So frustrated. I want a refund on at least 2 plugins.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO So frustrated. I want a refund on at least 2 plugins.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    suzinoyes
    Participant
    1. The search bar does not work. It is missing the “search button.” I am not going to revert back to 2016 wordpress to see if it is there, as suggested. My designer and host said your plugins should work without regressing to older WP versions. I should not have to buy another plugin – the funnel – to have a pro feature work.
    2. I also tickets plus. I bought it so my group could RSVP. It has been a DISASTER. If you read through all your help docs, it says to make sure under general settings that anyone can register in order to turn it on. When you do that, you give people access to your BACK END. The last rep who tried to help me on this issue said people do not have to sign in to register. Ok, if they don’t then how do they go back and change it if they are not going anymore? I am having people ask me left and right to change their RSVPs. They should have access to the event – not MY SITE. It should not be this hard. Also, with tickets plus, there should be a place for emails, phone numbers, and comments – for the people who RSVP.

3. Duplicates. I already cleaned them up. However, I had about 4 sets of event duplicates. When you import them from FB, it seems like you just add more even if the event is already there. If someone makes a mistake in FB and deletes one and adds it again, there should only be one event – the new one. I should not have to clean it up at this rate.

4. Community events. I run a group of 1600 local parents with kids on the spectrum. FREE – going on my 10th year. I am not a non-profit. When I bought the community events, I bought so others in my group could add events. One, your instructions on adding a link for others to add an event is not clear. Two, the community events does not include an RSVP. We are NOT collecting money for these events. We just need to put caps on the number of people who join. I should not have to buy another plugin for this. Also, in community events, you add a space for cost. Why isn’t that in tickets plus????

I am so disappointed. To spend all this time and to be told to revert back to old WPs. I want HELP. I deactivated my plugins previously. It did nothing.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry that you’re still running into issues, but I’ll be happy to help you get them resolved.

Regarding the search bar, I see that Jaime is helping you with this over in this thread. Just to clarify, you do not need to revert back to an older version of WordPress. Jaime was referring to temporarily switching to a default environment, meaning a default theme (like Twenty Seventeen) and disabling all other plugins besides The Events Calendar (simultaneously). From there, you can re-enable things one by one until the issue reappears (meaning that the Find Events button disappears again). This will help us identify any conflicts that might be interfering with the button. No need to change your version of WordPress! Sorry for the confusion there. An alternative method to check for conflicts would be to use a third-party plugin like Health Check, as Jaime mentioned previously.

With Event Tickets/Event Tickets Plus, you do not need to require users to login to RSVP/purchase tickets, but if you want them to be able to edit their information later, then you will need to require them to login. However, they do not need to have access to the backend of your site – this depends on the role that is assigned to their account. You can read more about how the WordPress user roles work here. Users should be able to register with the “Subscriber” role, but this role does not give them access to the backend of your site.

When attendees RSVP for an event, they should have to enter their name and email by default, in order to complete the registration. If you want to collect additional information from attendees, like phone numbers, then you can create custom fields on the tickets.

Regarding duplicate events, it looks like Jaime is helping you with this issue as well over in this thread. If an event has already been imported, then it should be updated with any changes made in the original source the next time you import from that source (provided that you have the “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source” option selected for Facebook imports under Events > Settings > Imports – see screenshot). However, if the original event has been deleted and recreated in Facebook, then a new event will be imported and the one that you previously had in your site would need to be removed manually.

Finally, for Community Events, you can add link to add an event to your menu or anywhere else on your site – the link will be yoursite.com/events/community/add by default, but you can also find it directly by going to Events > Community: Submit Event from the WordPress admin menu (see screenshot). You can then create it as a menu item or copy/paste it on a page on your site.

You do need Community Tickets in order for users to add RSVPs to their events that they create from the front end form, even if you are not charging for the tickets.

The default “Cost” field is disabled when Event Tickets Plus or Eventbrite Tickets is activated (to avoid confusion for users), but you can re-enable it with the free extension in this article.

I understand that you are frustrated, and I’m sorry that you’ve had such a hard time getting up and running with everything! I am more than happy to help you get everything figured out – please let me know if the above helps and if you still have any questions 🙂

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘So frustrated. I want a refund on at least 2 plugins.’ is closed to new replies.