Paypal sandbox account

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Paypal sandbox account

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

If you have missing orders for some of your previous ticket payments, then you can generate them by re-sending the PayPal IPN notifications. To do this, navigate to your IPN notification history (Profile and Settings > My selling tools > Instant Payment Notification > IPN History Page).

Best,
    Victor

understandphoto
    Participant

Hi all!

Thanks for the plugins update! It seemed to have solved the most important problems:
    1. I can successfully make a purchase and this fact is communicated to the website
    2. I can see paypal orders and attendees on the backend
    3. The stock decreases as it should (with simple tickets)
    4. The buyer receives emails from both paypal and the website

That’s all great!

However, here is a list of problems I’ve noticed:

1. The stock works fine with simple tickets but not with shared tickets. I’m attaching some screenshots. Basically, I have a shared capacity of 6 – an early bird special and a regular price. When a purchase is made during early bird special, the stock decreases to 5 as it should, but the regular stock remains 6, which is wrong – it should also be 5 at this point. When later I bought a regular priced ticket, the regular stock decreased by 1 (now 5). That shows to me that for some reason the shared tickets do not talk to each other. This is one of the reasons we bought Tickets Plus plugin and our 30 day trial expires in couple of days.

2. Another problem with shared tickets is that when I set up the early bird ticket to stop selling tickets after let’s say 1PM it should stop selling early tickets at 1PM. Instead it doesn’t stop until at least 3-4 hours later. I’m attaching screenshot of our website settings which is basically set to New York Time. The plugin is set to use this time on all tickets.

3. Even with simple tickets, the stock on ‘Attendees’ page didn’t change even though it recorded a new attendee. This is minor problem, though.

Again, we have 3 of your premium plugins and our 30 days trial is running out. We need the solution as fast as possible!!

Now it’s apparent that we are not going to use Aggregator, so who do I speak to about refund for that plugin?

Thanks.

understandphoto
    Participant

two more

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I’m glad to hear the PayPal issues are fixed for you now.

Regarding the stock issues, when were these tickets originally created? It may be possible that if they were created while there was a certain bug present, that they won’t behave correctly even though the original problem has been patched. I do see that a similar issue was fixed back at the very end of May. Were these events or tickets created just around then?

If these tickets were created awhile back, you could try the following: Set up a new ticket with the right capacity settings. Then move the already sold tickets to this one. Then delete the ‘old’ ticket which is causing the capacity issue. Are the purchased tickets actual purchases? Or just test purchases? If the latter, you could skip the steps with moving anything, and just try re creating them and testing again.

For the timezone issues, can you tell me what you have set for the following:

Events > Settings > General > Time Zone Mode

and, the timezone that is set for one of the events in question, in the “Time and Date” section of the settings.

To request a refund for Aggregator, you can fill out the form on the bottom of the Refunds page.

Thanks,
    Sky

understandphoto
    Participant

Sky,
    The ticket in question was published on May 20. So I went ahead and created a new test event today at 4:45AM. I set up an early bird special to stop selling at 5AM today. I set up a regular ticket to start selling at 5AM. You can see the result in my first screenshot that was made a few minutes after 5AM. Now it shows both tickets at the same time.

Setting in Events….General is Use the site-wide zone (screenshot)
    These were real purchases, not sandbox transactions.

Now about the stock issue:

As you can see from my first screenshot the stock is wrong. The regular price stock should be 5 at this time.

Other questions/issues:
    1. Is it possible to have a validated phone number field to be required when someone is making a purchase? Right now I see there is only a text field available, which is not enough
    2. When creating tickets I set a certain SKU (like 1234) but this is not showing up anywhere. Instead another random code is assigned. Does it mean that it only works with woocommerce?
    3. Have the same issue with Paypal not accepting a payment when a user has made a purchase before.
    4. Our 30 day trial runs out in two days. We want to stay with you guys but all these problems are simply unacceptable. At this time I would like to request extension of the trial period for both Events Calendar Pro and Event Tickets Plus.

Thanks.

understandphoto
    Participant

Any idea why this is happening?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Ticket Stock Issue

When you tested the new tickets, were they on the same event as the existing ones from May 20? I think for this test to work, we would need to delete the existing tickets since they are shared. Since these are actual tickets that have been sold to attendees, we may need to create a test event and try out the new tickets there, so they are not sharing capacity with the old tickets.

