Recurring event – excluded days still populated in calendar

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Recurring event – excluded days still populated in calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Posting this under ‘Pre-sale questions’ as unless this can be fixed we will not be renewing our expired license.

I tried creating a recurring event with a day excluded, but the event still shows up on the excluded day in the calendar. See screenshots:

https://monosnap.com/file/fDyN6TGiv5vUrBmQ3lKaUGIfLs45OB.png
    https://monosnap.com/file/rOawX2SoqadtXo1iq2cj9fcyIwVFML.png

How do I remove the event from Monday 14?

Thanks

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for reaching out!

I would love to help you get this resolved, but my first thought here is that the plugin needs to be updated. It looks like there was a known issue with the exclusion feature of recurring events in past versions. In addition, it’s been over a year since your license expired, which means several new versions have been released since you would have last been able to update Pro. Unfortunately, older versions may start having issues over time as WordPress and our base The Events Calendar plugin are updated and may begin to lose compatibility with older versions. I can confirm that the exclusion feature is working in the current version – 4.4.14 (see settings and front end screen shots).

I would also recommend testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins as a good first step in figuring out what’s going on. If you do renew the license and still have this issue with the current version, we are happy to help you get it resolved over in our support forums!

Hopefully that helps, and please let me know if I can answer any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer. I have renewed the plugin but still having issues.

Here are my settings:
    https://monosnap.com/file/P48pIIHKaUGugXOcrdKRmdPjIXx6Qo.png

For which I would expect the event to show up in the calendar on days 11, 12 and 13 of August 2006. However the event only shows up on day 11:
    http://themeteor.co.nz/events/2006-08/

Hoping you can help me get the event displaying correctly.

Thanks

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for renewing and for sharing that screenshot! It does look like your settings are configured correctly.

Can you go into Events > Settings > General and try unchecking the Recurring event instances setting (if you currently have it checked)? You might also try changing the Front-end recurring event instances toggle setting to see if that makes a difference.

Also on that General settings page, can you check that the Create recurring events in advance for setting is not set to an extremely high number (say over 1000)? I have seen a case where setting this value too high can result in the issue you are describing.

If you haven’t done so already, testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins would be the next step.

Finally, if you’re still running into this issue, can you please post this issue to our Events Calendar Pro support forum, making sure to share your system info with us when you do, along with a link back to this thread? We’ll be happy to continue troubleshooting with you from there!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring event – excluded days still populated in calendar’ is closed to new replies.