No events shown or found within MAPS view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO No events shown or found within MAPS view

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Dear support,

Under the map view, claendar does not find any events although 4 are active. could you kindly check and lets us know what the issue could be. For your information maps under a specific event are well displyed by Google Maps. See the two screenshot attached,

Thynk you
    Best,
    Dan

Dan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hey Dan,

Thank you for your patience while we got to your thread. We do our best to respond within 24 hours of your initial thread creation and any follow-up replies throughout the thread. Please review our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article.

I see you checked ‘Yes’ to reverting back to the default WordPress theme and deactivating all plugins other than ours as instructed in the Testing for conflicts guide, but can you please confirm this? If not, please do so and let me know what you find out. This is a required step to continue receiving support.

Regardless, can you please test again? Make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include your findings along with your System Information as a private reply.

Thanks and have a great rest of your day. Cheers!
    Pleas

Dan
    Participant

Yes we do confirm

However we are not technical and your site states that integrating The EVents Calendar is seamless,

We encountered many bugs and it is not what we would call seamless

Could you kindly check our website ? we can provide logins to access

Thank You
    Dan

Dan
    Participant

well we found out it is not a conflict

the “slug” is not well translated within your plugin …. with /all it works with /tous in French not

what do you advise moving mach to theeventscalendar 4.0 ???

thanks
    dan

Dan
    Participant

will there be a release to fix it or should we roll back to an earlier version of theeventscalendar ?
    thanks
    best
    dan

Dan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Dan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Dan
    Participant

did you have a chance to have a look at it

as you can see in our other threads we were also facing issues with

1. translation of slug /all /tous /alle
    2. correct long lat positionning in Google Maps
    3 and a strange min in the header of the Calendar Date and Time
    4. was the Facebook fetching issue

You see it is quite a pain to get it running …

Thanks for all your help,
    Dan

Hunter

Hey Dan,

We have a bug report resembling what you’ve shared in this response regarding 404 errors on the ‘See All’ recurring event pages. Try adding the following code to the bottom of your theme’s functions.php file:

function translate_all_slug_to_alle( $text, $original, $context, $textdomain ) {
    if (
    $textdomain !== 'the-events-calendar'
    || $context !== 'all events slug'
    || $original !== 'all'
    ) {
    return $text;
    }

return 'alle';
    }

add_filter( 'gettext_with_context', 'translate_all_slug_to_alle', 10, 4 );

Be sure to visit WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and hit the “Save Changes” button after adding the code I shared above. We are nearing a release for this issue, so once it’s released and you update the plugin, you’ll need to revisit the functions.php file and remove the code. Keep an eye on our Release Notes for more info.

If you have not already, please review the Setting Up Your Google Maps API Key tutorial. Does this Google Maps issue occur when you deactivate all plugins other than ours and revert back to the default WP theme? I’m not able to reproduce the behavior on my test site and I’m not seeing any logged bug reports resembling this issue, so it might be best you set up a fresh WordPress installation where you can fully troubleshoot the issue. Make sure you have only the default WordPress theme and The Events Calendar installed and activated on the test site. Please review our Using One License for Live and Dev Sites and Moving Your License Keys tutorials for more information.

I understand this isn’t as seamless as you’d hoped for, but rest assured I’m here to help where possible. In the case any issues are not the fault of our plugins, you’ll need to address them on your own. Please review our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article.

Take care and have a great rest of your day. Cheers!

Dan
    Participant

yes this is what we did

1. as we encountered many errors we went through this process many time by now
    2. Google Mapping is et up correctly with a premium account and locations are show correctly within the event

=> it is only the full map view which makes problems

as stated in the post before we made some progress => the events we entered earlier DO NOT show up, we entered a new location and this shows up but with wrong coordinates

Example One – New Entry => perfect mapping within the event page
    http://gemelliwln.cluster007.ovh.net/cancer_dev/event/352/

but wrong mapping for the same location an the same event in the global map
    http://gemelliwln.cluster007.ovh.net/cancer_dev/events/categorie/evenements/carte/

