Unable to login to Facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Unable to login to Facebook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    petitmill
    Participant

Dear Dir / Madam,

Just start using “Event Aggregator” facebook add-on (previously using “facebook events”). While I follow the steps to login to Facebook, “404 error” occurs with the following link.
    http://…domain…/wp-admin/edit.php?page=aggregator&post_type=tribe_events&ea-fb-token=new

May you please help about this issue? Please let me know if more information needed.
    Thank you! : )

Best Regards,
    Petit

Hunter

Hello 🙂

Sorry to see you’re having troubles connecting Event Aggregator to Facebook. Before we proceed, I see you checked ‘Yes’ to reverting back to the default WordPress theme and deactivating all plugins other than ours as instructed in the Testing for conflicts guide, but can you please confirm this?

I’d also like to provide some relative information on connecting EA to Facebook, so please skim over to make sure you followed the process properly:

Configuring Facebook Events
    Facebook Events: API errors

Please keep me updated and have a pleasant rest of your day!

petitmill
    Participant

Hello Hunter!

Thanks for your reply!
    Yes I have followed 3 steps of Testing for conflicts guide” but it’s still not working.
    By going through “Configuring Facebook Events”, but in “setting > API” section there is no space for entering App ID and secret. (Please see attached)
    May you advise?

Thank you!

Regards,
    Petit

Hunter

Do you see any errors in your browser console? Please review our Using Google Chrome Developer Tools tutorial for more info and please let me know what you find out.

Please also make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. Again, please share any errors with me.

Thank you and have a good afternoon 🙂

petitmill
    Participant

Thanks Hunter for your reply!

The problem is resolved. It’s a very strange solution…

After clicking “Connect to facebook” button, the url directs here:
    http://…domain…/wp-admin/edit.php?page=aggregator&post_type=tribe_events&ea-fb-token=new

I added the folder “blog” (all wordpress files are moved here) and works now.
    http://…domain…/blog/wp-admin/edit.php?page=aggregator&post_type=tribe_events&ea-fb-token=new

Thank you so much for your attention. : )

Regards,
    Petit

Hunter

Thank you for further clarifying! I actually had a hunch your issue had to do with the folder structure – we have a bug report logged relating to this issue but don’t have much information on the matter, so your response will be very helpful to the developers!

Thank you for letting me know the issue has been resolved and please feel free to create a new thread if you have any more questions or comments. Take care!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to login to Facebook’ is closed to new replies.