Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Fred Greenhalgh

Hi, installed and loving free TEC. Question on Google Calendar functions of PRO which will make/break it for us.

I would like to automatically push new events TO Google Calendar. I like offering the user an Add to iCal/Google button, but I actually want to have a Google Calendar which consists of Events I’ve created through TEC which I can then use/embed in other places. Will PRO do this?

Thanks,
    Fred

Rob

Hi Fred. Thanks for reaching out, and for the words. My apologies that it took a few days to get you a response here.

At this point the PRO code doesn’t change much about how the iCal/Google Calendar buttons work that would be different from how the free The Events Calendar behaves. Automatically pushing new events would require either something be built, or a third-party plugin…basically with the way it’s set up now users would have to manually come click the Google Cal/iCal options to initiate on their end.

Hope that helps and sorry I couldn’t offer up more. If you’ve got other questions, let me know. Cheers!

Jackie

I have a client interested in using the Eventbrite mod and I’d like to direct him to a sample of how it looks on your demo. I saw one yesterday, but for the life of me can’t find the Eventbrite demo today. I checked your demo events http://demo.tri.be/events/category/eventbrite-ticketing/ and all 5-6 events I checked on this calendar do not show an Eventbrite ticket form. Help, please?

Lindsay

I’m working on a website redesign and I really like the functionality of The Events Calendar — I am, however, having a strange issue (perhaps a plugin conflict). I would like to go PRO, but I wanted to know if this issue continues in the PRO version before buying.

So I was entering dates for a series of 3-day summer camps all held by the same organization; however, these events are on different dates and sometimes at different venues–they all share the same base information and flyers/images though.

I was using the Duplicate Posts plugin so I wouldn’t have to keep reentering all the basic information — it seemed to be working fine (it appears to copy all the information over); however, when I go to change the venue in one of the Events, it changes that venue in ALL of the duplicated events. This issue seems isolated to the ‘venue’ and ‘address’ related boxes.

Is this more of an issue with The Events Calendar or the Duplicate Post plugin? Would the PRO version (with the saved venues) help at all? Is there any plans to add a functionality for duplicating events for minor changes within The Events Calendar?

Thanks!
    Lindsay

Rob

Hi there folks. Thanks to anyone who posted over the past week and my apologies for taking until now to get a response; as the yellow alert message on the forum here indicated, I’ve been out of town the past week.

Jackie: at this point we have just one ticketed event on the demo site, which is right here: http://demo.tri.be/event/sample-of-the-events-calendars-eventbrite-integration/. If you were looking to demo something more than what’s displayed there let me know and I’ll get it hooked up.

Lindsay: thanks for the detailed explanation, I understand the situation now. While I’d like to say that our plugin isn’t responsible here and that Duplicate Post is to blame, the reality of it is that it’s likely a conflict of how our plugin interacts with that one.

My guess is that the saved venue functionality should help aleviate this issue (since venue/organizer changes there are made on a backend page independent of the event listing itself, unlike in free)…but I don’t want to guarantee it in case you buy and find it doesn’t work. Want to shoot me an email referencing this thread (to pro /a/ tri.be) and I’ll see about finding a way to hook you up with some code to test on? That way you can “try before you buy.” Let me know if that’d work or if you have other questions on this.

Chris

I purchased the Event Calendar PRO from themeforest a year ago. I noticed that the plugin is no longer available at themeforest. Do I still receive updates and support?

Rob

Hey Chris. Thanks for reaching out. The upgrade to 2.0 was a paid one for all users given the extent of the code changes, but existing users were entitled to a 30% discount that I’d be happy to give you. Shoot us an email (pro /a/ tri.be) and we’ll hook it up.

Peter

Hi Rob!
    I would like to buy the Events Calendar Pro in addition with the Community Events Plugin for a customer of mine. I guess that there is no german translation for the plugin available at the moment. Could you please give me an idea about the amount of time I have to spend on translating it by myself? I need your valuation to make a well calculated offer to my customer. Although Enlish is not my mother tongue, I have no problems to translate it into German.
    BTW: If you are still looking for a translator, I could do the job for you!
    Thanks in advance!

Rob

Hi there Peter. Thanks for reaching out, and for your interest. Looks like we do indeed have a German translation of The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO already, so you should be set on that end.

Community is not yet translated. But if you were interested in doing it, I’d be happy to give you a license in exchange. (That same offer extends to anyone on here willing to translate the plugins to their native language). It’d probably take less time than translating the core The Events Calendar plugin since Community is fairly lightweight. Shoot an email to pro /a/ tri.be if you’re game and we’ll hook it up.

Michael

I have been using the Events Calendar plugin for a little while which has been very useful. Like others, I have a Facebook Page for my business which I interact with from WordPress. Is there an existing method to have active events from Events Calendar (Free or PRO version) to import directly into Facebook Events?

I see at Working with Facebook events using Graph API, JS-SDK and PHP-SDK – part 1 that Hasin (I do not work for or with Hasin) has a process that does seem to be working and could possibly be modified to do this. (just in case there is no other existing method in place)

Rob

Hey Michael. Thanks for the note here, and for your feedback on your experiences so far. Awesome to hear you’ve been getting some use out of the plugin.

As it just so happens, the next add-on we’ll be realeasing is a Facebook Events Sync add-on that allows you to automatically import Facebook events into your site (though unfortunately won’t go the opposite — importing events to FB). The only import-based solution we have at this point is a CSV importer that is in beta stages, but which I’d be happy to send your way if you were interested. Let me know.

Hope that helps and thanks again for the note. Please feel free to reach out if you have any other follow-up questions.

rick

Hey Rob,
    Is there a demo for Pro? I’m interested in seeing how search friendly the venue pages are. Thx

EastMagQ

Hi,
    On the Google map view, the event list below it, i would like to be able to display a “featured” event. So that an admin can log into the dashboard, go to an event and mark it as featured, little checkbox. Then that would simply add an extra class to that particular events div, then i can include some extra css to deal with it. Is that already possible or will i need to do some chopping, if so can you point me the right direction (precise instructions ;)).

Rob

Hey there Rick. The best spot for demoing PRO would probably be the demo site, which is pretty bare bones but does have the plugin (and a couple add-ons) active. That’s at http://demo.tri.be. If you wanted to see the plugin in the wild on a more “real” level, we have this showcase thread from the forums here that is all sites running PRO: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/showcase-2-0/. Let me know if you were looking for something more than that.

EastMagQ: interesting idea. What do you mean “on the Google map view”? The frontend venue pages?

EastMagQ

Sorry yeah, just the events listings with a ?show=map.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • The topic ‘Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First’ is closed to new replies.