Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Hey EB, thanks for the note. The best I can offer up on this would be to install the free The Events Calendar, as the backend’s are pretty much identical (PRO just has a few additional options). Fixed term courses would be doable as standalone events in The Events Calendar; if you wanted them to recur, you would need the extra recurrence setting that is only available to PRO users. But if you wanted a couple examples of how those recurrence options appear I could probably point you in the right direction.

KKTHXBYE

Hi,

I have problems using your plugin, with obox mobile. The event pages are not showing up on the mobile version of the page.
    Any idea, what might be wrong?

Rob

Hi there kthxbye. It’s very possible there is a conflict with Obox Mobile (I’m assuming that’s another plugin). We haven’t done anything to optimize the plugin for mobile yet on our end so it’s definitely possible that if you’re using a third-party plugin here, it could be creating an issue. Does that sound like it could be possible?

Robert Stoeber

I’m working with a yacht club where we need volunteers to sign up to work at various events. For example, every weekend during the summer we need one person to work mornings and one person to work afternoons helping incoming visitors tie up their boat at the dock. I’m wondering if anyone has done something like that with Event Calendar Pro. This plugin might be overkill for our needs, but I’d like to have a real calendar to clearly show which shifts (events in your terminology) have a volunteer already signed up.

I’m thinking that it should be possible to create a recurring event for every Saturday morning, and another event for every Saturday afternoon. Each event would be open to just a single person to sign up. We would do the same with Sunday. Does that make any kind of sense?

If we got this far and it still makes sense, can the calendar show different types/categories of events in different colors? Can the calendar show the “closed” events, those which have reached the maximum number of people signed up, even if that is just one?

Rob

Hey Robert. Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like what you’re trying to accomplish could be done using either the Eventbrite Ticketing add-on or the Community Events add-on. (Neither of those currently require PRO to operate; so long as you have the free The Events Calendar plugin you’ll be set). Eventbrite Ticketing will allow users to buy tickets or RSVP (in the form of “buying” a free ticket) to given events; Community Events will let you have frontend forms where users can submit event data. The recurrence options you want are the only that would require PRO.

The calendar (both the free core version and the PRO release) can allow for color-coding of categories, but it requires some customization on your end. We’ve put together a little tutorial on this: https://theeventscalendar.com/coloring-your-category-events/. Closed events are possible but are limited to WordPress’ “closed” functionality as it operates on regular Posts.

Hope that helps. If you’ve got other questions here, do let me know.

Dave Jampole

I set up some events in the non-Pro version in a WordPress website theme I’m porting over from hand coding to see how the product works and looks. I have a few pre-sale questions:

1. Can the country be left off an event information?
    2. Can event start and end times be listed as ‘8 Mar 11:00 am to (or -) 2:00 pm’ rather than ‘8 Mar 2012 11:00 am – 8 Mar 2012 2:00 pm’, leaving off the double date?
    3. Can we use ‘Noon’ and ‘Midnight’ rather than ’12:00 am’ and ’12:00 pm’?
    4. On the home page, I get a listing of the events rather than the calendar, which I much prefer, but it looks like all events that I enter in the calendar will display all at one time. Is there a way to limit that list to, say, three or four months worth of events?
    5. When I click on an event name in a page, I’m taken to the Chapter-event/bod-meeting page; if I click on ‘View All Events’ in a page, the full-page calendar displays. Then, when I click on an event I’m taken to the same Chapter-event/bod-meeting page. On that page, there is a list of more content than I want – specifically ‘Edit’, ‘Pages’, Archives’ and ‘Categories’. When I want is that when a visitor clicks on an event they see the details of that event, period.

Sorry for being so long-winded, but inquiring minds ……. (you know the rest).

