Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Chris

Is there a way to Charge people to post their event listings? I need to find a way to do this and also set up multiple listing lengths(30 days, 60 days, 90 days) and charge different amounts for each. I have seen event calendars where you can charge a person to be able to list events however it is typically a one time charge and ten a user can submit as many e vents as they like. I need to be able to charge a “customer” for each event that they wish to list.

Rob

Hey Chris. Regarding charging your users to post…at this point, not out of the box…you may be able to hack something together or find a third party plugin that can accomplish it, but we haven’t yet integrated that functionality. That being said we have seen a lot of demand for it since launching 2.0 so we’ll probably be adding something along those lines sooner rather than later.

Sorry I couldn’t offer up more in the short-term though. If you have any other questions or if I can elaborate on the points above let me know.

Sarah Smith

Hi Rob, I am an individual setting up a theatre listing website as a hobby. Does that qualify me as ‘non-profit’ and make me eliligible to upgrade to the pro version of Events Calendar for free?
    Thanks

Rob

Hey Sarah. Thanks for the note. As much as I’d love to say yes, our system requires 501(c)(3) confirmation to be a nonprofit at this time. Sorry I couldn’t offer up more!

John Bragg

We have events occurring in 18 different sections around the US, and need an event calendar that can display the national calendar with all of our events, and also display a list of events on each Section page that shows only those events occurring in that section. I’m not a developer (but we have one in-house who can help me with this) and am told what I need is a filtered RSS feed. Can the Pro version do that?
    Thanks.

Rob

Hey John. Thanks for the note – sounds like you’ve got a cool project in the works there. Would this data have to be provided via an RSS feed? The calendar does include a “full” calendar which can be segmented out into categories (each of which provide their own list/grid view). Let me know if you think that would meet your needs…if so, it’s a feature available pretty much straight out of the box.

DeepTitanic

Hello !

Can you filter the calendar by category?

Thanks in advance!!

Rob

Hi DeepTitanic. You can definitely drill down by categories as you see fit, so users only see content from the category-in-question via whatever page you link them to. If you wanted to get more in-depth than that I believe our template tag documentation ( at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation ) would point you in the right direction.

Hope that helps! Let me know if not 🙂

Joan McCue

Hi Rob,
    I saw your response in the pre-sales forum that you offer free licensing to non-profit organizations. We are a K-12 school in PA. I need something that exports to ical – which your calendar will do. I have one license that allows me to use the calendar multiple times as long as it is on the same domain. Would that work with your calendar? For example I have a calendar for our high school library on a sub site and calendars on each separate school building site (10 buildings).
    Thanks for your time.
    Joan

Rob

Hi there Joan. So long as you’ve got a single/personal license (which it sounds like you have, if I’m readin the note correctly) you should be fine there. We will have MU pricing for broader networks coming down the road but if you’re using on one site with sub-sites at the moment a single license will be fine. As the license isn’t actually required to run the plugin (it is just needed for updates & support), you won’t lose any functionality without it.

Hope that helps. Let me know if not. If you’re a non-profit yourselves, let me know and we can work out getting you the appropriate license for the right price 🙂

Tyler

Hello,

We are developing a WP site for a Magazine with multiple locations. We are putting all of the content under one site; where the user selects the content from their prospective city. This goes along with the calendar as well (different events for a different city). My question is A) can Events Calendar Pro support this? and B) How many licenses do I need to buy?

Thanks

Melanie

Hello!
    Can users submit their own events? Is there a way of displaying all events in a single post (ordered by date and location) instead of displaying the calendar?

Thank you!
    Melanie

Rob

Hey Melanie! At this point, the only officially-supported frontend submission option is the Community Events add-on (https://theeventscalendar.com/shop/wordpress-community-events/), which should be out over the next month or so.

You definitely have the option to toggle back and forth between a list and grid view. Users on the frontend can view either, and you can set the default of what lives at /events as either list or grid view, too.

Hope that helps! Let me know if I can elaborate at all.

Brett

I have been looking for an Events Calendar for a website that I am currently updating, and so far Events Calendar PRO seems to be the best option out there. Before I make a purchase though, I need to know how the calendar works with a responsive theme. To me, it would make sense to switch from the Calendar view to the Events List view if on a mobile device. How is this plugin currently setup to work with responsive themes? Thanks.

Rob

Hey Brett. Thanks for your interest in the calendar. We’ve heard reports of certain users working with plugins like WP Touch Pro (though those yielded mixed results), there is no official support for it currently. That being said we are doing some responsive iterations on the events cal views which should accommodate you here when eventually released. We’re still not sure whether they’ll be cooked into the core plugin, or offered as a patch or add-on theme. But that is in the works and by our estimate 1-2 months out.

Hope that helps. If you’ve got any other questions or if I can do anything else, please let me know. You can also check out how it appears on mobile by giving the free The Events Calendar a go (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/the-events-calendar/), as they’re pretty much the same code – PRO just extends TEC’s functionality.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • The topic ‘Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First’ is closed to new replies.