Reservation tool?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Reservation tool?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    AK

Hi,

Is it relatively easy to make small changes to how the RSVP form works?
    …on the event page we would simply want a form containing name and address for attendee
    (invoice will be sent manually “offline”)

Regarding this message “Please note that at this time, Event Tickets will NOT support RSVP or tickets for recurring events. Please keep this in mind before making your purchase.”
    ..are there any news on this?
    Preferably we would like to use multiple dates for the same event and also the possibility for users to choose and register for specific dates.

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good evening Anders and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

Is it relatively easy to make small changes to how the RSVP form works?

We have built our plugins in a way to make them customizable. So it is relatively simple to change the plugins’ behavior. But you will need to know how to code.

You can read about that here: https://theeventscalendar.com/customizations/

If coding is not really your cup of tea, you could always hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

on the event page we would simply want a form containing name and address for attendee
    (invoice will be sent manually “offline”)

A simple solution would be to grab a copy of Event Tickets Plus (even if you are using only the RSVP functionality). This way you can capture custom attendee info for RSVP tickets https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/collecting-attendee-information/

..are there any news on this?

This is still on our long-term roadmap. To make this work properly we need to complete a revamp of the recurring events engine (which is underway).

Preferably we would like to use multiple dates for the same event and also the possibility for users to choose and register for specific dates.

Just to set expectations, when this is released, all recurring events will get their own set of tickets.
    However, it is unlikely that users will be able to book several dates from a single screen.

That said, if this is your main goal, you could “cheat” a little.

What you could do is to set up one big event that covers a time period (e.g.: July 1st – August 30th). Once that is done, you could add a bunch of tickets for the individual dates.

Not ideal, but it might work depending on your use case.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

AK

Thank you Geoff!

So, just to clarify a few things.

We do not want to sell tickets online but rather have a form on each event where attendees can register (name + contactinfo). Best way would be to use Tickets plus for this?
    Would we still need to also install WooCommerce?…”Event Tickets Plus requires an ecommerce plugin to sell tickets.”

If we want to use multiple dates for the same event (but NOT a regular interval of daily/weekly/monthly)…this is something we could do with Events Calendar Pro ?
    Is there no way we could simply have a selectlist with the different dates for the same event included in the form where attendees register?

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Anders,

Thank you for writing back.

We do not want to sell tickets online but rather have a form on each event where attendees can register (name + contactinfo). Best way would be to use Tickets plus for this?

By default, our Event Tickets (free) plugin can only capture the name and email address for the RSVP functionality.

Furthermore, it can only do so for the person making the reservation.

This is why I am suggesting throwing Event Tickets Plus in the mix.
    It will let you decide what information you want to capture for every RSVP ticket.

In other words, this works both for selling tickets (which you are not interested in) AND for simple RSVP tickets.

Would we still need to also install WooCommerce?…”Event Tickets Plus requires an ecommerce plugin to sell tickets.”

No need to do that in your case (unless you change your mind and you want to sell tickets).
    All you are doing is using Event Tickets Plus to enhance the RSVP tickets.

If we want to use multiple dates for the same event (but NOT a regular interval of daily/weekly/monthly)…this is something we could do with Events Calendar Pro ?

The Events Calendar Pro does add the recurring events feature (you can set irregular dates as well as regular intervals).

However, for the time being, recurring events do not support tickets fully (we have that on our long-term roadmap).

Here is how recurring events work with tickets (including RSVP tickets) for now:

1. When you create tickets in a recurring event, ALL of these tickets will be available for ALL the individual recurring events. In other words, it does not create separate tickets for each of the recurring events.

Some of our customers create tickets for each date to workaround this issue. In other words, all of the recurring events show tickets for each date.

2. You can use recurring events to speed up event creation. Once that is done, you are able to “break each event from the series). What that does is that each event now becomes independent. You can now add separate tickets in each event.

Is there no way we could simply have a selectlist with the different dates for the same event included in the form where attendees register?

You could.
    This is where Event Tickets Plus comes in handy since you can add a dropdown to the information you are capturing.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

AK

Thank you Geoff,

Are there capabilities built in to these plugins so that we could let for instance “Author” -users publish and handle their own events and bookings independent of each other?

I was looking at the demo for Tickets plus: https://wpshindig.com/event/event-tickets-plus-demo/
    Am I right that we do not have to use the “add to chart” > “proceed to checkout” functionality but could instead simply have form with name+contact info for the attendee?
    …is there an example like this?

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good evening Anders,

Thank you for following-up.

Are there capabilities built in to these plugins so that we could let for instance “Author” -users publish and handle their own events and bookings independent of each other?

