input fields on ticket

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus input fields on ticket

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    sue
    Participant

Hello

I have to say I am really disappointed with the number of issues with
    event tickets plus and also ongoing support – I manage several web sites
    and I am running Espresso Events on one of my other sites and this
    product is far superior to Event tickets plus – the reason I went with
    event tickets plus is that I wanted a product that would work with
    Woocommerce and our on line store – however I am starting to re think
    this now given the number of issues with the event tickets plus software
    as below:-

adding ticket using woocommerce – custom input fields are not visible in
    the event attendee list – this is critical for my on line events. When
    will this be available? I tested using ticket RSVP and this works and
    custom input fields are listed in the event attendee list – I have had
    to resort to using the RSVP for my event which had to go on line today –
    however this has major issues. How can i get rid of the free on the
    ticket as tickets are not free – I googled this and found several CSS
    changes to the functions.php file on your forum – i tried all these and
    none worked. The other issues is how do I easily customise the email
    that is sent out when someone rsvps – email.php – isnt there an easy way
    to do this via the wordress admin – seems not? I want to change the
    text and add a logo. ALso how do i change the from and subject email –
    right now its showing as from WordPress and subject Your Tickets from
    ACSW. ALso how to change the RSVP to be 1 only. The bottom line being
    i have had to put an event on line which is not really customised as i
    want and dosent look that professional.

also this is outstanding
    re item 2 i don’t want to email tickets just confirmation of the order
    This is totally feasible. To unhook tickets completely, you simply need
    to uncheck all the boxes at the bottom of the screen in Events ->
    Settings -> Tickets.

done and all ok but as a ticket buyer i am not receiving an email about
    my ticket purchase/entry – and also as the event organiser i am not
    receiving an email to notify me of a new ticket sale – how can i enable
    these 2 items please?

now looking at the ticket and list of attendees how do i select them all
    and send a custom email? is that doable from your software and the
    wordpress admin? i really dont want to keep making CSS changes.

What is your policy on refunds also as I am really not happy with the
    current state of this product – and no way to test before buy….

sue
    Participant

and how do i show the date and time of the event registration for each
    person?

when will someone from support respond? really unhappy about the
    support…..

Caroline

Hi Sue,

Thanks for following up–we’re so sorry to hear that you’re still experiencing difficulties with Event Tickets Plus on your site. We’re currently operating at reduced capacity in support this week due to our yearly team retreat, which we announced beginning last week across all content and support pages on TheEventsCalendar.com. We expect to be back at full availability by next Monday, at which time our support response times should be back to their usual averages. Thanks so much for your patience and understanding–we’re looking forward to having our full team back to work with you next week! 🙂

For now, your best bet to continue troubleshooting some of these issues you’re experiencing will be to proceed with conflict testing as suggested by Geoff B. above! The other two points indicated in his private reply would also be hugely helpful, if you’re able to assist with either request. Once we’ve addressed these, we’ll hopefully be able to eliminate some problem areas, and we’ll be better equipped to move forward on addressing some of your other concerns.

Regarding our refund policy, our return period is a full 30 days from original date of purchase, so you still have a good amount of time left to continue working with our support team if desired. Since some time has been lost due to our reduced availability this week, I’d be more than glad to extend your return window an additional week or two to compensate. We hope this will encourage you to continue working with us to resolve your problems here–but if you should prefer to receive a refund at any time, please let us know, and we’ll make sure that gets processed for you.

Again, we hope you’ll accept our apologies for the difficulties you’ve encountered with Event Tickets Plus so far. We’re committed to continuing to work with you to resolve your issues and get you back to work as quickly as possible–please don’t hesitate to let us know if there’s anything else we can do to assist you here. Cheers, and we look forward to continuing the conversation very soon!

sue
    Participant

still no response to my support request – really? when can i expect a
    reply please?

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

sue
    Participant

Just logged into this ticket and saw all the replies – i did enable be notified by email but didn’t receive any emails. I will review the comments and come back to you thanks

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Sue,

Thank you for writing back.

Please let us know when you do.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

sue
    Participant

Thanks for all the updates – I have downloaded and installed event-tickets-plus-4-4-5rc1 – note that i had to remove the previous version in order to install this one – there was no upgrade/update option.

I have tested creating an event using woocommerce and specific user input fields – and yes i now see these input field details in the registration info under details and in the exported CSV so thanks for resolving that issue.

Re the below
    re items 4 when the buy ticket option is presented i want to set this to 1 not 0 so people can only buy 1 ticket and no option to change for one event

You can do that by applying the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/075787fd6b427e1c47be0d756ca5b26c
    this will set this for every event though right? no way to set within the ticket for each event?

ALSO
    also how can i bulk email all registrants for 1 event?

