The Events Calendar 5.1.6 features the addition of some updates for our Events Calendar Pro users, as well as improvements to CSV import functionality.
This is a minor release that should be smooth sailing when updating. That said, it’s always a good idea to backup your site and test changes in a development environment before installing this on your live site, as you would with any other WordPress update.
New features included in this release
- We now include Virtual Events information when exporting events via the Export Events and iCal and Google Calendar export buttons.
- We have made it easier for our users to manage venues and organizers through CSV imports.
- We have added the ability to use default values from settings for venue imports via the
- We have replaced the placeholders in our template files with appropriate links to be the actual URLs for the articles.
Bugs that were squashed in this release
- We resolved an issue that was causing SQL errors that would show up when creating custom Event queries in theme builders.
- We have fixed SQL errors that would show up when running custom Event queries in plugins.
- We also fixed SQL errors that would prevent customers from being able to select tickets assigned to Events in some instances.
- We now allow our CSV import users to “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source.” under Events > Settings > Imports.
- When re-importing a CSV, we have enabled excerpt and description fields to be cleared of their values.
- We have resolved an issue so that on re-import, we only overwrite items that have been mapped.
Updated language files and strings
- Language – 32 new strings added, 75 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 28 obsoleted