Paypal sandbox account

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Paypal sandbox account

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    understandphoto
    Participant

Hi there! I want to test out the Event tickets plus plugin with Tribe Commerce using paypal sandbox account. I couldn’t find any info about that in your docs or forums. It might not be a big deal but still I’d like to be able to test it first. Can you point me in the right direction? Is it even possible with your plugin? Thanks.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help with your question.

This is indeed possible. Before using the sandbox mode on your site, you will need to setup sandbox accounts for both Merchant and Buyer to fully test. This can be done at https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/

When you enable Tribe Commerce in Events > Settings > Tickets, the PayPal settings will show. One of these settings is “Enable PayPal sandbox.” You will want to check this, and then use your PayPal Sandbox Merchant account email for the “PayPal email to receive payments” field. If I remember correctly, you need to check “yes” on the two following questions about IPN settings even if you haven’t actually done so.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Sky

understandphoto
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Looking back over how I set this up on my test environment, I actually did need to enable instant payment notifications (IPN) in my PayPal account’s Selling Tools. It was just the Notification’s URL that didn’t need to be set up.

Have you set this up? What does it say for your “PayPal configuration status” in the settings? Does it say “complete?”

Thanks,
    Sky

understandphoto
    Participant

This reply is private.

understandphoto
    Participant

Any chance for your reply? Not to be rude or anything but I have everything on hold trying to resolve this issue. Or do you want me post a new ticket?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I apologize for the delay, but our support team only operates Monday through Friday.

Thank you for the screenshot. It looks like you at least have the paypal settings configure correctly.

Can you try the process with the Twenty Seventeen theme enabled, and all other plugins disabled? Do you see the same result on the success page?

Thanks,
    Sky

understandphoto
    Participant

Thanks Sky!
    I am trying this on staging site but ran into a few more issues that I’m trying to solve. For example, when buying a ticket I get message from Paypal that this invoice has been paid. Or the success message redirects to the live site even though I did change the setting on business account. Because of these issues I’m not able to move forward with testing without some workarounds.
    A few other problems with tickets have surfaced. Should I just create a new support ticket for each problem or just post here? What do you suggest?
    In the meantime I’ll create a fresh install as you suggested and see if anything changes.
    Thanks.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

If you have found other errors regarding tickets, it would be best if you created a new post for those.

Let me know if you see any different behavior with the default theme and plugins disabled.

Thanks,
    Sky

understandphoto
    Participant

Sky, I did what you suggested. I disabled all the plugins except : TEC, Events Calendar Pro, Event tickets and Event Tickets Plus. I changed the theme to twentyseventeen. Here is the message I got on success page:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/folder/public_html/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen/header.php:15) in /home/folder/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/Tribe/Commerce/PayPal/Gateway.php on line 404

Which is exactly the same message as with our working theme. Based on this it seems the problem is not in the theme or plugins.

And because of this (or not) there are two issues:
    1) even though I placed no less than 5 orders, none of them are showing up in wordpress
    2) the stock doesn’t change

At first I was using sandbox feature but then moved to real accounts.

One more issue is that the plugin apparently sends the same id for multiple ( or all) of our events. I came to this conclusion because even though I was attempting to purchase different tickets Paypal came with the message: this invoice has already been paid contact merchant. This is an issue. I had to go to paypal settings and allow multiple payments on the same invoice – hardly a good idea. I wonder why the plugin doesn’t generate different invoices (or ids) for each of the tickets.

Okay, I wrote it all here because it seems that all these issues stem from one problem. But if you don’t think so I’ll be happy to post multiple threads. Please let me know.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for trying that out.

Can you verify the following:

* you have a page selected in Events > Settings > Tickets > “Success Page”
    * on the page that is selected in the above, you have added the shortcode [tribe-tpp-success]
    * in your paypal account, you have enabled instant payment notifications (IPN) in your PayPal account’s Selling Tools
    * in your paypal account, you have entered your site’s address in the Notification URL field in IPN Settings

Also, what do you have set for Events > Settings > Tickets > “Stock handling”?

Thanks,
    Sky

understandphoto
    Participant

This reply is private.

understandphoto
    Participant

Can you do me a favor, please?

The EDIT feature here is not working so can you please remove the screenshot I posted or set the reply as private.
    Thanks so much!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for verifying that for me.

Do you have the site password protected or set up with a “coming soon” plugin? It’s possible that the Paypal API is not able to reach the site to confirm the order.

Thanks,
    Sky

understandphoto
    Participant

Thanks Sky. I thought that too and disabled the coming soon mode and retested a few times without it. Something else is going on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • The topic ‘Paypal sandbox account’ is closed to new replies.