You could either export your email list and use it in a third party service such a Mailchimp or take advantage of the built-in mailing feature : https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/managing-your-orders-and-attendees/
    this is very cumbersome and longwinded – when do you envisage being able to email from the event list directly please?

how can i get the date and time on the registration details for each event please – in the exported CSV file?

Also the ticket assignment of a ticket number is very confusing – can i disable this and just have the name of the ticket listed under ticket?

There are still lots of issues and I am not convinced this software is right for us – the ability to email is very important (not via 3rd party as extra work)

Thanks Caroline for offering below to extend my refund time – could you please tell me what date I have to do this by?
    Regarding our refund policy, our return period is a full 30 days from original date of purchase, so you still have a good amount of time left to continue working with our support team if desired. Since some time has been lost due to our reduced availability this week, I’d be more than glad to extend your return window an additional week or two to compensate. We hope this will encourage you to continue working with us to resolve your problems here–but if you should prefer to receive a refund at any time, please let us know, and we’ll make sure that gets processed for you.

thanks
    Sue

sue
    Participant

The other question I have is say I want to add events for different subjects A (4 events) B (2 events) and C (2 events)
    How can i display each ticket for these on 1 page under
    Subject A in table form
    listing 4 events
    Subject B in table form
    listing 2 events
    Subject C in table form
    listing 2 events
    thank you
    Sue

sue
    Participant

also how do i customise easily the on screen order received please?

Geoff B.

Good evening Sue,

Thank you for your answers.

First off, I would like to apologize for the delay answering.
    We are currently experiencing a higher level of requests than usual.

Please rest assured that we are working hard at correcting this situation.
    We appreciate your patience while we try to normalize things.

I have tested creating an event using woocommerce and specific user input fields – and yes i now see these input field details in the registration info under details and in the exported CSV so thanks for resolving that issue.

This is awesome news! As a side note, we have officially released the update for Event Tickets Plus today for all of our users to be able to benefit from these fixes while using the update button.

You can do that by applying the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/075787fd6b427e1c47be0d756ca5b26c
    this will set this for every event though right? no way to set within the ticket for each event?

We do not have a specific built-in tool or option to address that need for now, but you could probably achieve that with a WooCommerce quantity limitation plugin (while editing each product).

Here is an example of such a plugin: https://woocommerce.com/products/minmax-quantities

this is very cumbersome and longwinded – when do you envisage being able to email from the event list directly please?

We are currently working on different email enhancements to our plugins.
    Here are a few of them:

I cannot guarantee when it will be integrated, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.
    They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

how can i get the date and time on the registration details for each event please – in the exported CSV file?

These are present in the orders export.
    Most of our clients either use that report or simply combine the 2 reports via Excel.

Also the ticket assignment of a ticket number is very confusing – can i disable this and just have the name of the ticket listed under ticket?

The way the ticket numbering works is as follows:

• If there is a SKU, the format is SKU-# (where # is a sequentially increasing number)
    • If there is no SKU, the format eventname-#

We typically recommend using a SKU.

I will ask our coding wizards to see if they can come up with a snippet to remove the ticket number altogether from the actual ticket being sent.

There are still lots of issues and I am not convinced this software is right for us – the ability to email is very important (not via 3rd party as extra work)

We do work really hard at providing the best possible plugins.
    As you can imagine, with the shear number of amazing feature requests we receive, staying ahead of the curve is no small task.

But, you are absolutely right.
    When it comes right down to it, the important thing is that any piece of software meets the requirements of the customer.

To your point, I believe the main deciding factor for you to give our plugins a shot was the benefits of using WooCommerce versus using a proprietary solution provided by other plugins.

I believe you are the best person to judge if you feel that WooCommerce integration outweighs the absence of features you would like to have.

Thanks Caroline for offering below to extend my refund time – could you please tell me what date I have to do this by?

An extra week or two should be totally feasible.

The other question I have is say I want to add events for different subjects A (4 events) B (2 events) and C (2 events)
    How can i display each ticket for these on 1 page under
    Subject A in table form
    listing 4 events
    Subject B in table form
    listing 2 events
    Subject C in table form
    listing 2 events

To display such a view, you will probably want to use Event Categories.

A customized page template that displays all tickets from certain product categories should do the trick.

You can read about that here: https://theeventscalendar.com/customizations/

If coding is not really your cup of tea, you could always hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

also how do i customise easily the on screen order received please?

Can you confirm that you are referring to the following URL /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=post&page=tickets-orders&event_id= ?

If so, you can change what is visible using the “Screen options” option at the top right of your screen.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

sue
    Participant

sorry not had time to test any of these suggestions as yet – busy with other deadlines – what specific date do I have to test this by and say yay or nay and get a refund please?

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

sue
    Participant

thanks Geoff
    Sue

Geoff B.

Thank you for your understanding Sue.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘input fields on ticket’ is closed to new replies.