No attendee info WP v4.7.1

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus No attendee info WP v4.7.1

• This topic has 51 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Brian.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

My site was recently updated to WordPress 4.7.1. Ever since that update none of my tickets have had any attendee info come through.

I am running Events Calendar Pro and Events Ticket Plus 4.3.3, I tried to update to 4.4.0.1 and the site crashed due to fatal error I posted in a different thread. I have reverted to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivated all plugins on a staging site with the same results.

This is becoming a huge headache, is there a fix please?

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi, Brian. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

Just to clarify, is it happening for EVERY ticket or just SOME tickets?

If it’s every ticket, that’d be a new bug for us to try to replicate.

If it’s only some purchasers’ Attendee Meta information not coming through, it could be because they don’t have JavaScript enabled or they add a ticket to their cart and then wait a long time (longer than the cookie’s expiration) and then complete checkout anyway, or possibly another issue.

Please let me know your findings. Thanks.

Brian
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

It is happening with all my tickets. I have done it going straight through myself and checked right after and there is no attendee info.

My site was updated 1/12 and as of 1/13 I have had no attendee meta info on all tickets.

Cliff

I saw one other user report this same issue (not more than you two to my knowledge), but I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue on my local testing site with RSVP or WooCommerce ticket types.

You each have different themes but both have dozens of plugins but the only one that’s the exact same version number is Redirection version 2.5 by John Godley.

Besides Modern Tribe plugins, the only other plugin that is the same but non-identical version is Wordfence Security. I’d suggest trying disabling that.

Also, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while buying test tickets (with Attendee Meta data), changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Of course, we recommend using a staging site and/or complete backups (files and database) before attempting anything like this.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Participant

Cliff,

See my private reply with debug log. In addition there is one more that is having the same issue.

I do have lots of plugins with a complicated environment, but as I said I have tried it with all plugins deactivated except for Woo and Stripe, with a standard theme. I was getting Attendee info consistently, then as soon as WordPress was updated to 4.7.1 they stopped coming through. Nothing else was updated or changed at that time that I have found.

Cliff

Thanks for that information.

I’ve asked that third user for their system information report as well.

Your debug log is more detailed than normal, so I’m guessing you have some sort of logging enabled, which is no problem at all 🙂

Anyway, I saw messages from your SumoMe and Jetpack plugins. I’d suggest making sure those plugins are at their latest versions and, if they are and the debug messages are still appearing, passing those errors onto the respective plugin support teams.

I also saw “The post type shop_subscription is not registered” and other similar messages as if you had WooCommerce Subscriptions active but now do not — or possibly a similar situation.

And I visited your testing site and saw a console error at your site about not having your Google Maps API Key installed. I’d recommend resolving that too, especially for a production site, but it shouldn’t be having an effect on this issue–just a general suggestion.
    (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

I also saw very many Attendee Meta fields at your testing site. Is the issue that the fields are not displaying for you when the ticket quantity changes from 0 to 1 — or is it that the data is not coming through to the Attendees Report?

If the latter, please try changing the Attendee Meta fields from the 28 fields you have now to something smaller, like 5 fields, and see if the Attendee Meta data then does come through to the Attendees Report.

Thanks!

Brian
    Participant

Cliff,

Thanks for checking that. Most of those other issues in the debug log is from disabling all the plugins like I said I had done to verify they are not the cause of the issue.

However on my live site I have multiple tickets for different events with 5 fields up to 28 fields. They all display fine, you can fill them out and add to cart. Nothing shows up in the back end with regards to details on any ticket. RSVPs still work as usual.

So in your test environment you are running WP v4.7.1 and cannot recreate the issue? What else can I check to get a fix for this? I’m getting 100s of orders I need to follow up on to insure they can gain access to the event and records are correct, which is certainly not ideal and sure to cause problems the longer it goes on…

Cliff

This reply is private.

Brian
    Participant

Cliff,

I’m stumped. I’ve tried everything I know, every combination of attendee meta fields, plugins, and sticking my tongue out. Removed all custom code, flushed cache every change…nothing. I enabled Tribe debug in the settings and installed debug bar, but it has no Tribe tab and isn’t showing me anything relevant. I’m running PHP 5.6.27 which is different than yours, but that was not a recent change coinciding with the meta going missing.

I do still get Attendee Meta that comes through on RSVPs, but not on WooCommerce Tickets. Does that help to narrow anything else down for me to check?

Cliff

Sorry for this. It’s frustrating when we cannot replicate the issue because then we can’t know what exactly to fix.

I just tried a WooCommerce ticket (I only had RSVP and WooCommerce ticket types available at the time of testing) and it had 1 attendee meta field that was not required. It was a free ticket. It came through just fine–with information in the attendee meta field.

You said RSVP tickets do have attendee meta come through. Was this true at the time you created this forum thread or did they since start working?

Do you get the same when you create a brand new event vs editing an old event’s date to now be in the future (so the tickets will appear) and then trying those tickets?

Of course, we recommend file and database backups before modifying your site.

Brian
    Participant

You said RSVP tickets do have attendee meta come through. Was this true at the time you created this forum thread or did they since start working?

I do not use any attendee meta fields on RSVP tickets, I just added them for testing. It does have meta come through on RSVPs.

When the ticket type is WooCommerce, either free or costs money, 1 field or 28, required or not; there is no attendee meta that comes through.

Do you get the same when you create a brand new event vs editing an old event’s date to now be in the future (so the tickets will appear) and then trying those tickets?

Yes, in both instances no attendee meta appears.

Cliff

Thanks for clarifying.

Please disable all WooCommerce extensions/add-ons and test Attendee Meta with WooCommerce tickets.

If you don’t have any WooCommerce extensions active, please copy report from wp-admin > WooCommerce > System Status (click the “Get System Report” button and paste that here in a Private Reply)

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Participant

Cliff,

WooCommerce System Status replied above. I’ll also note I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the plugin on my staging site with the same result.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • The topic ‘No attendee info WP v4.7.1’ is closed to new replies.