Dave

Rob

Hey Dave, sure thing On these:

1. Yes, you can add as much or as little country data on each entry as you want. The venue details save so you can always go back to the saved entry and add/remove whatever you want; it’ll be automatically applied to all events at that venue.
    2. The display settings are controlled entirely by WordPress’ date & time settings as configured under Settings –> General. If you can figure out how to format it (this should help: http://codex.wordpress.org/Formatting_Date_and_Time) it will carry over to then calendar as well.
    3. See #2 above. I don’t believe WordPress allows for that but I haven’t looked into it. You may be able to hack something together if not, but it isn’t a function directly out of the box.
    4. The only way to control how events appear in the default list view is the #, which is set by your overall WordPress settings for any blog loop. if you want to customize the output you can do so using template tags, we’ve got some documentation on how they work at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation.
    5. Not sure I understand this one entirely, but if I do it’s a likely a product of your theme or the template settings. First thing I’d check is under Settings -> The Events Calendar, one of the other options in the template dropdown resolves that issue.

Let me know if you need any elaboration on the points above, happy to answer whatever I can. Thanks for your interest.

Melanie

Hi! I’m interested in your product but I need the ability for users to submit events themselves. Is this possible?

Thanks!
    Melanie

Rob

Hi Melanie! Thanks for your interest. The Community Events add-on will allow for this: frontend users, anonymous or logged in, can submit events that you approve/publish. It should be out in mid-March, once we can get this final wave of bugs ironed out.

Let me know if you’ve got other questions along these lines.

Cara P

Hi.

I installed the OS version of the Events Calendar and looks great so far. I run an events “directory” that posts event hosted by many organizations. I’m attempting to migrate into WP as I’m using a very manual process right now. It looks like Community Events will solve my needs of having other people submit events for posting. I’m considering upgrading to Pro for a few more features but need to understand the following:

I need to be able to show lists of events by the host/organizer. I’m thinking I may have to fake it with the venue based on what I’ve seen so far.

Can I add custom fields to the organizer records (more details like twitter links, etc)?

Has there been any testing with the caching plug-ins. That’s my next test since most of the posts will change infrequently.

Thanks!
    – Cara

Rob

Hi there Cara. Glad to hear you’re enjoying the OS version! To answer your questions here:

1. At this point, you’re correct that no frontend organizer view exists. That will probably be coming down the road (during the 2.1 lifecycle) and I believe a few users have found a way to hack it together. But faking with venues would definitely be easiest.

2. No, but since organizer information displays up with the rest of the event metadata, it all flows together and venue/organizer data appears alongside date, time, etc. Custom fields appear up there too.

3. On the caching front: I believe we have received a few reports of a conflict with WP Super Cache, which I haven’t been able to verify on my end. But otherwise we haven’t done much testing against caching plugins on our end.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, just ask.

Ruud

Hello,

i’m testing the free version on an eventlisting website i’m building. I’m only using the event list and not the calendar. But events do not disappear after the end date has passed. Does the full version have this option?

Check it out here

http://www.uitinrooi.nl/eve/?tribe_events_cat=agenda

Rob

Hey Ruud. Interesting issue. That’s not a default behavior of the plugin (in free or PRO), so it sounds like something else is at play here. If you want to post that as a new thread on the WordPress.org forum for this plugin I can definitely get a dev on our end to take a look/try to point you in the right direction.

I will note that there are some problems with sites not running with pretty permalinks (which seems to be the case for yours). Would you be willing to try a switch to a different permalink structure (ie /%postname%/) to see if the issue persists?

Katrina

Hi Rob,

I am a web developer working with a non-profit organization in re-vamping their site. They are interested in purchasing the Events Calender Pro and had a few questions before making the purchase.

I did find the answers I was looking for but noticed that you had stated in a previous question, you “offer non-profit organizations access to the plugin for free.” As well as, “The license renewal price will be the same each year, yes…but NON-PROFITS are exempt from that so you should be fine if we take that route.”

I was wondering how would my client go about receiving the Pro plugin for free?

Rob

Hey Katrina. Thanks for reaching out! If you shoot an email to pro /a/ tri.be referencing the non-profit agreement and giving us a bit of information about the non-profit, we’ll hook you up.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • The topic ‘Got A Pre-Sale Question? Check the FAQ First’ is closed to new replies.