To achieve that goal, you will need to throw 2 other add-ons into the mix:

1. https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-community-events/
    2. https://theeventscalendar.com/product/community-tickets/

We even offer a bundle to make this a better value.

https://theeventscalendar.com/bundle-community-manager

Am I right that we do not have to use the “add to chart” > “proceed to checkout” functionality but could instead simply have form with name+contact info for the attendee?

Yes, absolutely.

I just realized we do not have a built-in demo of this, so I just threw one together quickly for you: http://playformobile.monsiteoublog.com/event/rsvp-tickets-with-additional-attendee-information/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

AK

Thank you for setting up the demo, I really appreciate it!

Is it possible to skip the first part that only shows the number select
    and directly just show name/contact info fields?
    …and I guess hide/remove “RSVP”,”Going/Not going”

Am I right that I will have to wait for an upcoming version if I want a select list included here where recurring dates for the same event are listed ?

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Anders,

Thank you for writing back.

Is it possible to skip the first part that only shows the number select and directly just show name/contact info fields? …and I guess hide/remove “RSVP”,”Going/Not going”

The short answer is yes, you can do that. But you will need to use a platform like TribeCommerce or WooCommerce ironically to achieve that.

The good news is that the setup is pretty straightforward and there is tons of help out there for it.

If you decide to use WooCommerce (which would be my recommendation), you don’t even need to set up a payment gateway (you could use C.O.D. or cheque as payment solutions).

That would work since it sounds like your tickets are “free” and WooCommerce lets you “sell” free items.

Am I right that I will have to wait for an upcoming version if I want a select list included here where recurring dates for the same event are listed ?

That is correct.

That said, some people workaround that by adding as many tickets as there are recurring events in the recurring event. Each ticket’s name is a specific date in the series.

For example, let’s say I have a recurring event every week for a month starting today, I would add 5 tickets in my event:

1. July 2nd ticket
    2. July 9th ticket
    3. July 16th ticket
    4. July 23rd ticket
    5. July 30th ticket

These 5 tickets would appear in all the recurring events. To make it more user-friendly, you can simply add a sale end date so that the tickets disappear once the event is passed. This also makes sure nobody purchases tickets for an event that has already happened.

For example:

1. July 2nd ticket – sale end date July 3rd
    2. July 9th ticket – sale end date July 10th
    3. July 16th ticket – sale end date July 17th
    4. July 23rd ticket – sale end date July 24th
    5. July 30th ticket – sale end date July 31st

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

AK

Thank you Geoff!

I believe your example achieves exactly what we are looking for here.

That would work since it sounds like your tickets are “free” and WooCommerce lets you “sell” free items.

Some tickets would actually cost, does that man we would need the “add to cart, proceed to checkout” after all?

To be honest it´s a little intimidating that we need to add 5 plugins, does it risk to slow things down?

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Anders,

Thank you for following-up.

Some tickets would actually cost, does that man we would need the “add to cart, proceed to checkout” after all?

That is a great question.

WooCommerce can be really tailored using its settings and with third-party plugins. One of the things you can do is to bypass the add to cart process and go straight to checkout.

Another solution would be to use our very own Tribe Commerce solution. Basically, it is an alternative to WooCommerce in this case. It is a very simple Paypal checkout process, bypassing all of the bells and whistles of WooCommerce.

To be honest it´s a little intimidating that we need to add 5 plugins, does it risk to slow things down?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. We should be doing a better job at addressing that very specific concern.

That said, and hopefully this can help you feel more comfortable, the shere number of plugins has no impact on performance per se.

In other words, the fact that our plugin suite is broken down in several plugins will not make things slower than if they were bundled up in one gigantic plugin.

What can happen when you are using several plugins or poorly designed plugins is that they can conflict with one another or misuse your server resources.

As you can imagine, we have a whole team that focuses exclusively on making sure that this is not the case.

All that to say that you can add these 5 plugins without worrying about it.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

AK

In other words, the fact that our plugin suite is broken down in several plugins will not make things slower than if they were bundled up in one gigantic plugin.

That makes sense 😉

Thank you Geoff!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Anders,

Thank you so much for your awesome understanding.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

AK

Hi again,

Just one more follow up question on this.

I like the idea of creating multiple tickets as you describe above with sales end dates.
    Would it be possible to also include location info there.
    So that when visiting an eventpage you would see all recurring dates + tickets.
    Where the ticketlist would be a selectlist in a form that looks something like this:
    july 4 2018, New York
    july 10 2018, Chicago
    july, 15 Los Angeles

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Anders,

That is a great question.
    The simplest way to tackle this would be to include that info in the ticket title (or description).

That said, by default, tickets are not shown in a drop-down form, but rather as a list of rows.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Reservation tool?’ is closed to new replies.