This article will show you how to get set up to make the most out of this integration.
What you need
- The Events Calendar (free): This is the base calendar plugin that allows you to publish event posts and display them in a calendar format.
- Event Tickets (free, optional): This is the base ticketing plugin for The Events Calendar that adds ticket and RSVP functionality to events, pages, and posts.
- Kadence Theme (free): This is the main theme. For more features, you can check out the premium version.
- Kadence Blocks (free): This is a collection of blocks used to create customizable layouts for your event pages.
- Kadence Starter Templates (free): These are pre-built website designs using the WordPress block editor.
You can search for Kadence under Appearance → Themes → Add New. Once you install and activate the theme, click Install Kadence Starter Templates.
You can then install Kadence Blocks by searching for it under Plugins → Add New.
Using Kadence with The Events Calendar is practically the same as integrating The Events Calendar with any other WordPress theme. Install the theme and plugins and you get a nice-looking calendar right out of the box.
Styling event pages
With Kadence, you can customize your calendar pages and your single event pages. Head over to the WordPress Customizer in your admin toolbar at the top of the page (labeled “Customize”) to see all of your options.
In the WordPress Customizer, click The Events Calendar and you’ll see new options for Single Event Layout and Events Layout.
Try out the different layout options and see previews of the changes in real time. Hit Publish when you’re all done.
Using starter templates
You can select one of Kadence’s starter templates under Appearance → Kadence → Starter Templates. You can choose whether to apply the starter template to a single page or to your whole site. Choose a color scheme and font family, which you can always adjust later if you change your mind. Kadence will automatically install any required plugins that you don’t already have.
Creating event pages with Kadence Blocks
You can customize the layout of your single event page with Kadence. To do this, navigate to Add New Event in the block editor. In addition to standard event options, you’ll also see some new options with Kadence.
You can search for Kadence blocks to add, as you would with any other WordPress block. There is also a design library with prebuilt design blocks to add to your event page. You’ll also see a sidebar on your right with layout and block options.