Private and Public Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Private and Public Events

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jan Newport

My client would like to have an Event Calendar on her website. She will post public events on the calendar for everyone to view, and she also needs Private Events to be displayed on a calendar where Members will have to log in to see them. Is this possible with The Events Calendar, either the regular version or the Pro version?

If it is possible, can you explain how it is to be done? I can’t find any documentation about this anywhere. I have the free version downloaded onto a test site and can’t make it work the way I described above.

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi, Jan. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

Our plugin creates one master calendar, but you can create the appearance of multiple calendars by using Event Categories.

Examples:

There are additional methods and documentation at our Can You Have Multiple Calendars? KB article.

So, no, there aren’t membership-type restrictions available, but a membership plugin might enable such functionality. (We don’t have any membership plugin recommendations.)

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Jan Newport

I made two different categories (Private Events and Public Events), but the calendar shows only on the one page (Private Events) and has both public and private events. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. In your comments above, there seems to be a way to do this, but you don’t explain it.

Please help, as I have a presentation on Monday night…

Thanks!

Jan

Jan Newport

I just found the article you were talking about… I will go over it and see if I can do this. Thanks!

Jan Newport

Nope, still not happening. In the Custom LInk area, the URL is http://website-design-calgary.com/events/category/public-events/

And the Navigation Label is Public Events

The URL for the Private Events in the Custom Link area is : http://website-design-calgary.com/events/category/private-events

And the Navigation Label is Private Events

All the events have the proper category selected.

What am I doing wrong?

Cliff

Sorry you’re struggling with this.

Our calendar functionality does not have any native “permissioning” functionality, like member-only or otherwise-restricted events.

Events does support post visibility, which may be beneficial to you.

Or you may choose to attempt setting up a membership plugin to try to control access to different types of events.

I hope this additional information helps. Please let me know how you get along with this.

Jan Newport

Yes, I realize that it does support post visibility, and that is definitely beneficial. But, I can’t even get that to work on a regular website, similar to the example you gave to me showing three different category calendars. I am just trying for that right now. Once that is working properly, then I can see if it would work for the Membership area.

Are the settings that I put in for the Custom Link areas the right settings? I followed the directions in the KB article, but it’s not working. I could truly use some help with this, Cliff.

Thanks

Jan

Jan Newport

Ok! I got it! Now I will work on the Membership thing…..

thanks, Cliff.

Jan

Cliff

Jan, it looks like you’re seeking support, maybe for using our free/core The Events Calendar plugin, but posted in our Pre-Sales forum from a user account that doesn’t have any purchases associated with it.

We don’t answer support questions for The Events Calendar core/free or Event Tickets core/free or their paid add-ons in the Pre-Sales forum.

If you made your purchase(s) through a different user account, please login to that account and then post in one of the paid forums.

Thank you for your understanding and thank you for using our plugins.

===

To help a bit, here are our recommended troubleshooting steps when something isn’t working as expected:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Private and Public Events’ is closed to new replies.