No attendee info WP v4.7.1

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus No attendee info WP v4.7.1

• This topic has 51 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Brian.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant
    Cliff

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Brian,

Thank you very much for sharing your research into this issue. As you have already seen Cliff suspects this problem might be related to a couple of topics, and you shared a few more.

While Cliff is himself a very skilled developer, he did ask for me to look at these topics as well and see if I found anything. One thing that has become abundantly clear is that not all of these issues are related. One is almost certainly a conflict from Ninja Forms. Another likely stemming from a bug that can crop up when international characters are in the Attendee Meta Label. In both cases, different symptoms were shown in the screenshots. Yet, some of the other topics are like yours: they neither run Ninja Forms or are in in a foreign language. So, it is likely that there is at least one or more issues being faced in these topics.

To help us figure out what is happening in your case, would you mind taking some screenshots of the problem? In addition, if you are interested in creating a new temporary admin account for us to login with and view the problem for ourselves, that could shed even more light on the issue. All we will do is observe, seeing the page in question, plus perhaps a few settings pages, just to confirm we know exactly what is happening on your site. We do not plan to change any settings or anything like that.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    – Brook

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Brian, thanks for that.

However, I do not see your database file in that Dropbox folder. It should be something like database.sql

Please reference https://codex.wordpress.org/Backing_Up_Your_Database or ask your web host if you need further help generating a .sql file

Brian
    Participant

Ok I added a backup file from WP-DB-Backup plugin in there now.

Thanks Cliff!

Brook
    Participant

Thank you Brian!

Unfortunately there is no record of that attendee data anywhere in the database you shared. This means that it will be impossible to recover the missing data. But, I’m still hopeful that we can find a fix for future tickets.

The database you shared did not contain the WooCommerce session table. I suspect the plugin you used does not export all tables in the database by default. But, we also got one other database shared with us from someone else, and it did contain this table. Even with this table there appears to be no record of the attendee meta anywhere in the database.

This means that the attendee meta is likely getting lost sometime before check out, while the tickets are still in the cart. That knowledge helps narrow the field a lot.

I am going to work with Cliff to try and come up with a good plan of attack to learn more and hopefully isolate this. We’ll be in touch tomorrow. Again, thank you so much for the extremely detailed information you’ve shared thus far. I find myself constantly referring back to it, as it answers many question.

This is obviously having a bad impact on your site right now. If collecting attendee meta is crucial to your sites operation, downgrading to the 4.3.x version of The Events Calendar and Event Tickets might fix this. That would be a decent temporary solution while the investigation continues.

– Brook

Brian
    Participant

Thanks for all your help! I’ll keep looking for the session table in the mean time.

Just to point out that this issue is happening on my live site that runs version 4.3.3 as well as my staging site running on 4.4.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • The topic ‘No attendee info WP v4.7.1’ is closed to new replies.