Timezone Issue

I just tested this on my local setup, and the ticket form was gone a minute after the time I had set as the end sale date. Are you actually in the New York timezone yourself?

Other Questions

* There is not an option for a validated phone number field.
    * The SKU field is optional and is of most use to merchants with an existing stock-keeping unit system.
    * I have not heard of anyone else having that particular PayPal issue. I can ask around to see if anyone else has encountered it.
    * Since I am helping with these issues, there will be no problem getting a refund if you still want when we conclude this support thread.

Thanks,
    Sky

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

The PayPal issue is supposed to have been fixed in the update that was pushed out yesterday. Can you make sure that all of your plugins are updated to the latest versions?

Thanks,
    Sky

understandphoto
    Participant

Sky,
    1. I created absolutely new event. I’ll keep testing but yes, it was a new event, not just a new ticket on an old event.

2. I’m in New York time zone, you are correct.

3. How do we submit a new feature request? We need a validated phone field.

4. I was asking a question about SKU not to know what it is but why it’s not working for me. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. Is this yet another bug with tribe commerce?

5. I just updated the plugin to the latest version 4.7.4.1 Hope this solves the paypal not accepting payment issue.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

understandphoto
    Participant

Another problem:
    On phones the buy button is pushed out of screen. See screenshot.

Any quick fix you can suggest?

understandphoto
    Participant

Tested the entirely new event with the new tickets and yes both are showing an hour after the early bird was supposed to stop selling.

understandphoto
    Participant

This is crazy, there is another problem: It is possible to buy tickets for expired events. What’s going on here? I didn’t set any timing to start and stop the sale. The ticket should stop selling at the beginning of the event automatically.

As far as the paypal issue it is not fixed. I’m attaching a screenshots of what happens when a returning customer wants to purchase another ticket.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

We generally try to keep these support threads focused on one specific issue, or related problems. For any additional issues, please create a new support post.

Feature requests can be submitted and/or voted on in our User Voice Forum

I’m not sure if the SKU is utilized in Tribe Commerce. I have asked about this, and will let you know when I find out.

The three issues we are dealing here

* Ticket Stock not being correct with shared tickets
    * Paypal Payments for return customer using the same invoice number and not going through.
    * Ticket End Sales time not respecting the Timezone

have all been reported as being recently fixed. If you are using the latest updates, and still experiencing the issues, I will need to go through the steps with you to see if I can reproduce the problems. Then I will need to create a new bug ticket explaining the steps we took.

First, let’s focus on the PayPal issue.

Can you provide your system information?

Also can you clarify what you mean by “you removed the first ticket and went to pay for the second?” It sounds like you have paid for the two tickets, but are trying to buy one of the tickets again? Can you explain step by step what you are doing that leads up to this issue?

There’s a couple of things you can try here while testing this. First, when going to purchase a ticket, do so from an incognito window. Second, please switch to the Twenty Seventeen theme and disable all non Events Calendar plugins. If it turns out there is a theme or plugin conflict, we can address that differently. But getting things working with the defaults is a good first step.

Thanks,
    Sky

understandphoto
    Participant

Sky,
    I don’t have a problem creating support tickets for every issue but I’ve been here for over 2 weeks or so and the process is painfully slow. If I get 3 different techs it might take months at this rate.

I appreciate your willingness to help. You at least know what’s going on. However, I want to comply with the way you guys do things around here. So which problems do you not want to deal with? I’ll post separate tickets for those.

Okay, so let’s start with the fact that all our plugins are up to date.
    See our system info in the next post.
    Step by step:
    1. I buy a ticket to Test event #1 and the purchase goes through, no problem.
    2. About an 30-60 minutes later I try to buy a ticket to a test event #2 ( not the same but a different event)
    3. paypal gives me a screen now showing both tickets (see the screenshot I sent yesterday). I have to remove the ticket I already bought. I remove the first ticket.
    4. Now there is only a ticket I want to buy so I go ahead and click ‘Check out’
    5. Paypal gives me the message ‘ this invoice has been paid’ (see screenshot I sent yesterday)

I know at this point that if I use an incognito mode or a new browser the purchase will go through as normal ( I already tested this and I tested this with the default setup – no plugins, 2017 theme). The problem is the returning customer might not clear his cache or use a new browser if he wants to buy another ticket. Is this a paypal issue, you think, or a plugin issue?

understandphoto
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • The topic ‘Paypal sandbox account’ is closed to new replies.