event Aggregator that allows the event to be marked complete on the Event Aggregator server. This allows sending content updates back to sources, such as Eventbrite and Meetup.
- Tweak – We added a new tribe_aggregator_service_put_pue_licenses filter to enable the external sources the option that sends information to the request for Event Aggregator.
- Tweak – We have removed the “latest-past” option from showing in the front end view selector in new installs.
- Tweak – We have resolved an error that some users received when setting up a fresh plugin install when no default View was selected under Events Settings → Display.
- Tweak – We have added a new “Scheduled” status for the activity reporter of imports from Event Aggregator. This resolves an issue that sometimes prevented images from importing.
- Tweak – We added an admin notice for the Virtual Events add-on.
- Language – 3 new strings added, 246 updated, 1 fuzzied, and 1 obsoleted