This updated version of The Events Calendar adds a new Month View section to the WordPress Customizer and includes several bug fixes.
As always, we recommend updating on a staging site, just to be safe, but it should all be smooth sailing. And please note that this is a feature release that focuses on bug fixes and compatibility with our new Events Calendar Pro 5.7 update.
Bugs that were squashed in this release:
- Resolved conflicts with Gravity Forms plugin that prevented correct submission of forms data.
- Fixed handling of the start and end of day cutoff in Day View when the server timezone is not the same as the site (thanks @therealgilles).
archivebody class is no longer removed from post tag and category pages when using Default Page Template as event template.
- Fixed translation of calendar view in WPML language switcher (thanks @dgwatkins).
- Fixed <button> styles when using the Twenty Twenty One theme.
- Single event iCalendar export now correctly exports only that event information.
- When Timezone Mode is set to “Manual time zones for each event”, the correct date and time in the Day View time separator are now used
- Fixed conflict with the “Hello Elementor” theme to avoid issues with The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO views.
- Corrected typo in style output from Customizer. Thanks @apmatthews for catching and correcting this!
- Resolved PHP warnings when linked post types are filtered out (thanks @baden03).
A few tweaks we made under the hood:
- Removed the usage of the phrase “Now onwards” on list-style view date range headings, in favor of the simpler “Upcoming”.
- Events from latest past events now display the featured image.
- Moved messages below the calendar grid in the mobile version of Month View.
- Message now displays that lets visitors know the selected Month View day has no events in mobile view.
- Added compatibility for the Full Site Editor navigation block.
- When using Event Aggregator, now only the type of files allowed will be displayed.
- Updated the lodash library to include a security fix.
- Skip to Content tab no longer breaks widget icon styles.
- Updated Google Calendar link to use the timezone based on the Timezone Settings from the Calendar.
- Added the
tribe_views_v2_after_setup_loopfilter to modify the loop context set up in the View (v2).
- Added the
tribe_events_views_v2_by_day_view_grid_daysto allow pre-filling Month and Week Views (v2) Events.
- Added the
tribe_events_views_v2_by_day_view_day_resultsto allow fine-grained control over Month and Week Views (v2) Event data.
Updated language files and strings:
- 27 new strings added
- 133 updated
- 0 fuzzied
- 0 obsoleted