Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Welcome. If you’ve landed here, it’s because you’re interested in purchasing Events Calendar PRO. Awesome!

First things first: before posting, check out our FAQ page to see if your questions are answered there. That FAQ page can be found right here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/faqs/. If you’ve still got a question after perusing that, feel free to create a discussion here and we’ll get you an answer ASAP.

Thanks again for your interest!

mohammad

how can i change event calendar date format to jalali (persian) calendar?
    for example 2011.12.17 must be show like that: 1390.09.26
    im using wordpress in jalali date format but this plugin is in gregorian date format.

Noble Sprayberry

Currently, are events searchable in any way?

Rob

Hey Mohammad. The time settings you configure under Settings –> General should cover this plugin, along with the rest of your WP install…so if you’ve set it there it should carry over to your events list. Let me know if that’s not the case.

Noble Sprayberry: events themselves are searchable, yes, using the broader search capability built into WP. Searching any of the custom details (location, organizer, etc) would require some customization on your end and is not a feature available straight out of the box.

Sunil

Hi Rob.
    Couple of questions;

Can I display a weekly view?

Can I style the calendar views as I wish with my own css?

I’d like to create an application where I can display the event that is happening now. How easy/difficult would this be?

Quett

Can this plugin be modified so that anyone can post an event without having to sign in?

Rob

Sunil: week view does not exist, yet. We’ve got it on the radar for a future 2.x release though. You can style the calendar as you wish, yes – pretty much anything is possible with a template override if you feel comfortable doing some dev work on your own. As for creating an application to display the event happening now…this likely wouldn’t be too hard, but of course isn’t available out of the box. We do have something similar though, which is a “Next Event” widget that shows whatever the next upcoming event is.

Quett: That functionality doesn’t yet exist. We’re working on our Community Events add-on, which will allow for frontend event submissions, but that’s still a work in progress and hasn’t yet gotten to beta stage.

Thanks for the interest, folks! Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Joseph Lewis

I purchased the Pro version however can not log in? The system allows me to change the password which I have done on several occasions however am still blocked when trying to log in. What do I do?

Rob

Hi Joseph. I actually sent you an email on this yesterday, after Peter from our team forwarded me your initial request. Did you not see that email? There was an issue with the login name you were using, but I reset your password and verified that logging in worked fine…let me know if the message-in-question never came through and I can resend it.

Blaine Carter

I have a specific need that I’m hoping your Pro version can help fill.

Here are a few of the requirements I couldn’t find on your documentation.

I will have multiple events I will need to associate with a custom WP post that will display at the bottom of the post with links the the details for the event.

The users should be able to easily input the events either on the same page as the post or by entering an easy to use custom attribute into the events to do the association.

I hope these two can be done easily with your product since the rest of my requirements are met by the solution out of the box.

Thanks in advance.

Werner

Hi, i am inserting your The Events Calendar Free Version on this website. On this site i am using the Prestige Light Theme and i think this could be the cause for the following error: when i insert the Events List Widget in the sidebar, all my links on the website are disabled and i can see the text from the first event in the calendar. Is this a problem that is solved in the Pro Version?
    Thanks for your help. At the moment the Widget is not inserted in the sidebar.

Rob

Thanks for the notes, guys. To address these:

Blaine – what you’re aiming to do could probably be hacked together, but there’s nothing in the PRO code to allow for it straight out of the box. If you can find a way to get that custom post to display via something like tags, for example, it should work…but I can’t think of another method that won’t require some dev. Having users submit events will be an option with the Community Events add-on that we’re on track to get into beta stage by the end of the month, but until then there’s nothing along those lines.

Werner – it’s certainly possible that the Events Calendar is causing that issue, but you’re the first to report anything along those lines. Could you display the event data you want using template tags instead of the widget? Those are detailed in some depth right here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/.

Let me know if either of you guys have any follow-up questions on this and I’d be happy to elaborate. Thanks for your interest.

Hoosier

Hello,

I am trying to see if the Events Calendar will fulfill the requirements of my organization. I tried the free version of it so far and right now as you can see for yourself there is a huge gap between the top navigation bar and the point where the calendar begins. I am just wondering what is the reason for this and if it can be fixed?

http://www.hoosieripl.org/events.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Werner

Hello Rob, thank you for your suggestion. I tried it with the PHP Code Widget in the sidebar (i am no PHP programmer) and i got the mini calendar. But as soon as i insert a code or widget that shows something from The Events Calender the whole website is disabled. Every link shows a page with the description text from the first event in the calendar. What makes no problem is the link to the events-directory.

Rob

Hoosier: Thanks for the note. That looks to be caused by a conflict with your theme; while we can’t provide direct support to non-PRO users I have asked our developer Jonah to take a look and see if he has any suggestions right off the bat. If he has anything to offer up on that front I’ll have him respond here directly.

Werner: is it possible you could avoid problems by switching to another template, under Settings -> The Events Calendar? IE if you’re on the default events template, switching to the default page template (or vice versa)? If not I’ll dig through the older forum posts to see if anyone else had issues along these lines.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • The topic ‘Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First’ is closed to new replies.