We’re happy to announce a new release of The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, and associated premium add-ons.
As you may already know, we like to ship a series of maintenance releases en route to a larger, feature-rich release. This marks the fifth such release in that series for 4.2. Many bugs and tweaks were covered. To learn about the specific ones, let’s dig into the change logs!
The following plugins were updated to the following versions in this release:
- The Events Calendar 4.2.5
- Events Calendar Pro 4.2.4
- Community Events 4.2.4
- iCal Importer 4.2.4
- Event Tickets 4.2.5
- Event Tickets Plus 4.2.5
- Eventbrite Tickets 4.2.1
The following plugins were not updated and remain at these versions:
- Community Tickets 4.2.3
- Filter Bar 4.2.2
- Facebook 4.2
- Advanced Post Manager 4.2.2
You can view all archived release notes here.
As always, we encourage you to use caution when updating plugins to the latest versions, just as you would for any other WordPress update. Backup your site files and database, and definitely test the updates in a development environment if possible.
We expect smooth sailing if you’re already running version 4.2 of any plugin, but better to be safe than sorry. This is especially true for anyone updating from version 4.1 or earlier, in which case we suggest reading over the 4.2 release notes in advance.
The Events Calendar 4.2.5
- Fix — Fixed inconsistent template filtering logic for single event template.
- Tweak — Restored preview for published events.
Events Calendar PRO 4.2.4
- Fix — PHP notice when importing events from iCal importer.
Community Events 4.2.4
- Fix — Front-end event edit form not displaying an event assigned categories. (Thank you @indycourses for the report in the support forums.)
- Fix — Improve organizer and venue validation and add in two filters to validate individual fields for their respective linked posts.
iCal Importer 4.2.4
- Fix — PHP 5.2 recurring imports issues.
Event Tickets 4.2.5
- Fix — Garbled site title in RSVP confirmation email.
Event Tickets Plus 4.2.5
- Fix — Resolved warnings during WPEC checkouts that prevented proper page redirection after ticket purchases. Props to @sewhouston in the support forums for reporting this!
- Tweak — Allow for basic HTML tag support in attendee meta fields. Shout-out to @lpoindexter for reporting this on in the forums!
Eventbrite Tickets 4.2.1
- Fix — Prevent erroneous error messages from trying to change event status when it was not being changed. Thank you to @Jessie and others in our support forum for reporting these issues.