Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Jonah
    Participant

Hi Hoosier, you should just need to change the width of the div containing the calendar. Right now it’s set to 80% and if I change this to 79%, the calendar lines up where it should be. I’m not sure where this is in your theme files, you’ll need to find it and adjust accordingly. Here is a screenshot of the div: http://cl.ly/2y4104023Q1U2p1K1G0y

Regards,
    Jonah

Kelvin

I recently installed Events Calendar for a test run and I’m having a padding issue where the content is touching the edge of the main content box. Is there a way to add padding in the event css or theme css ?

Rob

Hey Kelvin. You should be able to modify what you’re looking for in the “Resources” folder within the plugin. Does that help?

Caroline

Hi there!

I’m a web developer at the University of Maine and we’re interested in Events Calendar PRO. I have a couple accounts questions before we purchase:

Do you offer educational or non-profit pricing?

Is the license renewal price the same each year?

And I’m curious as to what qualifies as one site. We have a development server and a live server. We’d want to create and test our new calendar on the development server before migrating to the live server. Does this count as two sites?

Many thanks and happy holidays!

Rob

Hey Caroline. Thanks for the note! We definitely offer non-profit organizations access to the plugin for free. Shoot me a note (rob at tri.be) and we can work out the specifics.

The license renewal price will be the same each year, yes…but non-profits are exempt from that so you should be fine if we take that route.

Generally, “One site” covers both your dev server and live site. Since you can link and unlink the license key on a whim, and since the license key isn’t even required to run the plugin anyway (it just is needed for support + updates), you could bypass plugging it on the dev site entirely and just use it on live…you’d be fine.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have other questions. Thanks for your interest!

John Donovan

Before I purchase Events Calendar Pro could tell me if this product is compatible with Thesis? Thanks!

Rob

Hey John. Thesis was one of the themes we tested against during the beta stages, and got it pretty smoothly integrated. That being said there is – depending on the specifics of your install – always a chance that you’ll have to do some customization on your end. We’re happy to help all PRO users with that to the extend we can here in the forums; and if you aren’t satisfied with the finished product, you’re always entitled to a refund if you deem it appropriate.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

rePlay

I’m looking for a new Calendar Plugin & I checked the FAQ already. I use “WP to Twitter” plugin & wanted to know if your plugin will support compatibility for this in the future. Or if the Pro version is already compatible?

Rob

Hi rePlay. Thanks for your interest. Have you tried the “WP to Twitter” against the free The Events Calendar, our OS counterpart to PRO? If it works with the free version it should work with PRO. And if you purchase PRO only to find that the plugin you wanted to run it alongside causes a conflict, we’re always willing to give refunds as requested. Let me know if you have any other questions along these lines.

Ralph

I am thinking of upgrading to PRO but I have 2 little issues with the free version: Is there a way to show an agenda with let’s say 7 events in an overview? The other issue is that every time I enter the event location details or event organizer details, then hit publish those details show up correctly. But when I go back into editing an event I have to start from scratch as everything defaults to United States and blank fields. Is there a way to make this information ‘sticky’? Has this been resolved in the PRO version?

rePlay

Hello Rob thanks for the reply. The Free version can send an automatic tweet(I think) but the text box for custom tweets doesn’t show up. I write a custom tweet for each scheduled post, & for example my SEO plugin’s text box does show up in the Free versions Post UI.

Rob

Ralph: it sounds like on the overview front, what you’re looking for is more along the lines of our Conference Manager add-on. That’s still in early stages; we just shared the early comps on Twitter yesterday: https://twitter.com/#!/justlikeair/status/161945051042299904. On your other issue: that location/organizer bug is a weird one that’s still impacting some users in 2.0.3, but it’s a moot point in PRO…PRO saves it’s venue/organizer data so they’re stored as separate entries and the disappear problem shouldn’t occur. (If you find it does, you can always reach out to me for a refund and I’ll process you one).

rePlay: thanks for confirming. My guess is you’d have the same experience you’re having with free in PRO. You’re welcome to give it a shot and I can get you a refund if it doesn’t work, but I’m pretty certain it won’t. We’re changing our templating structure for the 2.1 release which may help there…but no guarantees, since it’s near impossible to make the plugin play nicely with everything else out there. Apologies that I couldn’t offer up more here.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions.

replay
    Participant

Just an update it was the twitter plugin. I changed plugins to a commercial plugin & it worked way better & was completely compatible. Also I finally bought the Pro version. I don’t want to turn any of your potential buyers off. Eagerly awaiting the Community Events Addition

Rob

Thanks for confirming, replay. Glad to hear that wasn’t a bug with the plugin itself, but rather a conflict with another. Hopefully in 2.1 – since we’re changing the templating system quite a bit – it’ll integrate smoother with plugins like that one.

Community Events is just around the corner 🙂 We’re awaiting it’s release too, seems there’s a lot of demand there and can’t wait to see how our users respond.

E B

I was looking for a demo of the admin end of things so that I could see whether this would work for scheduling fixed-term courses.

Any insight on that?

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 88 total)
  • The topic ‘Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First’ is closed to new replies.