Ticket Purchases Don’t Show Up On Event Page

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Ticket Purchases Don’t Show Up On Event Page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    ocst
    Participant

Hi Team,

I am having an issue where the ticket purchases (which would normally show in a frame at the bottom of the event page) don’t show up on the event page at all. See these past threads for the exact same issue:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/tickets-not-showing-on-a-single-event/#post-1007477
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/eventbrite-tickets-not-showing-on-an-event/#post-1085569
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/eventbrite-tickets-not-showing-on-events/#post-1108394

Can you please advise what’s required to investigate this? It has re-occurred over and over again, but remains unsolved for me (despite the last comment in this thread.

Geoff B.

Good evening James and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

First off, I am sorry to hear that this is still ongoing for you. I remember helping you out with this in the past.
    I would love to dig deeper on this topic.

Full disclosure, as you know, over the last couple of months, we did several adjustments to our Eventbrite plugin to match the ongoing changes at Eventbrite.

I would like to be able to verify a couple of things on your website, but it looks like whatever I click on, I am being redirected to the login page. I am not sure if this intended behaviour, but if so, would it be possible to have non-admin temporary credentials to look at the events ? (in a private reply)

Secondly, can you tell me if all is good in Events -> Settings -> APIs (is the authorization and key functional) on your install ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

ocst
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

ocst
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

ocst
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by ocst.
    Geoff B.

This reply is private.

ocst
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening James,

Thank you for this.

It allowed me to run some additional tests. It turns out the culprit is the Privacy setting of the event.
    You can test that out by making the event public on Eventbrite.

This immediately restores the ticket on your site.

I will open a ticket for this.

Hang tight!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good evening James,

As it turns out, hiding the purchase form when the event is labeled Private is intended behaviour.
    So this is not a bug.

Unfortunately, Eventbrite’s current API does not allow us to display the ticket purchases with that privacy setting.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

ocst
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for clarifying.

In this case, it is almost like a silent failure. The privacy settings are so that the event is not searchable on the Eventbrite site, but obviously I advertise the events on my own site.

Could there perhaps be an enhancement to the product to just display a link to the Eventbrite page when the API does not allow showing the ticket bookings directly?

Thanks
    James

Geoff B.

Good afternoon James,

That is a great suggestion.
    I will open up a ticket for that feature request.

It is too bad that there is an API limitation preventing us from providing you with the choice to display the ticket form in spite of the privacy setting.
    I can totally see how some people who are in the same position as you are would benefit from that.

In fact, you can suggest it or cast your vote on other features in our User Voice forum. The more votes a feature request gets, the faster it gets prioritized.

I would also recommend bringing up your use case to the good folks at Eventbrite. Perhaps making an event simply not searchable instead of Private would do the trick ?

Is there anything else I can help you with on this topic ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

ocst
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Do you know if there’s an open enhancement request for this, or should I raise a new one?

Also, I’m happy to fire an email to Eventbrite (which hopefully puts more pressure on them to add this feature to their API), but can you provide me any more details or where you found out this information in their API documentation so I can check through it myself and send them a more meaningful email?

Thanks,
    James

Geoff B.

Good afternoon James,

I have opened an internal feature proposal ticket for this, but there is no public / open enhancement request available at this point.
    This is why I am suggesting you open one on our User Voice channel, it has a better chance of gaining traction that way than being just an internal ticket.

I will have to get back to you on where the API limitation sits as I am not the programmer involved on this project.

Thank you for your awesome engagement.

More on that tomorrow.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Purchases Don’t Show Up On Event Page’ is closed to new replies.