Scheduled and manual imports not working (even after update)

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled and manual imports not working (even after update)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Charles Daly
    Participant

My scheduled imports have not been working in some time. There is another thread that I started for that issue.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/scheduled-imports-not-working-3/

About two weeks ago my manual imports stopped working as well. I waited for the update that came out today and both scheduled and manual are still not working. When I look at the error it say shows the following. I added a screen shot below.

Courtney

Hi Charles

Wow, I’m so sorry about this. Can we try resetting your license? You can view a new license key I created for you at My Account ยป Licenses, but I will also private reply it here for you too.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Courtney

This reply is private.

Charles Daly
    Participant

Thank you for the reply. I entered that license key and tried to run a Facebook import manually. I received the same error.

Courtney

Hi Charles, can you help me troubleshoot this further?

Can you start by going through our Testing for Conflicts Guide https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/?ย  I am wondering if you might have a plugin or theme conflict.ย  Begin by deactivating all other plugins, using a theme such as Twenty Seventeen https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/, and see if the issue still persists. Also, double check for any other updates available (Dashboard ยป Updates).ย 

Would you mind enabling WP_DEBUG and sharing any PHP errors you see while navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket?

Once you share your WP_DEBUG findings, we may be able to get an idea of any plugin or theme conflicts.

Please enable WP_DEBUG on your site. You’ll need to edit to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code: define('WP_DEBUG', false); to this: define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    (or add this line of code if you can’t find mention of ‘WP_DEBUG’ in your wp-config.php file)

If any errors do appear while navigating your site’s pages, please copy and paste them in their entirety into a new ticket reply — along with the URL of where you saw the error(s) — and make sure you set it as a Private reply.

Also, can you check for any Javascript errors? Using Your Browser to Diagnose JavaScript Errors

With all those bits of information, I can escalate this ticket to our developers.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Charles Daly
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

Hi Charles

Oh I am so sorry this is still happening. We are still looking in to this. I have heard from other users that manually importing single events has worked for them, vs the whole page/group or scheduling it. It’s not at all an ideal situation but if it works, it’s far better than nothing.

I’ll keep you posted here on our progress.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Charles Daly
    Participant

Thank you again for the reply. I get an error when done manually as well. In fact, the screen shot I showed originally is the result of a manual request be done. the log is what is I found in the log file. Also since then, it does not appear to be doing auto updates either now. There has been no log file created since 8/9. Also there is no entry on the history tab.

Courtney

Thanks Charles. I am hunting for anything to keep this marginally working until we have a solution. You will be notified as soon as we have that update ready.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Charles Daly
    Participant

I am not sure what I have discovered here, but felt it was important enough to share. One, for those who may be having issues and two, for Modern Tribe to help diagnose the issue.

My scheduled, saved imports have not been working. Then in the last few weeks, even when I would select “import now” (or run now) would not work either. Today, I decided to try and edit the saved imports and hit preview. This would show a result but when I would hit save, I would get the same error. So with a Facebook import, I highlighted the address and deleted the saved import. I then went to set up a new import and pasted in the address. One side note here was that the previous saved address had https://www and the new import only shows an example that does not have the https://www. So I entered it like the sample (facebook.com/bangorbuzz1) I then hit preview and when the results were shown I hit save. The import worked in that moment and I will have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens with the automated schedule time. However, to test the manual, I went to the new saved import and selected “import now” from the newly set up import and I did not get an error that time. I went on to do this with all my saved imports and it appears, for now, to be ok. I will see what tomorrow will bring.

Maybe this will help in figuring out a solution.

Chuck

Courtney

Thank you Charles, please keep me posted on that method. I am very interested to hear if it works.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Charles Daly
    Participant

So just a quick update after 24 hours none of the saved scheduled imports worked. In fact they haven’t even run at all so there’s not even an error log. I just went to run one of the saved inports by clicking run import now and received the original error as posted at the top of this thread.

Courtney

Thanks Charles. ย I’m sorry to hear all attempts at workarounds aren’t working. ย I will be sure you are notified as soon as an update is available.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release is out containing various improvements for Events Aggregator. Here’s a breakdown of what’s been released:

• Fix – Avoid Event Aggregator previews or scheduled imports being marked as failures.
    • Fix – Fixed an issue that would sometimes render Event Aggregator options invalid even with a valid license.
    • Fix – Fixed an issues where Event Aggregator scheduled imports could not run other than manually.
    • Tweak – Improve Event Aggregator message regarding Facebook token expiration.
    • Tweak – Support importing from URLs (Event Aggregator) where the protocol hasn’t been specified by defaulting to HTTP.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_aggregator_meta_source to filter the Event Aggregator import source.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_events_linked_post_meta_values_{$current_linked_post_meta_key} for filtering the array of values retrieved for a specific linked post meta field.

Find out more about this release โ†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-21-august-2017/

Please update The Events Calendar to the latest version, give it a few hours and let us know how things go. If you are still having troubles be sure to report back to us including system information, a detailed description of the issue (if it has changed in anyway since the original report) and steps to reproduce if possible. We are aware some setups might still need adjustments!

Thanks for the patience while we worked on these issues,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled and manual imports not working (even after update)’ is closed to new replies.