Example Two – old entries

perfect mapping on the event page
    http://gemelliwln.cluster007.ovh.net/cancer_dev/event/352/

No Mapping at allon global Map
    http://gemelliwln.cluster007.ovh.net/cancer_dev/events/categorie/evenements/carte/

NOW seeing these issues, it is not a bug within our theme or other plugins, version 4.4.3 is just full of bugs and as we speak about a premium product you should not have released it as it is lower than a Beta Release.

to make a long story short we feel repeating since a week,

it is frustrating and we feel doing the debugging for you guys

when you sell a premium plugin is it not you the vendor who should and has all interest in the worl to be compatble with “at least” state of the art themes and other plugins ?

sorry again but your expensive plugin is not currently (our experience) at the level of its promise / cost

we can provide you access to our development environment and wordpress site, it should not be a big issue for you to rapidly see what the issue is and to fix it right ?

please advise

best,
    dan

Dan
    Participant

still struggling

we managed to publish one correctly … but could not repeat and we dont understand why it should work once and not twice ??

the same location duplicate shows an error … really strange

look at the screenshots

best
    dan

Hunter

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the update. I noticed a warning in one of your screenshots, so I used Google Translate and it appears that your site is reaching it’s limits for the Google Maps API:

Do you see any notice in your WordPress admin dashboard along the lines of, “You have 2 venues for which we don’t have geolocation data….”? If so, can you please select the “Fix Venues Data” button and see if that has an effect on the behavior?

I’d also like to address a few points you brought up in your last response:

NOW seeing these issues, it is not a bug within our theme or other plugins, version 4.4.3 is just full of bugs and as we speak about a premium product you should not have released it as it is lower than a Beta Release.

I completely agree, there shouldn’t be any excuses for large amount of bugs being included in an official “working” version, so in the rare instance this is the case, we truly apologize. You can always downgrade to the previous version(s) that work for you until we are able to get a hotfix release out.

when you sell a premium plugin is it not you the vendor who should and has all interest in the worl to be compatble with “at least” state of the art themes and other plugins?

There are literally tens of thousands of themes available, so while we try our hardest to ensure compatibility with the most popular themes, there are so many themes considered “popular” that it’s not possible to guarantee anything of that nature.

we can provide you access to our development environment and wordpress site, it should not be a big issue for you to rapidly see what the issue is and to fix it right ?

We are unable to log into customer sites barring extreme circumstances to be determined by us. If things get beyond your level of expertise, we have a list of non-affiliated customizers that can help further assist.

Please keep me updated with the status of your issue and have a great weekend ahead 🙂

Dan
    Participant

Hi Hunter thank you for your kind help,

Regarding your answrr: Do you see any notice in your WordPress admin dashboard along the lines of, “You have 2 venues for which we don’t have geolocation data….”? If so, can you please select the “Fix Venues Data” button and see if that has an effect on the behavior?

By pushing “Fix Venues Data” we get the same error message as when we add a new location

La latitude et la longitude pour le lieu de votre événement n’ont pas pu être trouvés. La limite de l’API de Google Maps a été atteinte pour votre serveur.

We have fully activated Google API in paid mode so it should not be a question of limits … especially as on the pages itself the location is always displayed and correct … only the global map shows issues

Not easy 🙂

Hunter

Thank you for the update. I’m still not able to reproduce the issue you’re having with Google Maps and there aren’t any bugs logged resembling what you’ve shared with me. Do you have a test site set up? If not, as previously requested, it might be best you set up a fresh WordPress installation where you can fully troubleshoot the issue. Make sure you have only the default WordPress theme and The Events Calendar installed and activated on the test site. Please review our Using One License for Live and Dev Sites and Moving Your License Keys tutorials for more information.

I’ve also requested you share any errors you’ve found through WP_DEBUG and your browser console, so please take note of any errors you see and share them in your reply. Doing so will help further troubleshoot on my end.

To avoid confusion, let’s keep this particular thread focused on the Google Maps issue. Please create a new thread for any other issues you’re currently experiencing.

Thanks again for your patience and let me know what you find out. Cheers 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘No events shown or found within MAPS view’ is closed to new replies.