Scheduled imports not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled imports not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Charles Daly
    Participant

The scheduled imports do not work. They will work if I run them manually, I had this issue w few weeks ago and the update that came out a couple of weeks ago seemed to work. I have notices this weekend that they are not working again.

Cliff

Hi, Charles. I’m very sorry to hear you’re affected by this bug.

I’d first start by enabling WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and sharing any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Also, there are some additional fixes scheduled to be released soon (I think today or tomorrow — keep an eye out for https://theeventscalendar.com/?p=1300447 to get published)

Please try things out again once you have the newly-released versions. To be honest, this forthcoming update may not actually help in this case, but I want to make sure we’re using the latest versions of everything before proceeding with this troubleshooting.

Again, I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

If the problem does persist, please provide additional details about what you’re experiencing, such as whether or not it’s just the red exclamation point displaying incorrectly or if it’s displaying the error correctly (i.e. the events actually are not being auto-imported as per scheduled).

Thank you.

Charles Daly
    Participant

So I turned on the debug log the day I received your feedback. Since that day I have checked in regularly and had seen no log entry. I ran updates manually and they all ran fine. It still did not attempt to do the scheduled automated updates. Today Iw as running them manually again and got this error.

“2017-06-26 11:23:32″,”Invalid instance of a recurring event was requested ($1) redirecting to $2https://www.bangorbuzz.com/event/yard-sale-3/all/”,warning,Tribe__Events__Pro__Main::detect_recurrence_redirect

That is all the information I have.

Cliff

Could you please send me a screenshot of the wp-admin event edit screen for the https://www.bangorbuzz.com/event/yard-sale-3/all/ event?

Did it come from an import source? If yes, please provide the link.

Charles Daly
    Participant

I have attached screen shots of the event page. The event itself came from an aggregator I use to collect events from this classifieds page. http://classifieds.bangordailynews.com

The specific event link source is no longer valid

Cliff

Thanks, Charles.

I saw “One Event on Invalid date at 8:00AM” in one of your screenshots.

I’d suggest choosing the date it should be and hopefully this was a one-time fluke situation. However, I can’t really tell why it happened if the original/source is no longer available.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Charles Daly
    Participant

The invalidate is shown because this is a past event that is already gone by so when I open up the admin panel it thinks that’s the date that entered which obviously can’t be selected because it’s a past date.

Cliff

I’m sorry, but I didn’t quite follow that.

Are you unable to click the recurrence rules in this event’s wp-admin screen to change its pattern?

Maybe a video screen capture (like with Jing) would help here.

Charles Daly
    Participant

I am sorry, What I was trying to say was that when I opened the event to do the screen shot, the event had already gone by. Therefore, it shows as an invalid date. Regardless, the event and its series has not expired and I have removed it altogether.

Cliff

I understand. Is there anything more I can assist you with on this topic?

Charles Daly
    Participant

Yes the saved scheduled imports are not running automatically I have to run the manually

Cliff

I’m sorry this has been an outstanding issue for so long.

Even after our latest updates, we’ve confirmed this is still happening for some users. One of our senior developers is going to see what more they can do and improvements should be coming in the next release(s).

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience. I extended your Event Aggregator license by 3 months to help compensate for the frustrations and lost time.

Mark
    Participant

Hi Cliff, i also have the same problem as this. I have to run the importer manually which is frustrating. Do you know when i fix will be issued?

Cliff

Mark, I’ve checked with our developers, and this is a high priority issue but they’re struggling to identify the commonalities that may cause this issue.

Could you please create your own new/separate forum thread and include your system information there?

Thank you.

Charles Daly
    Participant

Just FYI, My saved imports still do not update automatically as set in the saved setting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled imports not working’ is closed to new replies.