Eventbrite import error

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite import error

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Sky,

I have another question as well. I am not sure why the header is appearing twice on calendar view (see attached).

-Tina

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

You can read more about adding custom code snippets here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/implementing-custom-code-snippets/ If you are still unsure how to proceed after reading this, I would recommend hiring a PHP developer to help with your modifications.

For the other issue, can you please created a new ticket for this? We try to keep support threads focused on a single issue, and this thread is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Thanks,
    Sky

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Sky,

Unfortunately, when attempting to replicate the process of integration on our live site, the same (and original) error continues to occur.

Suggestions? We are beyond frustrated at this point.

-Tina

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Tina,

Can you explain the problem you are having? There have been quite a few topics discussed here, so I’m not sure what error you are referring to.

Thanks,
    Sky

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Sky,

We are basically back to square one. We are still unable to successfully import/migrate our Events Calendar and Eventbrite events on our live site. In short, the process I went through to configure our Eventbrite Tickets on our staging site, only pulled events from three school when I attempted the same process on our live site.

So I went back to staging and started over again with the entire process and cannot get anything to show up. When attempting to import Eventbrite events, I get the following:
    “Unable to process this import – a breakage or conflict may have resulted in the import halting.”

We are very frustrated at this point and need a solution.

-Tina

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I’m sorry to hear of your frustration.

It sounds like your live site is working, but just isn’t pulling in all the events that you expect?

Can you tell me what you have set in Events > Settings > Imports > “Import Limit Type” and if applicable, also for “Import Date Range Limit”?

Can you also tell me when the events that aren’t importing take place?

Thanks,
    Sky

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Well, from your settings, it will only import events from the next 30 days. To grab more events at a time, increase the Date Range Limit to encompass the events that you want to import.

The setting in the screenshot is normal. The Eventbrite plugin uses the Aggregator service for importing events. The Green “your license is valid” means you have a valid connection through the Eventbrite extension. But since you are not using the actual Event Aggregator extension nothing is returned for this in the help panel. I see the same thing on my working test install.

Where are you seeing the error message “Unable to process this import – a breakage or conflict may have resulted in the import halting.” ? Is this on the staging site or on the live site?

Thanks,
    Sky

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Sky,

Ok, sounds like we may be getting a little closer.

1. Since the “Date range limit” can easily be adjusted, we can fix that one.

2. Not sure what this means or if we need to be concerned about it? Can you clarify?
    “But since you are not using the actual Event Aggregator extension nothing is returned for this in the help panel. I see the same thing on my working test install.”

3. “Unable to process this import – a breakage or conflict may have resulted in the import halting.” ? Is this on the staging site or on the live site?
    This message appears in both staging and live after attempting to actually import.

If we can figure out why the “Unable to process…” issue is happening, we can quickly adjust the date range. Is there anything you are seeing or need to see to help figure out the problem?

Thanks again!
    -Tina

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

1. Great!
    2. Don’t worry about this. This is for a different product that you don’t have.
    3. “Unable to process this import ..” Can you try changing the setting in Events > Settings > Imports > “Import Process System” from “Asynchronous” to “Cron Based” and see if that allows you to import?

Thanks,
    Sky

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Sky,

Ok, I have made the switch from “Asynchronous” to “Cron Based”. When I click on Preview in Events Import, I only have a handful of our Eventbrite events showing up in WordPress. Questions for you (I have printed out all the instructions you previously sent but I to confirm what should I be selecting at these options:

Import Type:
    -One-Time Import
    OR
    -Scheduled Import

Import Source:
    -Import from your Eventbrite account
    OR
    -Import from Eventbrite URL

-Tina

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Great! It sounds like it’s working.

Import Type: Do you want this to run on a scheduled interval, or just once?

Import Source: You could use either method here. People sometimes have issues with the former, so if that that doesn’t work for you, try just entering the Eventbrite URL to the main page for the organization.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
    Sky

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Sky,

In thinking this through (and trying to come at this from every angle), could part of the problem be that we have well over 50 events that need to be imported? I see this statement at the bottom of the import events page in WordPress:

Eventbrite imports can fetch up to 50 events from your source.

And on my current import list, there are 50 events dating from December 2018 through May 2019 but this is not an inclusive list of everything within that date range nor does it include the several other events that are scheduled between October 2018 and November 2018.

I wish there was another/faster way we could work through this. I feel like this issue could probably have been resolved if you and I were able to walk through it in real time.

Thanks, as always for your help.

-Tina

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Sky,

In response to these items:

1. Import Type: Do you want this to run on a scheduled interval, or just once?
    Once is fine, however, if we have to alter an event for any reason (i.e., time or date), wouldn’t I need the imports to be updated?

2. Import Source: You could use either method here. People sometimes have issues with the former, so if that that doesn’t work for you, try just entering the Eventbrite URL to the main page for the organization.
    When you say, Eventbrite URL, are you referring to the page with all of my events within Eventbrite or referring to each individual Eventbrite event’s URL?

Thanks again!
    Tina

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

1) You can create a scheduled event and set the type to “on demand” and then just run it manually as needed.

2) Yes, your main Eventbrite page url should import any events you have on Eventbrite. You can also target individual events by entering the specific event URL here.

Thanks,
    Sky

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite import error’ is closed to new replies.