Scheduled imports not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled imports not working

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

The scheduled imports do not work. They will work if I run them manually. I have noticed that others have reported this issue.

How can this be resolved as I only purched Events Calendear and Agregator to do this function for me!

Mark

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry you’re running into issues with the scheduled imports…could you please send me a link to the source you’re trying to import from so that I can do some testing on my end? Are there multiple sources you’ve tried importing from, and if so, have any of them succeeded?

Also, can you try manually importing from a file to see if you are able to get that to work?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Mark
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

this is the link to my import.. It woks if i do it manually but not via a daily scheduled that i have set up

webcal://www.trainingpeaks.com/ical/CTJIQA2BNIPSC.ics

Here is where the diary is published – http://markjulier.com/trainingpeaks-diary/

a new problem i see after upgrading to your latest today is that it is now importing events in twice for two days as well!!

look forward to your reply.

Mark

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing that link with me. I tested it out (as a daily scheduled import), and it appears to be working on my end. We did just make some adjustments to the EA server to help with a few issues we were seeing with scheduled imports, so would you be able to try again and see if it is working for you now?

I’m sorry to hear about this new issue! It looks like you’re running The Events Calendar 4.5.7 and Pro 4.4.13…could you try updating to the most recent versions (TEC 4.5.8 and Pro 4.4.14)? If you’re not seeing a link to update in your Plugins section, you can update manually by following these instructions.

Also, when this happens, do you mean that when you run the import, 2 copies of the same event are coming in, or that a duplicate is being made of an event that had been previously imported? Does this occur with all of the events, or only certain events?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Mark
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

It’s still not working for myself, events for this week have not been imported. I have now done this manually.

The frequency is set to daily but the “last import” is reported on the 18th July which is when I did this manually. It just seems as though the schedular is just not working. Do you have a log file where errors are reported??

I have now updated to the latest version.

When I run the import two copies seems to be imported. One for the right day and one for the next day. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that they are imported with no specific time on them? Or a time of 00:00? Can you check the .ics file to check? And yes if I run the import again it imports in the events again!! Arghh!!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

I’m sorry to hear you’re still having so many issues with EA! We have been seeing a higher-than-normal number of threads coming in on EA recently and have been actively working on identifying and resolving any issues on the EA server.

I looked up your license in our log, and it looks like there are duplicate scheduled imports being successfully run within a few minutes of each other for that URL – webcal://www.trainingpeaks.com/ical/CTJIQA2BNIPSC.ics (see screenshot). Can you check under Events > Import > Scheduled Imports and see if you have two imports scheduled for it? If you could send me a screenshot of what you see here, that would be helpful as well.

We are working to get any outstanding EA issues resolved on our end as soon as possible, so we appreciate your patience as we work to get this sorted out!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Mark
    Participant

Hi, from what I can see I only have one scheduled import.

And you can see it hasn’t ran for a while.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing that screenshot. I think this may be due to some issues we’ve been having on the EA server. We did just issue a maintenance release this morning that addressed these issues, so can you please try updating to the latest version of The Events Calendar – 4.5.10 – and see if that helps?

I’m sorry for the inconvenience here, but we do appreciate your patience as we work to get these issues resolved. Please let me know how everything is working with the latest version!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Mark
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

i have upgraded and it still is not working. surely this cant be that difficult to get working, im starting to get rather frustrated now as i only bought this software for this function to import and it has never worked.

Please can you let me know where we can go from here.

Mark

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release is out containing various improvements for Events Aggregator. Here’s a breakdown of what’s been released:

• Fix – Avoid Event Aggregator previews or scheduled imports being marked as failures.
    • Fix – Fixed an issue that would sometimes render Event Aggregator options invalid even with a valid license.
    • Fix – Fixed an issues where Event Aggregator scheduled imports could not run other than manually.
    • Tweak – Improve Event Aggregator message regarding Facebook token expiration.
    • Tweak – Support importing from URLs (Event Aggregator) where the protocol hasn’t been specified by defaulting to HTTP.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_aggregator_meta_source to filter the Event Aggregator import source.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_events_linked_post_meta_values_{$current_linked_post_meta_key} for filtering the array of values retrieved for a specific linked post meta field.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-21-august-2017/

Please update The Events Calendar to the latest version, give it a few hours and let us know how things go. If you are still having troubles be sure to report back to us including system information, a detailed description of the issue (if it has changed in anyway since the original report) and steps to reproduce if possible. We are aware some setups might still need adjustments!

Thanks for the patience while we worked on these issues,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled imports not working’ is closed to new replies.