Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Brett

Hey, Rob. I posted a little over 2 months ago, inquiring about this plugin being responsive. Any update on that?

Thanks.

Rob

Thanks for confirming, EastMagQ. That is an awesome idea and probably would be doable with some customization and the right theme. Out of the box, sadly, no such functionality exists. But I can see the value for it and will discuss with the team what might be the best method. In the interim you may want to post here or on the WordPress.org forum to see if anyone has suggestions for how to do it (as it’s sadly outside the level of customization I can provide).

Brett: thanks for the follow-up. We do still have responsive templates in the works, though these have taken a backseat to getting a couple add-ons and bug patches for our stable of existing plugins out the door. we’ve been getting a good number of questions about this and it seems there is definitely need for a responsive template that works smoothly with this plugin. We’re working on integrating some type of our own responsive templating but that’s still mostly conceptual and a few months out. In the interim, while there are no themes specifically built for it that we’re aware of, in general we’d recommend Brandon at Epic Era’s work: http://themeforest.net/user/epicera/portfolio. The responsive code is solid and you can get list/single view working pretty well out of the box.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if anyone has any further questions.

Susan

Hey, I just downloaded The Events Calendar and I lOVE it! I understand that you guys are getting ready to release an add-on for Facebook Events (saw this page: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/facebook-importer-new-user-primer/) but I don’t see where I can buy this. I am a web developer working on a musician’s site right now and definitely need this add-on. Plus, I want to get it from you guys. The Sync Facebook Events plugin concerns me — Exploit Scanner came up with a severe warning on possible malicious code in that plugin. When is your add-on releasing and how much will it be? I need it, like, yesterday! 😉

Thanks very much!!

Mark

Hi, I am considering buying the Pro version & community events for a site I am working on but need a way of displaying events by event date or ticket sale date. Is this possible?

Chris

Hello, I would like to use The Events Calendar (pro or free) for a multisite installation. Each child site must be able to add their own google calendar feed. When I install the free version of the Event Calendar plugin this option goes away for child sites. Is there a way to enable this feature? Does the pro version allow child sites to add google calendar feeds?

Thanks!
    -Chris

Rob

Hey folks! Thanks for the notes and Susan, my apologies for taking a few days to get you a response here. The Facebook Events add-on has indeed been released and can be found right here: https://theeventscalendar.com/facebook-events/. If you need more information on it or have questions beyond what’s listed at that page, definitely let me know.

Chris: if I understand your question correctly, the Google Calendar option shouldn’t exist in the free release whether or not you’re on a multisite. That and iCal are PRO features and with PRO activated they should apply to sites across the board on a multisite network. Let me know if I’ve misunderstood the question here, though, and I can elaborate.

Mackenzie

A few questions about Conference Manager:
    1) Release date? Even aproximate? (evil question I know)
    2) Do you have to use Evenbright to sell tickets with this plug-in?
    3) Can the user submitted events be held until an admin approves them?
    4)Is there a “conflicting” events function in the registration process for attendees? Will it show an error message and not allow attendees to register for an event if they are signed up for two events happening at the same time?
    5)Can we add other shopping cart items like food tickets and t-shirts on checkout?

Rob

Hey there Mackenzie. Thanks for the note on this – glad to hear you’ve got some early excitement about Conference Manager. While you shouldn’t quote me on any of this (as we’re still working out the specifics/functionality), I can answer based on the first round of QA I did on Conference last week and the internal discussions surrounding it:

1) This summer, for sure. I’d like to say sometime in July but realistically I’m going to be on the safe side and say by the end of August is our goal.
    2) Nope, no other plugin will be required to run Conference Manager except the free The Events Calendar.
    3) Yes, that aspect of user submitted events will be handled via the Community Events add-on. Community does give site admins the ability to hold all submissions for admin approval via an option on the Settings page.
    4) At this point, no – but that aspect of the code is the one that’s still pretty deep “in progress”, so that might change. If not for the initial release I suspect we’ll add something along these lines down the road since it does seem to add value. Whether it’ll be added into Community, Conference or both is still up for grabs though.
    5) Not sure how this would integrate into the Conference flow, but my guess is you’d need to find a third-party commerce solution here. The Events are just a custom WordPress post type, so if you find a commerce plugin that can tap into custom posts, it should pick up our event entries no problem.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, just holler. Thanks again for your interest.

Brett

Do I need the PRO version of this plugin to have the ability to sort events by type?

Thanks.

Rob

Hey Brett. How are you aiming to sort – on the frontend, or the backend? You can link to specific categories directly on the frontend regardless of whether you’re on PRO or free, and on the backend can also sort the broader events list via the column headings without PRO. The template tags and filters as documented at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation, unless they’re tying specifically into a PRO feature, should also work across the board.

Hope that helps. If I misunderstood the question here, let me know and I’ll do what I can to elaborate.

Brett

I would like to give the user the ability to sort the events by category, so that they can see all events of a specific category of their choosing.

Joe

Hello,

I use qTranslate and I am trying t find a event calendar that will work with it.

I am definitely intrigued by your calendaring software. I like a few of the premium plugins and would be interested in buying them.

Bt, upon entering an e vent, and displaying it, the bilingual pars to not show up. When entering an event, you enter a title and a text for each event, in each language. qTranslate keeps both in the database. Then, when you have the French version displayed, the French text sows up, and the English when the English is chosen.

If your plug in, the qTranslate plug in is not recognized for some reason.

Please let me know if I am dong something wrong or maybe your plug in does not work with qTranslate.

Thanks

Joe

Rob

Hey guys, thanks for these ideas here.

Brett: if I understand correctly what you’re going for, this should be doable by clicking into a given event and selecting the link to a category it’s assigned in. Were you looking for something different than that? IE a dropdown filter on the broader grid view or something similar?

Joe: we are indeed aware that there is unfortunately a conflict between our plugin and qTranslate. We have that on our radar and, since we know qTranslate is widely used, we want to make sure they integrate together smoothly. Given that it’s been somewhat difficult to identify what’s causing the problem and how to fix it, realistically we probably won’t have a fix deployed on our end until the 2.1 release comes sometime in the fall. I apologize for the inconvenience you’re faced with in the interim though.

Let me know if you guys need anything else. Since this thread has gotten rather long, I’m going to close it out – please feel free to post any future questions anyone may have as a separate thread and I’ll address them in a timely fashion.

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • The topic ‘Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First’ is closed to new replies.