Facebook events not importing to aggregator

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook events not importing to aggregator

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    jskk123
    Participant

This problem started after latest updates to pro & community events – as far as I can tell. I CAN import manually. It seems as though many but not all are failing with red circle ! error with message “There may be an issue with the Event Aggregator server. Please try your import again later.” Sometimes when I click “run import” it will run successfully, sometimes it just continues to fail.

Under Help/Aggregator:
    Event Aggregator System Status

License & Usage
    License Key Your license is valid
    Current usage 0 imports used out of 0 available today You have reached your daily import limit. Scheduled imports will be paused until tomorrow.

Import Services
    Server Connection Not connected to https://ea.theeventscalendar.com/ The server is not currently responding
    Scheduler Status WP Cron enabled

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-aggregator-and-facebook-no-complete-imports/

jskk123
    Participant

This reply is private.

jskk123
    Participant

Sometimes when I click on “edit” a scheduled import and click Preview, it gives this error (but not always)
    “There was an error fetching the results from your import: There may be an issue with the Event Aggregator server. Please try your import again later.”

Cliff

Hi, JSK. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

I see you’re not using the latest version of The Events Calendar, and we recently released some Event Aggregator fixes.

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

jskk123
    Participant

I had the latest plugins when I reported this and now have updated to the newest versions. The same exact problem still occurs. You can use the login info I’ve provided to check it out. I’m sure you realize this is a royal pain for us that have the issue… thanks for your prompt attention.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by jskk123.
    Cliff

In your wp-admin, I saw as of now you used 1 of 100 available today.

In your initial message here, it said, “You have reached your daily import limit.”

Are you sometimes using all of your Event Aggregator limit on some days? Do you think that message was accurate at the time?

===

All that said, several users have reported scheduled Facebook imports not working. We released some fixes, and we’re trying to figure out how to further resolve this for those who said it’s still not working, as in your case.

I’ll report this to our developers and mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Cliff

Oh, and I’d also suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release is out containing various improvements for Events Aggregator. Here’s a breakdown of what’s been released:

• Fix – Avoid Event Aggregator previews or scheduled imports being marked as failures.
    • Fix – Fixed an issue that would sometimes render Event Aggregator options invalid even with a valid license.
    • Fix – Fixed an issues where Event Aggregator scheduled imports could not run other than manually.
    • Tweak – Improve Event Aggregator message regarding Facebook token expiration.
    • Tweak – Support importing from URLs (Event Aggregator) where the protocol hasn’t been specified by defaulting to HTTP.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_aggregator_meta_source to filter the Event Aggregator import source.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_events_linked_post_meta_values_{$current_linked_post_meta_key} for filtering the array of values retrieved for a specific linked post meta field.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-21-august-2017/

Please update The Events Calendar to the latest version, give it a few hours and let us know how things go. If you are still having troubles be sure to report back to us including system information, a detailed description of the issue (if it has changed in anyway since the original report) and steps to reproduce if possible. We are aware some setups might still need adjustments!

Thanks for the patience while we worked on these issues,
    Best,
    Nico

jskk123
    Participant

Nope. This release doesn’t cut it either. I updated on 8/26 to TEC 4.5.11, PRO 4.4.16 and Community 4.5.5
    of my 60 scheduled imports slated to update daily, none say they have updated since 8/26. The ones I just tried to run manually SAY they don’t work.

After closer checking, it appears that at least several ARE working, just none of them say that they are and it’s frustrating to have to check all of my 60+ venues…

I can import an event manually, so that’s something. I cannot go to edit/preview on a scheduled import and see anything. it says there is nothing to import on any of them.

jskk123
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

I looked at your EA license key’s import activity, and I see nothing but successes.

I logged into your wp-admin and it displayed errors (red) next to imports that had zero new events. And these imports ran recently (e.g. 8 minutes ago, an hour ago, etc).

This bug (appearing as an error when really it was that no new events were found) was supposedly fixed recently, but obviously not in your situation.

Do you think the imports actually are not failing even though the messaging seems to indicate that they did?

Mr
    Participant

I too have had all sorts of problems since the recent updates.
    What worked for me was to go through each scheduled import and re-save them.
    Go to edit and copy the URL and keep it handy, then delete that scheduled import.
    Go to new import, select the type of import (scheduled) etc and paste in the URL and press preview. Then save scheduled import
    Hopefully should work again.
    If so will have to repeat for all your other scheduled imports

Cliff

Thanks for helping, @ybapubs!

Great suggestion.

jskk123
    Participant

@ybapubs had a great suggestion, TOO BAD IT DOESN’T WORK! I am about to lose my mind with this plugin. It still doesn’t work – this has literally been going on for months. it seemed like it was working briefly after deleting & re-creating scheduled imports but today it gives the error: “The daily limit of 100 import requests to the Event Aggregator service has been reached. Please try again later.”

Sorry, but there is no way I’ve imported 100 events today. I import from 60 different venues and only about 10-15 of them regularly have 1-2 events per week. I just updated TEC & TECPro and it still doesn’t work. Will this EVER work? It used to work so well. WHAT NEXT? HOW DO I GET THIS WORKING?

Cliff

Sorry for the frustration.

Please reference https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregators-import-limits-work/ — it’s not a limit of the number of events to import but the number of sources and how many times those are checked.

Please let me know if you have follow-up questions about Event Aggregator after reviewing this article.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook events not importing to aggregator’ is closed to new replies.