Eventbrite import error

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite import error

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tina!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, where we included a new Import Process System setting that allows you to select whether you want your imports to be processed Asynchronously or using the cron-based system. You can find this setting under Events > Settings > Imports tab under the Global Import Settings section.

If you are experiencing problems with your imports, please try using the cron-based system.

Also, if you were using the code snippet to use the cron-based imports system, please remove it and use this setting instead.

Additionally, we added an option to stop and clear all current asynchronous import processes by using the Stop current processes option.

You can find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-9-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know how it works for you.

Best,
    Victor

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Sky,

I have gone through the steps recommended in your last communication and am now waiting for the migration to complete (see attached image). When this is done, can you send me the correct coding I need to add into my landing page in order to display the Events Calendar?

Thank you,
    Tina

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

To add the calendar to your homepage, you will need to use the “tribe_events” shortcode. You can read more about how to use this here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Sky

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

See attached to accompany previous message.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Were you able to successfully import the events? Did that message eventually go away?

Let me know how it went.

Thanks,
    Sky

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

YES!!! I have made some progress in my staging environment(very excited)! The issue I am having now is that I am using a “list” view, however, the shortcode instructions do not indicate how do so, I tried:

[tribe_events view=”list” limit-“4”]

But I seeing a rather a long list. Do you know what I am missing in the shortcode?

-Tina

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Ignore typo above, the shortcode I am using: [tribe_events view=”list” limit=”4″]

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Awesome! I’m glad to hear that you’re making progress.

Unfortunately, there is not currently a “limit” parameter for the tribe_events shortcode. There is however, a setting that controls the number of posts per page that will show up in list view. In Events > Settings > General > “Number of events to show per page” you can set this to the number you’d like.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Sky

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Sky,

That worked! Question on that, however, is it safe to assume that as the events expire, they will drop off and the next event in line will appear?

Also, all appears to working in my staging environment so I plan to start working on our live site. So stay tuned!

-Tina

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Tina,

Yes, that is how the calendar views work.

Good luck with the live site!

Thanks,
    Sky

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

There should be a ticket form right on the single event page, negating the need to even go to Eventbrite.

Is that event connected to Eventbrite, or did you just import it? Is the event public? For tickets to show, the event needs to public. Or, there is an extension that allows you to display non-public event tickets here: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/eventbrite-additional-options/

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
    Sky

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Sky,

We WANT to drive people directly to the Eventbrite registration page (it is live and publicly accessible).This is why I want to direct users from step 1 to 3 as stated in my previous message. Can you provide instructions on this?

-Tina

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks for the clarification. This is not something our plugin has the ability to do by default. However, it is possible with a little customization.

Please add the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php file or a functionality plugin, minus the opening PHP tags.

https://gist.github.com/skyshab/d5c063f32ef3d95359082a542555a3bd

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
    Sky

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Sky,

I would like to try your last suggestion with the snippet, however, I will need more detailed/step-by-step instructions please.

Many thanks,
    -Tina

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite import error’ is closed to new replies.