Multiple user "roles" for events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multiple user "roles" for events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lars Wong Frandsen

Hi,
    I am looking into different event-organizing solutions, and also The Events Calendar.

Can you clarify for me, if it is possible to have different user “roles” for an event in The Events Calendar.
    Say I have an event where I want to keep track of
    1. Organizers
    2. Volunteers (somehow link users to the event but not show publicly, keep a list from management page of the event for instance)
    3. Participants (e.g. via RSVP)

Hope you can clarify if/how this can be done via The Event Calendar.

Br.
    Lars

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Lars,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

You can create organizers on events, but these are not linked to user accounts. They are actually custom post types. However, using Community Events, users can see and manage events that they have created. Events Calendar Pro also creates individual organizer/venue pages, so the organizer/venue listed on an event links to a page showing all upcoming events for that organizer/venue.

Our free Event Tickets plugin will let users register for events (although Event Tickets Plus would be needed to sell tickets). Event Tickets Plus extends the functionality for free registrations as well, including features like custom fields for attendee info and displaying a list of an event’s attendees.

For volunteers, there is not an out-of-the-box way to link users to an event like this. However, you might look into using Advanced Custom Fields. You could test this out by installing that plugin along with our free plugin The Events Calendar on a staging site to see if you can get it working.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to test out any of our premium plugins, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Lars Wong Frandsen

Hi Jennifer,
    thanks for clarifying and offering some potential solutions to look into.

I’ll get back to you if I need more assistance.

Best regards,
    Lars

Jennifer
    Keymaster

No problem! This thread will close automatically after two weeks of inactivity, but if you need any assistance after that, you can open up a new thread any time.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple user "roles" for events’ is closed to new replies.